Fri, Oct 4, 9:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: 3d text in poser

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:19 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 7:36 PM

any one know of something that can make 3d text? also logos from curves made in corel draw?

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:30 PM · edited Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:32 PM

Wct2pov can make 3d text to use in poser, available free at the link.

http://www.angel-art.de/html/tools.htm

Accutrans 3d can convert bitmaps to 3d for your corel draw stuff, convert it to a bitmap and then convert in accutrans 3d.

http://www.micromouse.ca/downloads.html

You can get a 30 day trial of accutrans and it allows saving for the 30 days.

Accutrans can also make 3d text.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=35326&

I am not familiar with Corel Draw -- I haven't used it since around version 3.  But there are several sets of text objects in the Marketplace.  Just do a search on terms like "3D text", "text", or "text objects".

Here's one.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:32 PM · edited Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:35 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=49173&Start=31&vendor=92372

Here's another.

You might also be able to find something in freestuff.

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:35 PM

thank you both! XENOPHONZ: the hebrew alphabet is a winner for me!!!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:36 PM

Yes -- pappy411 makes some great stuff !

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:38 PM

doesnt really solve my probelm though. i have tried to do a search but everything seems to lead me to bad linkgs or expensive stuff

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:54 PM

Most of the free modeling apps will do text.  Anim8tor does a
really good job.  (anim8tor.com)

If you can find Amapi 6.1 in free form, it also has a good text-maker.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 12:55 PM

ah thank you. i dont really want to innstall lots of differnt things on my pc. thats why i asked the question here.

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 1:03 PM

Another free option is Elefont

http://www.armanisoft.ch/webdesign/elefont/Elefont.html

It's a very small program, does nothing but make text.  Its
letters are the "cleanest" of all, in my opinion....

Disadvantage: it puts out DXF files, which need to be
converted to OBJ before using in Poser.  (Poser supposedly
takes DXF, but it doesn't like the Elefont output.)

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 1:06 PM

i was hoping that something could make 3d objects of the logos i have made in corel draw. anyway. thanks for the answers all ypu people. im off to get a beer. or maybe 5? isnt it strange that a program form ARMANIsoft is free???

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 1:09 PM

If you'll send me the images, I can use Amapi to turn them into Poser-usable
props for you.  It's quick and easy, provided they're not 'tangled' shapes....

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 1:13 PM

ahem.... tangled shapes? they're 2d logos. like fonts but with a special design. Like i have made a special S-logo because my real name is the Norwegian Snorre. (wich means wild one(HAHA)) but i could try  to mend them to you when i have retrieved them from my old pc. phew! 

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 1:28 PM

Sure. 

Send by site-mail, and I'll either convert them, or tell you
why they won't work!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 1:29 PM
Site Admin

Wings3d (free) has a text feature. You can use any of the fonts installed on your computer to make the text then export it and import into Poser.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

dyret ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 4:01 PM

ok. had a few beers now. going to bed. thanks for all the input. ockham.... i'll sort out my old worn pc an find the files i need. really trying to find a walk for the poser cat too. had it on that pc. ill get back to you. thanx again

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2007 at 7:12 PM · edited Wed, 21 February 2007 at 7:14 PM

Elefont is a free utility  that will allow you to import any font, write text, and then export the combination as a .DXF object!  It even has a 3D GUI, and export options.

I love answering this question!

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 7:19 AM

have used both Elefont and Wings. Wings will do any font you want, providing you know the name, and the path of the ttf file (it's how I did the symbols on my stargate), but they come in a little blocky. Usually a smooth will take care of that. Save it as an object, and import into Poser (come to think of it, you might not have to smooth it for Poser, since Poser smooths everything..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.