Sat, Oct 5, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Browser crashing.

phoenixwaller ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 4:20 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 1:12 AM

Help!! (please)

Lately my browser has started crashing randomly when I browse the forums here. It'll be chugging along just fine, and  then poof I click on a thread, thread starts to load, and browser freezes and crashes.

Since I first took notice of this (a couple of weeks ago) I've paid more attention to the browser activities, and it's only here that it crashes, and only when I go to individual threads. No thread in particular, could be any thread, but only in threads.

Anybody else have this problem or know how to stop this from happening? (And don't say to switch browsers or I'll have to glare menacingly lol)

Specs:
Win xp
Netscape 7.2

TIA

williamsn ( ) posted Mon, 15 January 2007 at 6:20 PM

Well, I won't tell you to switch browsers but, instead, to upgrade. Netscape is all the way up on version 8.1.2. You're still on 7.2, which was released on August 2004.

Most 'rosity users who have upgraded to 8.1 have stopped having this problem. A couple still report it, but an upgrade is likely your best bet.

N

-Nicholas

Rose ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 12:33 AM · edited Tue, 16 January 2007 at 12:37 AM

Attached Link: Rose

Well mine is a different problem of sorts and I think it all started when I downloaded and installed IE7.  Since it was installed I have been having no end of problems.  I can't use the drop down menus, get any of my media players to upload a web link. 

I'm kind of afraid of trying to un-install it so I'm still figuring out what to do with it (besides throw it out the window!)

LaMott Radio

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 2:43 AM

Rose: IE7 works great "BUT" there are some plug ins it doesn't like, there is a list of plug ins in your properties box [I think that's where it is] and it tells you which ones it doesn't like, untick them and it should work ok!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 3:17 AM

I tried IE 7 for about 3 or 4 days before I pitched it and went back to 6.+.

I'm not a big fan of tabbed browsing so I'll wait until they patch it up a bit.

Sorry...I can be of no help.... I got rid of Netscape back in 1998.

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

phoenixwaller ( ) posted Tue, 16 January 2007 at 11:07 AM

Thanks, I'm trying 8.1.2 now. See how it goes.

Rose ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 11:56 PM

Quote - Rose: IE7 works great "BUT" there are some plug ins it doesn't like, there is a list of plug ins in your properties box [I think that's where it is] and it tells you which ones it doesn't like, untick them and it should work ok!

Do you mean the "Options" menu?  'Cause "properties" just takes to the properties of the webpage I'm viewing at the time.  Couldn't even find out about the plug ins in IE's "help" section

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 3:17 AM

Right click on your IE7 desktop icon, select "properties" from the drop down menu, click on "programs" tab and at the bottom you should see a button marked "manage add-ons".
Click on that button and it will bring up a list of add-ons to your IE7 browser, in that list there is a heading called "pulisher". In that column you will see a list of currently installed add-ons, who they are from and whether they are "verified" or not, if they're not they "could" be causing instability issues so click on one at a time and disable it until you find the one that is prolly causing your problem!
Hope that was clear enough, I'm not good at explaining sometimes!
Let me know if you need more assistance Rose!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Rose ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 8:07 PM

Attached Link: Rose

Of course now (wouldn't you know) my online speed isn't so hot so I'll have to either wait and try it offline or wait until my speed is up to par and try it then.  But I have copied and saved your post and will let you know how it turns out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.