Mon, Oct 21, 9:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: New free model (prop)

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 5:52 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 9:13 PM

A free, unusual helmet as a (untextured) base model. Just position and scale to have it fit on allmost any Poser character.

The commercial version will be made as a character with morphable/movable head, wings and tail.

Download from here.

Free helmet

nickedshield ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 9:24 AM

Very cool, Thanks!

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 9:32 AM

You are welcome :)

freyfaxi ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 2:01 PM

Most unusual. Boy,I'd hate to be out in a high wind wearing this :)

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 2:54 PM

Thanks for this, very interesting headgear. I like your site too, but I can't seem to d/l the fantasy costume. I keep getting an internal server error msg.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 3:03 PM

Sorry, can't verify this.

Just downloaded the  fantasy costume without problems.

Go on, give it another try :)

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 3:18 PM

Had to turn my firewall off and switch to Firefox for that one. Thanks for checking though :)

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 3:27 PM

Just placed an order at your store too, quick and easy process. Thanks =)

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2007 at 4:15 PM

You are very welcome - and  thank you!

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 1:03 AM

BTW, sent you a PM here.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 9:33 AM

Cool helmet! Perfect for a Chaos Warrior or Chaos Mage. If you can complement this with matching armor/cape/weapons, you'll have a fantastic set which will probably do great in the marketplace.
Excellent work!

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 3:20 PM

Thank you so much!  :biggrin:

Jadelu ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 4:47 PM

Very interesting and original item, thanks a lot :)

adp001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 6:20 PM

This is where I'am with it yet. Not sure if I should go ahead with this design.

Any hints?

wip

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 6:23 PM

Oh yes, I like that! Wonderful evil mage.  Maybe some spikes on the shoulder pads?

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 6:30 PM

Hmm. Thinking, thinking....
You might want to go on with the "wing" theme for the shoulders and cape.
Maybe the buckles that connect the cape to the chest piece could also take the form of a gargoyle head? Or maybe make the abdomen piece a larger, flattened version of the head, the pointy ears moving up and out, covering her breasts? Anyway, I think that spooky gargoyle head should come back on the body armor. I love it!

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 6:44 PM

Unusual is a good word for the hat :)  Very cool and unique!

My Freebies

adp001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 6:49 PM

Thanks, svdl.

Oh yes, gargoyles WILL come back - but I'm really not sure where. And surely not the same. By the way: I see the abdomen plate as a light fabric.

There will come more decoration on the outfit, but at the moment I'm searching for an overall design.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 7:01 PM

Not exactly something I'd wear out to the Mall to go shopping in but thanks!

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 7:21 PM

If you're planning to do arm and leg armor, I think the gargoyle head would look terrific on elbow guards or knee guards. 
The "winged" theme seems to call for upward sweeping lines. The "V" of the decolletage fits that theme IMO, but the lines of the breast coverings somehow feel "off". Don't have a suggestion for something better at this time, sorry.
I'd suggest keeping the high collar of the cape. Deliciously evil. 
The horizontal cutoff of the abdomen fabric - it interrupts those sweeping lines. Maybe gathering the fabric at a central ring, letting it flow away to the sides (and up over her breasts maybe) could be an idea?
I'd guess a long skirts with splits up to the hip, or maybe a long loincloth, would be a good complement to the outfit. 

By the way, I think that helmet would go just GREAT with the Abyssal Queen outfit from DAZ. Gotta try it one of these days, when I have time...

adp001 ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2007 at 9:42 PM

Thanks for your sugestions, svdl. I'll think over it. Very usefull. But first I have to go to have a sleep.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 4:17 AM

That is a extremely huge crown.

I love anything that is extreme.

How ever all humans do not.

I would consider making 2 crowns another smaller crown just copy paste scale could not hurt sells.

Balance, If your going to make the crown huge,One would think to balance the armor and make it huge also.very large shoulder pads and all.

Good luck

RorrKonn
http://www.atomic-3d.com

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

kemosonic ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2007 at 5:15 PM

teşekkürler.harika gerçekten

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2007 at 9:54 AM

Worked on some details and UV-mapping.
Here is how it looks so far.

Now I'm going to make a Poser prop from the second gargoyle (arm). Downloadlink comes as soon as I'm ready (shouldn't last that long).
WIP

WIP

By the way: This helmet isn't exactly the same model as I offered for download.

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2007 at 10:51 AM

The gargoyle is ready for download. Made as a prop for V4.
Just scale and position needed to make it fit on other figures (who's willing to make some pose file for other figures?)
Untextured, but UV-maped for good reflections. Here is how it can look:

Gargoyle for V4

Download from here

StevieG1965 ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2007 at 11:22 AM

Ok, that's the freakiest helmet I've ever seen!  How awesome looking!  I love it, and the outfit your making as well!

:rolleyes: So....when do we get a chance to add this to our runtimes?

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2007 at 12:11 PM

Wow. Aweseome!

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2007 at 3:53 PM

2/14/07

Thanks!

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 11:27 AM

Another preview.  What should I do to make here less "naked" (without loosing the "sexy look")?

The gloves/armor (V4) should be ready tomorrow for download. If morphs are required it may last a bit longer.

Anybody out there interested to help making the whole thing Poser ready (experience required)?
Or to fiddle with the textures (you should know how to handle an UV map)?

WIP
(click picture to enlarge)

WIP
(click picture to enlarge)

adp001 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2007 at 2:39 PM

Hey! I'm fast :) Armor / gloves are ready for download.

ADP-FreeArmorGloves.zip
(for V4)

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 1:06 AM

This really looks great, what's next? As for the "less naked but still sexy" thing, that center strip on her butt could be widened and join the two (on either side) at a lower point. Still showing some cheek - but less might be sexier. ;)

PilotHigh ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 9:12 PM

Wow. Thank you so much!

adp001 ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 9:42 PM

Today I worked a bit on the "skirt" :) It's to late to make it Poser ready, but tomorrow the skirt will be ready for download.

Because nobody seems to be interested to help with this, it will last longer until you can download this (yes, the whole scene will stay free).

In the meantime I modeled a throne for her to have a place to rest :) Not textured yet.
As usual: If you are interested to make it ready for Poser, feel free to ask.

WIP
(Click image to enlarge)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2007 at 12:29 AM

That is an outstanding outfit! Bookmarked your site so I can browse real soon. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2007 at 3:49 AM

Thanks!!!  :)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2007 at 1:39 PM

Looks stunning.

I'll be stopping through to see this.

Thank you.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

RedtailHawk ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 2:45 PM

Wish I had the knowlege to help you adp001... great work so far!! Thank you for taking the time to make this free!

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 1:57 AM

Skirt is ready to be used in Poser. Thought to be used as dynamic cloth. But for simple poses you may use the included morphs.

Skirt

Download from here

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 24 February 2007 at 1:19 PM

After a little delay, I worked out some other parts of the outfit. Here is a modified skirt, a pair of swords fitting the skirt and a pair of boots. All clothparts are made to be used as dynamic cloth. Should work out of the box, more or less.

Click on the following image to see a larger image with Poser materials and dynamic pose.

Preview

** Click here to download**

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 24 February 2007 at 2:01 PM

Stunning outfit and excellent work. thank you! :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

adp001 ( ) posted Sat, 24 February 2007 at 6:17 PM

Missed to include the textures into the last package. Sorry.

Fixed and updated. Please download again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.