Sun, Oct 6, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Face room work falls apart when applied to figure.

jackhalsey ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 9:28 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:20 AM

file_368008.jpg

I have have a face the exact way I want it in the face room but when I export the texture only or apply to figure well it just sucks.  I have attached screen shot and notice white dotted areas under eyes..it just looks horrible applied to figure.

Please advise.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 04 February 2007 at 10:58 PM

Wow, it's true, horrible... :)
It seems another text comes instead of head one... Wich is it???

My Store

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 2:54 AM

Hi jack!
what happened? lol you wanted to add a beard what texture did you import? send me a link or did you do it through the material room?

Anthony!

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 12:04 PM

file_368050.jpg

I realized (it was late at night) that it might help to show original figure in face room.  I would like to export the head to look EXACTLY like you see on the screen shot on the face room.  Any advice?ing

I tried adding beard in face room and it only had two settings..

1.  Nothing  or

2.  Figure becomes distorted.

I must be doing something wrong.

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 12:21 PM

file_368052.jpg

..and while we are on the subject I have photos in a wrestling mask that I cannot even come close to making look good..I either distort the mask or the nose.  Any advice on this?

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 12:21 PM

Hi jack!
has that person got a mask on? if so then you need a photo without the best send the photos have to the site and let me try 

Anthony

TOPcat831 ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 12:24 PM

White dots could be from the eyelash texture. maybe if you tweak that material setting they will dissappear

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 12:30 PM

file_368054.jpg

this is done with poser 7

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 12:31 PM · edited Mon, 05 February 2007 at 12:37 PM

file_368055.jpg

and here is the photo i used It depends on how good are the photos you have taken and weather it was done with a digtal camera, webcam or just pulled off the net! the better the photos the more likely the face room will quickly line up the dots around the face and it should not take you that long to make the face!

Anthony

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 1:03 PM

file_368058.jpg

here is one of rey misterio its not very good

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 1:51 PM

Here are the mask pictures

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 2:00 PM

file_368067.jpg

Okay it wouldnt take the mask pics in the original digital form so I had to screen shot capture them so here they are

Here is side shot

file_368068.jpg

Here is side shot

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 2:05 PM

file_368069.jpg

try again

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 2:08 PM

file_368071.jpg

another from front clean

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 2:56 PM

file_368075.jpg

this is the best i can do!

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 3:22 PM

thats better than me but how do I clean up the eyelids?  Thank you.  What figure did you apply this to?

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 3:22 PM

Or could we makeup a mask and just place it on him?

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 3:30 PM · edited Mon, 05 February 2007 at 3:43 PM

the figure was james hi res go into the material room object james  material face room skin that about it look around in there until you know what you want to do. you can make your own texture you need paint shop to do it but i am not gonna tell you how to do that or i will be here all night. search files james body it looks like this

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 4:51 PM · edited Mon, 05 February 2007 at 4:52 PM

file_368091.jpg

this is done with  Don from poser 5 and  photoshop poser 6 i made my own suit it's not very good but thats life lol

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 6:22 PM

I just went to the library and clicked on Poser 6 James hi res figure and then went to the face room and did the face and exported it to the figure.  Hope that was the right series of moves.

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 6:54 PM

yeah sounds right if you want to add your own suit then do it in photoshop locat jame's body and color it to the way you want it after you have finished, click save as file name and jpeg make sure you don't have it as james's body or you will over right the poser one. then close the file go to into poser material room. click on sample in diffuse click brown in that box select the suit you made click ok i always save my stuff to the desktop cos it quicker. then click ok you will see your suit in the deffuse now click ok go back to the poser room and render it and hopefally you should se your suit on him lol

Anthony

jackhalsey ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 7:25 PM

Thank you.  One more question..you may have noticed the wrestling mask does NOT have ears..how do I get rid of the ears in the poser mask figure?

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 7:35 PM

Acidman, you'll have to remove the post of the James body texture. It's copyrighted material.

acidman ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 9:02 PM · edited Mon, 05 February 2007 at 9:09 PM

not me i aint removing anything! it took me to long to write that! i use that body all the time i brought the software so it's mine and i can tell people how to use it, if  they (poser) did not want ppl to use the full package they would not have put it with the software! if renderosity want to remove it they can! dee if you want you can report it

jack i don't know the anwer to that sorry!

Anthony

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 05 February 2007 at 9:16 PM

You don't have to delete the entire post, just delete the picture. It's copyrighted material and if you read your license agreement it says it cannot be distributed. By posting it on the forum you are distributing it illegally.

I will report it to Rendo if you want me to,  but I'm just trying to tell you that by posting the image you are breaking your license agreement. Just remove the pic (or if you don't know how I will ask one of the mods to just remove the pic).

KarenJ ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 4:02 AM

James body texture removed...

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

acidman ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 5:13 AM

okay cutie lol

jack i forgot try double click on the ear and make them invisable see if that works if not then i have no idear! if you want to learn more then you should buy a trainniing cd or practcal poser 6 or 7 if you have the 7 book

anthony!

jackhalsey ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 1:13 PM

Acid

I have the books and CDs and when I cannot find the answers I post here were more knowledgeable people such as yourself can assist me.  Thank you.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 1:29 PM · edited Tue, 06 February 2007 at 1:30 PM

You can't make the ear invisible because it's not a separate body part, and if you use a transparency map it will leave a hole in the head.

You might want to ask around to see if there might be a "no ears" morph for James' head somewhere. I am not aware of one, but that is what you would have to do.

acidman ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 3:14 PM

okay

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.