Fri, Oct 4, 4:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: JessiG2 is here

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 7:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/WW_update.htm

Wardrobe Wizard support files for JessiG2 are now available on the update page.

Freebie :)

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 8:15 PM

Thank you Phil :) It's a very generous offer. 

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 9:50 PM

"Why can't you make her a TRULY NEW CHARACTER ??"

@mathman:
There already is a "new" MIKI around: It's Sydney.

They are the same mesh, just a bit morphed and regrouped.

Oh, and remapped.

And the vertex order changed.

So you have to buy new textures and morphs.

**🆒

(Although if you know how you can still use all all MIKI head morphs for Sydney, including her defaut head shape)
**:tongue2:

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 10:02 PM · edited Fri, 16 February 2007 at 10:03 PM

"DAZ create a COMPLETELY NEW AND  UNIQUE CHARACTER for each invocation of Victoria, Michael and Stephanie. Why can't eFrontier/CP do the same ???"

DAZ characters cost extra, EF characters come free with the program.
So you get what you pay for.

But frankly, V4 is good, but definitely not as good as she could have been, and the G2 series is a lot better than I had expected.

But not remapping Jessi G2's head so she could use Sydney's maps is a serious flaw IMO.
Actually EF could have easily kept MIKI's mapping as a standard for all the G2 females, so that the new girls had some instant support right from the start.

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 11:49 PM

JoePublic, if Sydney is the new Miki, does she share textures, morphs or clothes ? .... if not, then she is not the new Miki.

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 16 February 2007 at 11:54 PM · edited Fri, 16 February 2007 at 11:55 PM

.... and besides, I still don't get why they create new characters that look identical to their respective predecessors and at the same time totally incompatible. Doesn't make sense -- I mean, what's the point ??

It's also worth noting that Jessi G2 is the exception to this rule.

JoePublic ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 12:43 AM

"...if Sydney is the new Miki, does she share textures, morphs or clothes ? .... if not, then she is not the new Miki."

I'm sorry that you don't understand my point.

The regrouping of the G2 body made of course all MIKI bodymorphs useless, but IF eFrontier had wanted to do so, Sydney could have used all previously released MIKI characterpacks, i.e. all headmorphs and all textures, too.

Same with Jessi G2. She is Jessi's head frankensteined on Sydney's body.
EF didn't bother to remap Jessi's head to Sydney's specs as they could/ should have done, so all Jessi G2 can do now is wear Sydney's clothes.

The promised G2 texture swapping is now practically useless, unless merchants start to include head textures for BOTH Sydney and Jessi G2 with every character set they offer.
(Which I strongly doubt as it will almost double the work)

Now with MIKI 2 this get's even funnier.
Instead of just morphing Sydney's head back to it's original MIKI shape so we have an instant MIKI G2, they plan to rework the original MIKI in just another way.
But again from what I've read they will make sure that nothing will be compatible with original MIKI.

Or any other "new" eFrontier girl.

If you don't find that highly amusing, I can't help you, sorry.
:rolleyes:

But as I said, Sydney/Jessi G2 are free with the programm, and MIKI 2 will be free for original MIKI owners, so there's no REAL reason to complain.

It's just a shame that another good opportunity to create a real versaitle line of meshes has been wasted.
👎

Hmm, I really wonder what they have planned for Olivia.

🆒

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 2:55 AM

People obviously don't remember the big fuss around V3 when she came out & how certain people claimed (can't remember if it was proved) that she was the exact same mesh as V2 just remapped & jiggled about a bit.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 4:07 AM

Lucifer, I think I was only starting to get involved with Poser when V3 came on the scene, so I don't remember much about that hullabaloo. They (V3 and V2) are clearly quite different in appearance.

The whole G2 compatibility or non-compatibility thing really has me confused, though. For example, they all have a separate mesh (correct ??), but I've just found that Simon takes James 2 head morphs - and I tested it and sure enough it works. But the three G2 men that came out together (i.e. James, Koji, Kelvin) don't share head morphs, even though they have the same body. Huhhh ????

Would be nice if someone (say from eFrontier) could issue a definitive statement outlining what is compatible between characters (both G1 and G2) and what is not (in terms of morphs, textures and wearing clothing).

Farside ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 5:16 AM

Let me see if I've got this all right...

There is one G2 Male body that all 4 males share.  There are 3 different heads, due to Simon's head being a morphed James G2 head.  
This means that their bodies all can share the same textures (and morphs) BUT only James and Simon can share the same head textures (and morphs).  Koji and Kelvin each have unique heads that require their own separate textures (and morphs).

There is one G2 Female body (except a minor issue with the neck) shared by Sydney, JessiG2 and the upcoming OliviaG2.  This means that their bodies can share the same textures and most of the same morphs (RDNA isn't charging extra for the morph modifications and they're so slight that its basically irrelevant).  All three of the G2 women have unique heads that require their own textures and morphs.

Miki 2 is unique and NOT a G2 character.  She will have her own morphs and textures.

Despite all this I must admit I'm really beginning to like these characters and finally I think CP has got this latest release of a character right.  Lots of texture packs, lots of clothes and lots of support... all for a character I didn't have to pay for :)

bruno021 ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 8:51 AM

I was able to download with my P6 serial, but all I get is a 4k file that has no extension, and it should be a 48 megs zip.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 8:25 PM

bruno021, do you mean you downloaded the Miki file? I downloaded her and the file was way over what it was suposed to be. Wouldn't open because it was corrupted. Had to do it a second time but all is good now. Just some INet quirk or a hiccup at CP. shrug Redownload and see if it helps. On another note: I like the new G2 characters so far. And I gotta say they are easier to texture than V4 by a loooong shot! So I am doing textures for each of them in support of these great models. Already put out one freebie and these I'm doing now will be retail versions. Nearly went nuts trying to do V4 texture but finally did it...ugh.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2007 at 6:04 PM

I've finally gotten Jessi G2.

While she's a definite improvement over the original Jessi, I don't believe she's as complete and flexible a figure as V4.

Still, the more figures I have in my library, the better.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

ccotwist3D ( ) posted Sun, 18 February 2007 at 7:59 PM

I believe Sydney and Miki have similiar head geometry.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.