Mon, Oct 21, 4:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: I feel really stupid

cwcorsair ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2001 at 12:07 PM ยท edited Mon, 14 October 2024 at 1:18 PM

I have had the devil's own time importing the various files that many very talented folks have created. I follow the ReadMe's included in the downloads but oftentimes Poser doesn't even seen the files or the sub directories. It happens with pretty well everything (characters RSR's and props - pp2's). I am sure that there is something I am not doing properly, can somebody give me a pointer? I am new to this and enjoying the fun, but this is sort of rain on my parade.

MartinC ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2001 at 12:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.soft-rabbit.com/

PC or Mac? If you're on Mac you need to convert the files before Poser decides to deal with it... Get Maconverter and your problems should be fixed: www.soft-rabbit.com

cwcorsair ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2001 at 1:11 PM

Actually I am Windows not MAC, but would files that were MAC files not be viewable by Windows unless converted also? Thank you

Robert Kopp ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2001 at 1:17 PM

Do you use another language version of Poser? If yes, you have to move some items to the right folder. They are different to the english version. Example: In the german version you have to move from character to figuren, from props to gegenstde, from pose to poses, from hair to haare ... Robert

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2001 at 2:46 PM

I have had a lot of issues when the zipped download creates 'sub directories' within poser's default structure I (ie. a directory mirror of the author's directory structur) so I adapted my own method of just unzipping downloads to an empty directory and then manually coping to my prefered directory. Try using Windows Explorer and look for these "extra sub directories" and cut and paste them to the correct directory.

Foxhollow ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2001 at 3:07 PM

Igohigh has th eright idea as far as I'm concerned...I put things where I want them myself. The runtime/geometries folder is the only one with very strict rules about folder names and fiel locations. These are all the .obj files that contain the geometry. cr2, hr2, pz2, pp2 files, and the corresponding .rsr file, go in the runtime/libraries/ folder for the figure, hair, pose or props. Only the catigory counts...they can go in any of the corresponding folders under the correct catigory.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.