Tue, Sep 24, 5:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:07 am)

Subject: Miki

Draco1960 ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 4:59 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 5:23 AM

Well, eFrontiers has new/improved characters...DAZ has it's new G2 line....But I really like Miki.
Even though she's not very "bendy"...Anyone know if there's gonna be a new/improved version of her?...By the way, everything in the stores say "New and Improved" on it...Does this mean that weve been using "Old and crappy" stuff in the past???

Morgano ( ) posted Wed, 28 February 2007 at 6:31 PM

I think that there is supposed to be an enhanced version of Miki in the offing.   Coincidentally, there was an item today in the newspaper I read, criticizing the phrase, "new and improved".   If it's "improved", then it obviously can't be new.   Likewise, if it is new, it can't also be "improved".

I don't really know why 3D-designers insist on clinging to these names.   OK:  Victoria and Aiko haven't done DAZ any harm and, similarly, E-frontier won't be in a hurry to ditch Miki, but why call the new G2 female Jessi?   She doesn't look anything like the Poser 6 Jessi (thankfully) and I imagine the Poser 6 Jessi got her name only in order to allow people to snigger (pretty briefly, I suspect) over "Jessi/James".

radstorm ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 1:45 AM

I was just at e-frontier, and they announced they were retiring miki ce as of february 28..I don't know if that just means that certain firgure pack, or the model

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 3:56 AM

I think there may be something happening to Miki

Eternal Hobbyist

radstorm ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 4:18 AM

Would be nice if they keep her..one of the best looking female models they ever made :)

vince3 ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 4:35 AM

i really love Miki!! and have been working on quite a few characters for her, but i have not seen a lot of people using her, so am waiting to see miki2. The only problem i have noticed with miki is her wrist are just wrong, not sure if re-rigging her will fix that or not, but she also has a line (not a crease) running across her chest, that no matter how much you try, you can't get rid of it! morphing don't work, and hi-res textures didn't work (made a few of them  for her too) but that is fixable with postwork, the wrists aren't, but i hope they fix her as she would be my favourite figure i think.

As for calling the G2 figure jessie, if you look at it this way, by doing that you got her for free, if they had named her something else it could easily of been a purchase item! i just hope they do miki2 for free if you got miki before aswell. 'cause i want, i want, i WANT!!!!!!!

efstarlet ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 2:11 PM

Hi!

Yes, there is a Miki 2.0 in the works and she will be much more bendy.  She will not be G2 compatible due to her small stature, but as she is a favorite to many, we will certainly be continuing support for her.  When she is released, Miki 2.0 will be free for a limited time to anyone who purchased Miki 1.0.  Miki Collector's Edition Figure Pack is now retired.

Tori
CP/EF

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.