Sat, Oct 5, 12:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:51 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: February Writing Challenge - Love!

midrael ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 9:25 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:19 AM

While the holiday may be one of the more commercial ones that exist, the thought and meaning behind Valentine's Day has been a driving force for humanity since the dawn of time.
So, while it is probably the most expected challenge theme for February, I think this theme deserves its time in the lime light.

**February Challenge Theme - Love

**You can write either a short story or poem, the type and formatting of your writing is up to you. Just make sure to keep it clean! ;)

David L.
Writer's Forum Moderator

Rose ( ) posted Sat, 03 February 2007 at 11:06 PM

Attached Link: Rose

Now this sounds very interesting to me and I think I will give it a try (like I don't have enough to do!)

Rose ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 5:19 PM

Attached Link: Rose

> Quote - While the holiday may be one of the more commercial ones that exist, the thought and meaning behind Valentine's Day has been a driving force for humanity since the dawn of time. > So, while it is probably the most expected challenge theme for February, I think this theme deserves its time in the lime light. > > **February Challenge Theme - Love > > **You can write either a short story or poem, the type and formatting of your writing is up to you. Just make sure to keep it clean! ;) > > David L. > Writer's Forum Moderator

OK, Here is my submission:

A Valentine's Day Love Spell

Since this is the day
that is set aside for love
let me take this day
and expand upon it thereof
Let love of life and love of love
stretch far beyond the heavens above
Let my love flow from inside and out
and let this love flow freely
and as this love swirls freely about
let there be no room for hesitation
and let there be no room for doubt
For this love that I so freely cast out
It is what I want in return and what I can't live without.

midrael ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 8:33 AM

Thanks for the submitting your poem to the challenge, Rose! It was a joy reading it! I think no emotion can evoke thoughts and words so strongly as love.

I look forward to reading any other submissions from our lurking writers. =)

David L.

jstro ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 8:39 PM

Attached Link: The Things You Do for Love

I finally got a new computer, so I have started writing again. I've been sort of out of action since late November, so I'm a bit rusty. But I'm always up for a challenge. I wrote a short piece, The Things You Do for Love, and posted it on my Blog.

Man, it's good to be back.

~jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Tue, 27 February 2007 at 7:07 PM

This is a work in progress, I hope to have a collage to go with it out front.

When I was young, I looked at those I loved 
and knew, I would kill for them.
When I had children, I looked at those I loved
and knew, I would die for them
Now I am older, I look at the grand child I love
and know, I will live for her

HIS ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 2:10 AM · edited Wed, 28 February 2007 at 2:17 AM

Feel the heart’s pulse.

Swaying un-familiarity

Tongue in cheek we look away.

Temping finger tips, sweet to the touch

Lavish language, lustful thoughts

Push, and pull, rotating perspective

Barren innocents, not to be betrayed

Hasten the spinning skies, Lay me down.

Time eludes all, un-expected pleasure seeping in.

Inner restlessness –hiding by corners of our mouths,

They correspond un-announced.

-------writting by : erin lynne ------this is my   submission  - title: "see what you do to me! "

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.