Tue, Oct 22, 10:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:52 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Now available at Renderosity - Comic Book Creator - Marvel Heroes Edition!!

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 11:52 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:04 AM

**Immerse Yourself in the Thrilling MARVEL Universe in Ways Only YOU Can Imagine!

**The opportunity to create your own personalized MARVEL comics has arrived. Innovative software for your PC combines MARVEL characters, backgrounds, props and action words with clip art, text balloons and caption boxes to bring your stories to life. Now, you are in control of your favorite character's destiny!

**Authentic MARVEL Art
**Character artwork straight from the MARVEL archives includes your favorite MARVEL characters and more! Blend with custom animations and action words to build unique stories fueled by your imagination.

Go here : Comic Book Creator - Marvel Heroes Edition for all the details!

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 4:19 PM

Is this legal??? Even if you only use it for personal works?

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

msorrels ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 10:15 PM

They have licensed the Marvel library, so yes it is legal.  But you can't do anything you want with works you create using it.  You would have to read the license agreement (which doesn't seem to be available on their web site even).

-Matt

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 9:46 AM

This version of Comic Book Creator has the Marvel content included. If you use the Marvel content it can only be for non-commercial usage.

However, The Comic Book Creator program can be used to create your own commercial comics with as long as you dont use the included Marvel content.

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 9:55 AM

I see, thanks!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 10:26 AM

You're very welcome.

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 7:42 PM

Quote - This version of Comic Book Creator has the Marvel content included. If you use the Marvel content it can only be for non-commercial usage.

However, The Comic Book Creator program can be used to create your own commercial comics with as long as you dont use the included Marvel content.

It sounds like it might be useful as a "break-in" tool; if using the included content allows you to post non-commercial comics on your site, for example, would you then be able to include your own artwork (eg. besides a few canned Spider-Man shots, you include Spider-Man shots that were completely yours)? In the answer's "yes", then one could publish a regular, non-commercial, online comic strip using Marvel's characters with Marvel's permission (even if it were, say, just using a canned Spidey shot as part of a title or opening frame). Is there a restriction on using the package in that way, one or two clip art shots with the rest original artwork?

ClintH ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 8:14 AM

Hi Walt, Thats not a problem as long as its not being use commercially (Making money).

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Walt Sterdan ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 7:44 PM

Quote - Hi Walt, Thats not a problem as long as its not being use commercially (Making money).

Great, thanks for the info! I'll pass it on to a buddy who was thinking along those lines. -- Walt Sterdan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.