Fri, Oct 4, 9:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: v4 magnets

dyret ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2007 at 2:47 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 7:40 PM

I just havent been able to work out how to use the v4 clothing magnets in p7. Are the magnets only for certain clothes or for all clothes? And how do I use them?

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2007 at 3:48 PM · edited Fri, 09 March 2007 at 3:49 PM

V4 magnets are used to set the morphs dials of the V4-clothing at the same settings as the V4-body. For instance: when you set the full body morph "voluptuous" dial of V4, the magnets take care of settings the dials of the clothing the same way, so you don't have to do that by hand. But it only works if the clothing has that same body morph with the same name! A lot of V4 clothing has only the basic morphs. Another thing magnets do is tranfering the JCM morphs:  these  are morphs  that  are set when a arm or a leg is moved. For Instance: if you raise the arm of V4, the breasts are automatically lifted. When the clothing doesn't has those morphs the breasts peeks through the cloth. IMHO a good piece of clothing has at least the JCM-morphs and some basic morphs. When they don't, you have several options to import those morphs: Netherworks has an application to do the job and there is an application called Morphmagic  at the DAZ-store.

regards,

Bopperthijs

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2007 at 5:32 PM

Mostly all clothing will reqire them.  I think there is  atutorial at DAZ on appling the magnets;
here:

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/tutorial/tutorial/-/?id=1942#2

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2007 at 7:55 PM

The V4 clothing magnets by Lyrra work on any clothing. They come with instructions on their usage.

If you mean the magnets that come with V4 herself, they are not magnets you need concern yourself with. They are simple replacements to the old JCM system and only need to be 'magnetised' to the clothing you are using via a special pose file included in V4's purchase package. They do not make full body morphs, nor do they make other character clothing fit V4.

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2007 at 7:31 AM

ok thank you all. I just want the clothes to fit as she moves. dont consern myself with body morphs because i'm not dooing nude renders

dyret ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2007 at 5:28 PM

I'm just having such problems with Pharaos of the Sun dress. Is it really meant that for every time i change vicky 4's pose i have to adjust the dress manualy? I know I'm asking questions wich seems to have obvious answers maybe, but as i am a musican I just want to use poser for illustartions. Not a science paper or somthing like that. ;-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.