Tue, Oct 22, 8:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 7:36 am)

Subject: New V4 freebies - which one should I do first?

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:26 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 8:27 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Hello all,

I'm working on some new freebies for V4. Now which one should I do first?

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:27 PM

file_370435.jpg

The fantasy warrior outfit?

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:27 PM · edited Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:27 PM

file_370436.jpg

Or this admittedly outrageous evening dress?

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:31 PM

The warrior outfit will be conforming, with a dynamic cape and loincloth. Probably I'll make it a multipiece set.
Suggestions as to what items should go in the set are more than welcome. For now, I'm planning on a plate metal top which can go under the shoulder straps, a set of thigh plates, shin guards and bracers, a dynamic cape that can be attached to the shoulder pads, and a sword + scabbard + swordbelt.

The evening dress will be fully dynamic.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:46 PM

my vote would be for the athenian gown.

Fazzel ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:48 PM

I like the dress.  A girl can never have too many dresses.

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:55 PM

I think the warrior outfit is great, because rookie modellers can't go that route and will definitely grab the outfit.  

What with 3D modelling software going for free or cheap recently, many aspiring hobbyists would probably be able to cobble together their own dynamic clothes.  Perhaps.

Eternal Hobbyist

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:56 PM

Athenian gown - now there's an idea. I could loosen the top so that she can wear something under it, and give the gown a belt part (which will be conforming). Then it'll be a hybrid.

svdl ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 10:57 PM

Quote - I think the warrior outfit is great, because rookie modellers can't go that route and will definitely grab the outfit.  

What with 3D modelling software going for free or cheap recently, many aspiring hobbyists would probably be able to cobble together their own dynamic clothes.  Perhaps.

Well, that is certainly the way I started! Simple dynamic clothes are fairly easy to model. Good dynamic clothes, on the other hand... my latest set took many, many hours of tweaking.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 11:10 PM

I am still struggling with dynamic but that is a beautiful dress so it gets my vote.

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 2:05 AM

That outrageous evening dress gets my vote .... so cheeky ! .... can you imagine one of the bigtime Hollywood celebrities wearing that to the Oscars :):))

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 2:13 AM

While I like the warrioress look, I WANT THAT DRESS [well not me personally but V4 does, LOL].

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 3:33 AM

Certainly, the dress gets my vote...

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

vince3 ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 3:39 AM · edited Fri, 02 March 2007 at 3:42 AM

i would like to combine them both together actually Svdl, they look like that'll work and would like to see a small shield, a belt, and dagger as oppossed to a sword, i haven't got that many daggers!! and the cloak sounds like that'll fit in too!!

both look great by the way!!!!!!!

i always find that your dynamic stuff just works!!! so am glad to see you working on some V4 stuff!

thanks Svdl.

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 3:43 AM

The gown, the gown !! :tt1:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 3:51 AM

Another gorgeous gown vote here ;)

My Renderosity Store

corvas ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 5:21 AM

my vote goes to the dress and wen will it be out

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 6:37 AM

My vote .........

for sure

for the awesome dress

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Gini ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 6:47 AM

That dress please !

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 8:17 AM

The dress gets my vote as well. Vicky is tired of swinging a sword around almost buck naked...LOL!

My Facebook Page

kayjay97 ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 10:15 AM

well, I want them both LOL but my first choice would be the gown! Yes, the gown!!

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

richardson ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 10:37 AM

Yes and yes

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 02 March 2007 at 11:37 AM

OK, the gown it is. The warrior outfit will follow later.

vince3 - good idea. Dagger, small shield (buckler) - will be included with the warrior set.

With a bit of luck I can finish the gown this weekend. The modeling isn't all that difficult, but it needs a good UV map. Which is not easy.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 2:47 PM · edited Sat, 03 March 2007 at 2:48 PM

file_370577.jpg

Making some progress. This one has a belt modified from PhilC's Clothing Designer package.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 2:47 PM

file_370578.jpg

Front view:

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 2:50 PM · edited Sat, 03 March 2007 at 2:51 PM

file_370579.jpg

And back view. 

It's a hybrid, the belt and a few polys of the gown are conforming, the top and skirt part are dynamic (just a single 'bone' called Dynamic).

I'll have to put the V4 morphs in the abdomen part before I can distribute the gown.

Do you prefer this version, or should I go with the gown without belt in post # 3?

