Fri, Sep 20, 7:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: New POSER?

vdallas ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 9:42 AM ยท edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 5:03 PM

Last weekend, I Web-surfed to shop for POSER 4. I found it at 2 locations (including AMAZON) for $99. Then I went online on Monday to purchase it, and it had been removed from all sites except 'Curious Labs', who was selling it for $219!?! Question: Before I spring for POSER 4 at this price, does anyone know whether Curious Labs is planning to release an upgraded version? Should I wait to puchase this type program for any other reason? (I've never used POSER before.) TIA Vince (The Procrastinator)

bjbrown ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 9:52 AM

I'm guessing that the $99.00 was not for the full Poser 4 program, but for the upgrade from Poser 3 to Poser 4

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 10:55 AM

Go to Curious Labs and download the demo to try. Also note that Poser three (which wasnt to bad in its own right) has been given away free (but I dont know where to look for that, I know it was on a CD with some magazines). If you can find that (plus the demo) you can be trying it out while watching what others do on this forum. THEN decide if you want P4... Scarab <-(but yes, it's worth the price....)

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 11:12 AM

BUY IT NOW! If you wait you may get the nasty protection scheme they are going to be implementing!

carina ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 11:38 AM

Poser 3 was on the cover disc of 3D World Magazine, issue 5. Back issues might be available at www.3dworldmag.com

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 5:24 PM

If you have purchased Poser and/or Pro Pack...and haven't gotten it illegaly, you won't have to worry about the protection scheme Curious Labs will be implementing... And, yes...the $99.00 is an upgrade price. Play with a demo, and then decide. $219.00 for full program, $149.00 for Pro Pack Add-on.

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Bug ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2001 at 5:53 PM

Did I miss something? "If you have purchased Poser and/or Pro Pack...and haven't gotten it illegaly, you won't have to worry about the protection scheme Curious Labs will be implementing" I bought a CL packaged version and I'm pretty worried about it. Oh well, we've had this discussion, if they implement it, nobody is forcing us to upgrade. I wonder how long it will take another software maker to discover there is a market for this kind of program?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.