Mon, Oct 21, 10:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: How good is poser 7, should I buy it ?

kett ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 12:49 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:08 PM

I am using Poser 6, and Carrara5 Pro.
Poser6 is used for posing, and dynamic cloth.
Now, I am interested in Animation layers, and Morphing tools of Poser7.

How is Morphing tools?
Do they really work ?
Is the morphing tool reliable, and good enough?    
Is it as good as Zbrush?

How is animation layer ?

Is Poser 7 reliable?

Thank you.

kett ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 2:59 PM

Has anyone used the Morphing tools of Poser7 ?

How is the Morphing tools?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 3:40 PM

you should buy it, as it appears to be better than previous versions. however, as I understand it, poser 7 pz3 files don't work with c5pro.

Poppi ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 4:01 PM

Is it as good as Zbrush?

Zbrush is a whole different kettle of fish.  You can model with the zspheres, or edge tools, do morphs, displacement mapping, paint your model in it....lots of stuff.  With Poser, you can Pose and light premade figures.  Zbrush is for creating or editing....and it does render.

kett ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 1:29 PM

Thank you Miss Nancy, and Poppi,

Thank you for the information that poser 7 pz3 files don't work with c5pro.
It is important for me.

I have Zbrush.
It is nice if we can do morphing works in Poser.
I was wondering how the morphing tools are.

Jadelu ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 1:49 PM · edited Tue, 20 February 2007 at 1:51 PM

The morphing tool isn't that useful in my opinion. It's a bit difficult to control and not very precise, that was my impression of it anyway. It seems more like a gimmick than a truly useful tool.

I wouldn't get P7 for that particular tool, but it has many other improvements over P6 that makes it worthwhile to me (but I use it as my renderer too, so the way it handles texture memory was by far worth it alone). It seems a little bit more reliable than P6 as well, at least for me. I have made it crash a few times, but it's not often at all.

rkanyama ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 2:30 PM

Quote - I am using Poser 6, and Carrara5 Pro.
Poser6 is used for posing, and dynamic cloth.
Now, I am interested in Animation layers, and Morphing tools of Poser7.

How is Morphing tools?
Do they really work ?
Is the morphing tool reliable, and good enough?    
Is it as good as Zbrush?

How is animation layer ?

Is Poser 7 reliable?

Thank you.

Yes, you should by it from me. I'm selling my LEGAL copy with original disc, box, etc for $120. I'll place it on ebay for $150 soon.

Cheers,

Ron

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 3:16 PM

If someone is offering it -- then I'd recommend snatching it up quick!

SR1 will be out shortly -- but you'll need to be certain that you have a valid serial #, one registered in your name.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

rkanyama ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 3:46 PM

Quote - If someone is offering it -- then I'd recommend snatching it up quick!

SR1 will be out shortly -- but you'll need to be certain that you have a valid serial #, one registered in your name.

Yep, the serial number is on a sticker which is on the sleeve of the main install CD. It's funny because they must have been rushing. They placed the extra content disc in the sleeve that the main install disc should have been in. 

I read through the entire manual including the EULA and am aware that I need to inform e-Frontier of the transfer of license and completely delete the program from my PC. :-)

I would keep it, but my focus has shifted to Softimage, Cinema 4D and ZBrush.

Cheers,

Ron

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 3:55 PM

My attention is on Lightwave, Vue Infinite -- and on P7.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

kett ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 7:26 PM

Thank you for the offer rkanyama
However, I will just upgrade, if I need it .

I was wondering why no one talked about Morphing tools, or animation layer ?
Probably, no one has really used them ?
In my opinion, Poser has so many tools which no one really use.
Poser should have a few solid reliable tools,
not many tools !

stallion ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 7:42 PM

true the morphing tool and animation layers are new to poser so it will take time before users are comfortable with them and start showcasing their abilities but i have begun using the morphing tool and i think it will become very useful along with the face room 
but there are so many tools to learn in Poser that it will take time
you have the morphing tool 
animation layers, talk designer, cloth room, material room which were already there but few have ventured in to use them to their fullest but both are now becoming more popular which i am glad because i love dynamics new lighting features that's. quite a plate full
but give it some time and you will see thesse things start to trickle in

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

rkanyama ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 12:33 PM · edited Thu, 22 February 2007 at 12:34 PM

No worries...

I think I'll just put it away in storage for now...

Cheers

Morgano ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 6:22 PM

I think that you can open a Poser 7 file in Carrara, but , if you want to use Transposer, you can do so only by directing Transposer to a Poser 6 Poser.Exe.    Obviously, to do that, you need to retain Poser 6 on your machine.   You also need to add your Poser 7 content in a runtime to Poser 6.   I've had mixed success with that:  I have successfully imported Poser 7 scenes to Carrara via the Poser 6 executable, but I have also had failures, possibly on memory grounds that have nothing to do with the Poser release.   Carrara was never great, it should be said, at importing some Poser 5/6 materials, anyway.

Transposer seems to be a dead letter now;  it won't ever work for Poser 7 (+).   The recommendation is to use the native importer, instead, to get material from Poser 7 to Carrara.   I haven't tried that recently.   I was never too impressed with it in the past.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.