Sun, Oct 20, 2:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Vue/Poser Newbie asking "What did I do?!"

HugePainting ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 5:50 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2024 at 2:54 PM

hello everyone, i hope someone can help me. I'm running Poser 6 and Vue Easel 5 on an ibook. Earlier today I was trying to figure out how to import poser figures into vue and after several attempts at trying to import them as wav objects (like I used to have to do eons ago in bryce), I realized that Vue could read pz3 files. Eureka! I went into poser and was playing around with the James hi res figure with full body morphs. Saved a file to import... and went into vue to import it. When vue imports it, its in the default position. just standing there (its a pose that I've set as my factory default, come to think of it). no matter what I do (different pose, remove full body morphs, use regular james instead of hi res), the figure is imported into Vue in a default position. Any ideas what could be going on here? Does it sound like I might have reset something I shouldn't have? I'm searching the forums as well, but though someone might be able to help right off the bat. thanks in advance!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 5:58 PM

Make sure you have the native Poser6 files uncompressed.  Vue won't import .obz & make sure you this unchecked within your Poser 6 preferences as well.

Hope this helps :)

HugePainting ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 6:58 PM

(I went to the cornucopia site and have posted the same message there.) Things are getting weird, though... I unchecked the external morphs, and file compression in Poser preferences. Didn't help. Here's the weird thing... I changed the default pose from a standing pose to a "crazy" pose and tried a couple more poses (saving the files with different names). Vue kept uploading that standing default pose regardless of the pz3 files I would import. (I tried clicking on the pz3 file to make sure the problem wasn't with the file... and it isn't, the correct file would open up). Now things get really weird... I deleted all these test pz3 files from my desktop. Then reset the default pose from being the "crazy" pose back to being the standing pose. Created a new test pose... and saved the pz3. Now things get weird... when I imported it into Vue, it imported the crazy pose (all the files associated with it were deleted). Could it be a cache problem? Again, thanks for any advice/suggestions.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 7:19 PM

Once you turned off the compression you would have to redo the Pz3 - that's why it worked your last go around :)

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 6:13 AM

I think maybe you created an animation in Poser, by changing the poses often t a non zero time. And  Esprit can't import Poser animations, only still scenes. If you have compression off, and external binary morphs unchecked, there is no reason why Esprit wouldn't load your pz3.

HugePainting ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 7:51 AM

Bruno: you were absolutely right. Somehow the animation slider at the bottom got moved to Frame 30! I have no idea how that happened since I never even open that "drawer." Thanks to everyone for all the help!

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 8:21 AM

Cool!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.