Thu, Sep 19, 5:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Slave Britain

Onslow ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 12:46 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:29 PM

Attached Link: Slave Britain

New photographic exhibition in London.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Dianthus ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 1:00 AM

Great idea but not sure about the photos.
Chris

Radlafx ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 1:06 AM

TFTL (thanks for the link). Now let me go check it out. Lets hope for a slave free britain.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

ejn ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 4:07 AM

I checked out the link and quite frankly I think the content should have been put in a different perspective.

It isn't the decent people of Britain that are involved in this sort of thing.

Its is people of their own kind exploiting them and frankly after the way many people come to Britain and are given free housing,benefits and medical help to say the least it is about time fingers were pointed in the right direction.

Yes I am annoyed

danob ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 4:40 AM · edited Thu, 22 February 2007 at 7:25 AM

Yeah a very emotive topic and far too easy to jump on the bandwagon and blame religions and just about every nation cant be too proud of it history in this regard...  The Sex slave industry appears to stem from organised crime...  The usual blights on humanity of greed and suppresion wont go away overnight..... I  am afraid like saving the planet there are far too many involved in making money for themselves.... For example I wonder how much of the money that is made by the entry fee to St Pauls will find its way into doing away with the disgusting practices of the modern day slave market!

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

TomDart ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 7:08 AM

Unfortunately, this happens in the "dark side" of many countries, some being worse than others in  active control enforcement.   As long as some will pay... sad.

swift_wraith ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 1:30 PM

from the site :

"The exhibition runs from 21 February to 29 March 2007. It is open from 8.30am – 4pm and although the exhibition itself is free there is an entry charge of £9.50 to the Cathedral – concessions £8.50"

so how does that make the exhibition free? Theres an admission charge, albeit to the cathedral, but as the exhibition is within the cathedral it cannot state that its free. If you turn up and say "im just here for the exhibition" and they let you in, then fair enough but somehow I can't see that happening.

Radlafx ( ) posted Sun, 25 February 2007 at 7:42 PM

You know there's a pun to the word "Exhibition". I hope thats NOT what they mean though.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

thundering1 ( ) posted Sun, 25 February 2007 at 10:40 PM

So there's a "cover charge" to get into the Cathedral?

I agree with ejn and TomDart - traffickers are not your everyday sort of common society. This happens all over the world - as long as people pay for it...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.