Mon, Sep 16, 10:48 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: The Apparition

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 1999 at 11:56 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 7:32 AM

Attached Link: Bloodsong's Gallery

heyas; finally, here it is. casket by -3- (where is -3-, anyway?), and wedding dress by dd (its by dd, right? i cant remember, ack!) oh, and long flowing fantasy hair by jeffh. im pretty happy with it the way it is (this is version 2); but still have the layered file for any last minute touch ups it might need. ;)

fauve ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 1999 at 12:26 PM

Wow! Great mise-en-scene... very moody and sad. You did a great job making all the pallbearers into individuals (and very good portrayal of grief with the first man's body language.) Love the background,too. Very nice work! -Nemo

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 1999 at 2:32 PM

superb work Bloodsong......Steve

CybOrSpasm ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 1999 at 3:47 PM

Well done, obviously a lot of work went into it. I would however tone down the title and signature a bit. because the mood of the picture is so dark, all the bright white at the bottom draws your attention away from the scene. that's my opinion at least. };]

bloodsong ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 1999 at 5:00 PM

heyas; thanks guys. i wish i could've had some blowing leaves in there or something to indicate the wind a bit more. gee, cybor... that might be tough to do, bud. ;D it was darker, but i thought it was getting too dark. maybe i will try the other extreme and make it very, VERY ghostly. thanks! in a few days, this pic will be on my gallery, so if you want to read more details on how i built it.... go there! :)

LilWolff ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 1999 at 8:14 PM

Bloodsong it is positively wonderful! smiles

Lorraine ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 1999 at 8:22 PM

Very nice! I really like the way that the figures tell the story..... Lorraine

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 1999 at 9:05 PM

Very good Bloodsong. The feeling I'm sure you want to portray is immediately conveyed when looking at the image. I like the treelimbs in the forefront also-gives one a feeling of being 'in' the image. The picture is dark and moody and the apparition has this 'unearthly' glow to it-lighter/brighter-def. not the 'grounded' feeling of the casket bearers with the heaviness of grief. Diane

coldrake ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 1999 at 10:20 PM

Truly outstanding image Bloodsong, beautifully done. Coldrake

gsalas ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 2:46 AM

Incredible image, you realy got the ghosly look on the nose. -Gabe-

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 8:43 AM

LOVE THE TUX on the first dude...morbid I know but he's so James Bondish! Way cool....ghost lady gives me the heebee jeebees and so does the munchkin hanging in the tree in the far background...very eerie... PAN~

RadArt ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 10:30 AM

What a beautifully, well done picture!! Very impressive. I'd really like to know how you did the transparacy thing, to make her look ghostly?? You do nice work. Keep on posing. Radart.

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 1999 at 1:05 PM

heya... WHAT munchkin???! :) radart: as promised, the picture is now at my gallery, in the illustration wing, and it tells you how i did the transparency effect. im glad you all like it, even if it is depressing. :)

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 1999 at 7:57 AM

The tree on the side...the one with the branches...a lil to the front but off to the back...right there you can see the munchkin...swinging...hanging...apparently hung by a chord of some sort.....very eerie...perhaps he is distraught by the loss of the woman? Or perhaps it's a hidden subliminal image in your art? Only you know the truth.....Mu-hahahahaha PAN~

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 1999 at 5:17 PM

hmmm.... i see a smudge, behind the coffin. is that it? (have you discussed this with your therapist? :) ) (also, if you tried to find the page on my gallery after i said it was up, and it wasnt there... it is now. its not my fault! delphi done it....)

CEBrown ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 1999 at 6:50 PM

Excellent. I wish I'd thought of it. And that I could afford P4...

LilWolff ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 1999 at 8:26 PM

After munchkin searching I think I see it. It bothers me when I miss something. g Almost looks like the lilone is hanging in some kind of pouch. To the left side in the tree branches, by the last man, right before his blonde hair. Actually it is the tree branches and the coffin that form this illusion. But of course I might need more than physical therapy. grins Munchkin or not Bloodsong this is beautiful work! I will probably never obtain this level of perfection, I am not an artist, I do renderings, but this sure gives me something to reach for. Thank you for sharing.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 1999 at 9:01 AM

i think youre all nuts. :) i dunno about anything near the blonde guy, but straight up from the balding middle guy is a lone branch with a smudge on it that pan might'a been talking about. if i'd'a known you were gonna go looking for weird things in the background, id've gotten my eye-shaped photoshop brush and airbrushed in some eyes for you to find... :)

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 1999 at 10:28 AM

Hahaha..this place is ALWAYS good for a laugh!~ Yes I think you all SEE it now...so I'm not alone. Perhaps I can interest you all in the Emperors new clothes? They are very well made...custom fit.... PAN~

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 1999 at 1:20 PM

thats good, pan... start some mass hallucination. :) i was gonna thwack you soundly, but the little reply thing here doesn't have a 'violence' warning. ;)

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 04 September 1999 at 1:42 PM

grins changing name to most gulliable-wolff. But I really did see it. chuckle

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 1999 at 7:51 PM

heyas; pan!!! i take back every bad thing i said about ya. you reminded me i DID want to put some more figures in the background, and now i have. well, you cant see it here, but go to the gallery for the final version. (its subtle.)

PANdaRUS ( ) posted Tue, 07 September 1999 at 7:49 AM

Cool! I guess to be honest I sorta MADE myself see the munchkin hahahaha...I wanted to SOOO believe...anyhow if the end result was another version of a good image being created then MY job is done! It's good to know you've done more! (on my way to the gallery hoping there REALLY is a new image..haha) PAN~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.