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 2:57 PM

Where are my heart pills!! Steve,, you should tut us mortals on some of your clothroom settings...

EricJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 3:05 PM

Quote - Do you prefer this version, or should I go with the gown without belt in post # 3?

I like the idea of having a belt, but not that belt. It's too large and heavy looking for the lightweight looking material. A thin cord, sash, or jewelry type chain would look better.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 4:43 PM

file_370593.jpg

EricJ - good points. Is this better?

corvas ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 4:52 PM

looks fantastic the new belt looks nicer i recon

EricJ ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 5:15 PM

That looks great!

vince3 ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 8:20 PM

that is coming along just great Svdl!! love it!! i actually think both belts works for a slightly different look to the gown, you did that so quick aswell, i am very impressed. Nice one. ( much clapping)

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 8:26 PM

sigh And I am so wanting some cool armour for V4. But it looks like the dress got more votes.

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 8:31 PM

Don't worry Unicornst, the armor will be made too. It's just that the dress will be made first.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 8:47 PM

**YIPPIE! I can do the happy dance now. grin I thank you and V4 thanks you. Poor girl has temples to conquer and nothing proper to wear. lol

I do like the dress too. Especially with that simpler belt. That sets it off really nicely. So it was a tough choice. But there are those temples out there, you know.** :lol:

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 12:14 AM

OK, the gown is finished. You can download it here

I haven't submitted the gown to freestuff yet. There's a little problem with nudity and thumbnails, I'd like to have that resolved first.

corvas ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 1:17 AM

thankyou so much im downloading it right know thanks again 

EricJ ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 3:22 AM

Sweet! Just downloaded it. I'm hoping that I have time to play with it soon.

vince3 ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 6:12 AM

nice one! thanks svdl!! i'll have a play with that later.

MartinW ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 6:58 AM

Oh that gown is just too delicious for words!

Nebula ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 10:12 AM

MY WORD!!!!! The gown is FAN-FREAKING-TABULOUS!!!!!  That's gotta be the most beautiful dynamic outfit I've seen!  And you've done a fantastic job of showing it off.  That is EXACTLY what I was looking for.  I agree with richardson, where are MY heart pills!  Is this available yet??

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 10:20 AM

The gown is awaiting approval in the freestuff area. But you can already download it from this link: www.svdlinden.nl/webposerstuff/downloads/v4ropedgown.zip

Nebula ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 10:29 AM

svdl,

Thanks SO MUCH for a really great gown.  The rope is such a perfect touch too!  And to do all this for free.  I think the whole RO community is truly grateful for your generosity.

What needs to be approved?  I've never created anything to put up.

Thank you again, truly,

Nebula (Doug)

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 10:36 AM

The staff needs to check whether a freebie item doesn't contain a virus and is not a copyright violation. This takes a couple of days.
Not as much time as a quality test such as in the marketplace would take, however. As far as I know, approving an item for the marketplace can take as long as three weeks.

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 2:25 PM

Progress report on the warrior outfit:

• shoulder straps and pads now have all Victoria 4 DAZ morphs. Only MAT poses/material collections remain to be made
  • made a dynamic fur cape that fits between shoulder pads and straps.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 3:04 PM

Fast and excellent work there! Thank you, svdl!

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 5:22 PM

file_370659.jpg

Working on the top right now. Here's a WIP. The top will be a conformer with all applicable morphs too. As it is now, it's designed to work with the shoulder strap figure, the chains leading up from the cups connect to the shoulder pads. The top is still in the modeling stage, it hasn't been converted into a figure yet. As always, suggestions are more than welcome.

lam2 ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 5:29 PM

Thank you svdl for another free dynamic dress!!   It's just so beautiful and elegant.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 6:27 PM · edited Sun, 04 March 2007 at 6:27 PM

**One tiny little suggestion. She really needs something that holds the cups in place when in battle. Perhaps some sort of strap going around the back? That way, perhaps it won't interefere with the straps and cape.

I'm loving this.  Especially the cape part of it. Perfect touch!

The chains coming down are fantastic!**

svdl ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 6:33 PM

Working on a chain strap going around the back. Placing all those individual links is slow going...

Unicornst ( ) posted Sun, 04 March 2007 at 6:35 PM

**Somehow I figured you would have already thought of that. grin

My hat's off to you for being able to do this type of modeling.**

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.