Sun, Oct 6, 12:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Why do all of my ebots link to the marketplace?

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 7:03 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:40 AM

All my favorite artist ebots send me to the marketplace, instead of the artists image. Why?

williamsn ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 7:10 PM

This has been an ongoing problem for the past several months. Many users were experiencing the problem and told us how to replicate it; however, no matter how hard we've tried, we never could get the same thing to happen to us (makes it very hard to troubleshoot and track down the bug), and most of our user's weren't experiencing the problem.

HOWEVER insert drum roll here

We have recently discovered a bug in the login script that is most likely the source of this problem. Because we haven't been able to duplicate the problem, we have no way of testing for sure to make sure this solves it; however, we are confident it will.

It will be a week or two before the changes take effect. When it does, I will notify everyone in this thread, and ask them to keep an eye out to make sure it works.

Thanks for your patience,

N

-Nicholas

vikinglady ( ) posted Mon, 22 January 2007 at 7:24 PM

Thanks Nic.
  Where do I send the pizza and drinks?

V

Star4mation ( ) posted Tue, 23 January 2007 at 3:04 PM

Cheers Nic :)

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

calum5 ( ) posted Sat, 27 January 2007 at 8:58 AM

Happens to me everytime!Its so annoying..I dont want to see the Market place everytime I answer an ebot!
How come its such a mystery or is it an advertising scam lol!
Sort me out please?
cal

IO4 ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 10:37 AM

Yeah, had this problem too, so it's nice to know the Rend. team are aware and working on it. What I do is once the marketplace page has uploaded, close it then click the link in the email again and it then takes me to the correct page. Bit of a pain, but it works.

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 7:00 PM · edited Mon, 29 January 2007 at 7:03 PM

My ebots were working fine until a couple of days before I started this thread. Some programmer must of done something at that time to cause it. All they have to do is undo what they did. Getting the marketplace crammed down my throat every time I answer an ebot is annoying and I won't feel right buying anything from the marketplace until this issue is resolved.

williamsn ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 10:11 AM

Alright, guys, guess what?

The new code that hopefully will fix this problem is now on the site. Since we were never able to duplicate the problem in the first place, we need you to test it for us. Please let us know here if you are now able to click on links in your eBots and, after logging in, are taken to the correct page instead of the Marketplace homepage.

Thanks!

Nicholas

-Nicholas

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 1:57 PM

I tried. 

email and site mail have details.

V

Star4mation ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 5:19 PM

Nice one Nick!
 Works fine now :)

If it ain't free, I can't afford it.

calum5 ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 6:35 PM

Rejoyce lol!

Thankyou,

working fine finally.

cal

JOEANOMALY ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 6:57 PM

Excellent! Thank you!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.