Wed, Oct 2, 11:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Looking for Jewish Prayer articles.

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 1:48 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 11:30 PM

Shalom;
I'm looking for Jewish Prayer articles.  I could possible assemble a reasonable facsimile of what I’m looking for, but before I go to any of that trouble, I’d like to know if any of it might be already extent.

I need the two following articles.

1. A Tallit (A Jewish Prayer Shawl).
  2. Teffilin (Jewish Prayer Phylacteries).

Any help and suggestions will be welcome.  Using Geep’s method, I could probably do something myself, but if someone has already preceded me, it’d be nice to know.

Aleichem Ha-Shalom,
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 1:51 PM · edited Wed, 07 February 2007 at 1:53 PM
Site Admin

Attached Link: Prayer Shawl set

Here you go:

There used to be a guy named Talmudben, a messianic Jew, who made a bunch of Jewish-related freebies, including a prayer shawl, a phylactery, a Torah, etc, but he seems to be gone as is his freestuff.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 2:03 PM

dphoadley @ wheatpenny
Thank you wheatpenny, I appreciate your efforts on my behalf.
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

drifterlee ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 11:32 PM

Daz also has a free Menorah in their free archive.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 1:06 AM · edited Thu, 08 February 2007 at 1:09 AM

I spent some time looking for the tefillin used in the 3d image on wikipedia but I couldn't find anything, it's a bit annoying.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tefillin
That's clearly a 3d model.

I bet you could model one rather simply with dynamic cloth and a choreographed group.  Basically constrain the box end of the shel yad, and choreograph the other end to wind around the arm, with fine bits done by morphing tool (assuming you have P7).  I'm sure there are other ways too, that's just the simplest way I can think of to get something like what you want.

edit:  well. come to think of it, that's not really all that simple.  if you're even passingly familiar with a modeling application it's probably easier to model it from that side and import to poser.

My Freebies

kawecki ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 3:39 AM

I have a candeladrum for 9 candles (don't know its name).

Stupidity also evolves!

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 5:17 PM

Quote - I have a candeladrum for 9 candles (don't know its name).

Hanukia, for Hanukah.  Do you know where I could get one too?
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 5:28 PM
Site Admin

David, that person with the prayer shawl in the market has a menorah too I think.
Dunno if it's a hanukah one tho.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 6:18 PM

Seeing we are on this topic, I am wondering if anyone has created a yamulka (sp?) i.e. skull cap in Poser ?

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 10:42 PM

Quote -
Seeing we are on this topic, I am wondering if anyone has created a yamulka (sp?) i.e. skull cap in Poser ?

If you look closely at my gallery render 'How Goodly...,' you'll see that the Hasisdic Rabbi is wearing a Kippa* under his Striemal.  For this, I just used a Dome primitive that I downloaded from Gerald Day: www.fast3d.co.uk

*(Yarmulka.  Kippa is Hebrew, whereas Yarmulka is Yiddish)

Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 11:12 PM

OK, thanks David. I'll look into that.

kawecki ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2007 at 12:38 AM

Stupidity also evolves!

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2007 at 12:51 AM

dphoadley @ kawecki
Thank you, it is much appreciated.
Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.