Mon, Sep 23, 9:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:44 pm)

Subject: Poser 5..still around

akj829 ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 12:24 PM · edited Mon, 19 August 2024 at 1:53 AM

I remember that Curious Labs (or Daz) was giving away free versions of Poser 5 for a while and I remember how I liked that version the best. Does anyone know if there is still somewhere to download a copy of it? I have the free version of Daz studio but don't like the animating inteface-doesn't work as well as Poser. So I was wanting to incorporate the Daz characters into Poser. Do the characters like the Emotiguy work well in Poser?
Thanks for any info you can provide.

Dizzi ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 12:33 PM

Poser 5 isn't available as free download anymore and no longer sold either. Poser 6 and up are better in most regards anyway.

witchiebunny ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 2:01 PM

Agreed.

I got the Poser 5 free download and while it is better than what I was working with (Poser 4), I still am counting the days until I can buy myself a copy of Poser 6.
Poser 5 seems to have some...quirks.

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 2:43 PM

Poser 5 is available at some software disposal sites for around $50. Try a google search , quantities were limited.

Otherwise amazon.com has some good pricing on Poser 7.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 3:08 PM

Poser 5 is also still available on eBay.  I'm still using it and haven't noticed any quirks ... yet.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 10:44 PM

They all have quirks, in my opinion.  Each version fixes some, and introduces others.

Although that's true of most software ....

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2007 at 7:18 AM

Upgrading to Poser 6 from Poser 5 was a big improvement in stability, and it adds some useful functions. I'm not inclined to rush to P7, but get a couple of Service Releases and an up-to-date computer and it will be tempting. But the preview mode introduced in P6 does need good OpenGL support. And you have to get the drivers from the graphics card manufacturer, even with WinXP. The drivers available through Windows Update were badly out-of-date.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2007 at 8:17 PM

OpenGL does look a lot nicer in P7, with a decent card.  I now have a Geforce 7300GT (not exactly top-of-the-line), but can view the document window with full hardware shading and the enhanced multilayer transparency options, which were too slow for my older Geforce 5700LE.  And you can control the resampling size of the preview textures.  Mine are set to four times larger than those in P6.  The level of detail is gratifying.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.