Mon, Oct 21, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: STOLEN VUE ART DISPLAYED HERE!

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2007 at 7:37 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.artfile.ru/oboi/a.php?p=3&j=0&f=76

PAGE 4 HAS shari's vue pic... for one

If you click to see full size you will get a specific url to then write to site (here is the e mail Clint gave me)

postmaster@artfile.ru

this image is being illegally displayed on your site and should be removed immediately!

and then sign your user name

I guess it is all we can do.  :(  My horse in red poppies is there I see....

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Shari123 ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2007 at 9:00 PM

Thanks Lyne! I don't I think I would ever have seen that otherwise. I saw several others there that I recognized from Renderosity. I will attempt to email them. Not sure how much good it will do, but I'll give a shot.

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2007 at 9:23 PM

Unfortunatly... (and I messaged Clint) the e mail bounced! I got:

I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<postmaster@artfile.ru>:
89.108.91.192 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 <postmaster@artfile.ru>: Recipient address
rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
Giving up on 89.108.91.192.
================

I don't know what else to do!! :(

keenart ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2007 at 10:52 PM

Threaten them with a bill for about $1000 if they continue to display the work as reimbursement for copyright infringement.

jankeen.com

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2007 at 11:12 PM

be nice to even be ABLE to...but as you can SEE....my e mail for abuse was bounced...not surprising...they probably know all the art is stolen, but want it there to bring viewers into the ADS on the site! :(

farkwar ( ) posted Sat, 10 March 2007 at 11:34 PM

The .ru tells you it is a Russian site, a Russian domain.

You are not going to get any relief over there, from here.

For the last 80 years if anyone over there wanted anything good they had to get it on the blackmarket by piracy and violating the law.

You can threaten them all you want, they are not afraid of you or what you can do(which is next to nothing).

synergy543 ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 3:06 AM

What you could do is send links to all your friends and use "their bandwidth" to display your images. There's not much they could do other than to remove you image or spend money hosting it for you. Maybe its not a bad exchange in this way?

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 4:43 AM · edited Sun, 11 March 2007 at 4:43 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1349666

Cheeky fuckers, I just found one of mine there in the horror section, off to look for more!! This one!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 4:55 AM

sigh... I came back on to watch the clocks change (or not) on my computer and VCR's...I started to change them manually and then thought...what if they change automaticially? As if BUSH has nothing else to do but mess up our time... BLEEP BLEEP...

Anyway...yah... guess it's not worth stressing over...there is NO "principal of the thing" with them...! and I don't want to hang around there picking up potentially bad cookies...some of those ads are not nice!! (well to me anyway...guess it depends.... ;)

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 5:12 AM

Yea, I gave up, there's so many images on there it would take way too long to look at them all!
To be honest I'm a bit gob smacked that he took mine [LOL], must have bad taste too!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

LMcLean ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 7:41 AM

Would it help to notify the major search engines such as Yahoo and Google for example. Maybe they could pull the site from their search engine. At least then they wouldn't get as many people on their site. I wouldn't give up so easily this is a definite Copyright infringement. Does anyone know someone who can speak Russian who could decipher this site better and maybe contact them.

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 8:10 AM · edited Sun, 11 March 2007 at 8:12 AM

i think all of you are wasting valuable time with something that no one can or has the money and resources to stop.   We are dealing with the world when you post a picture on the Internet.
  Plain and simple if you dont want it grabbed by others best things is dont post it......:)

How many of you have saved images off the Internet to your Hard drive not knowing who's it is....  I have so am I a criminal also. :)    Some food for thought.......

Also when you go to that site you better run a spybot or malware scan because you going to get hit with it. :)

ïÏøçö

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 8:37 AM

Nobody ever hear of a SIGN in the image or a LOGO on the image ....
Its easyer then crying about people nicking the image..
If you dont Lock your bike it gets stolen ... 

So Lock your image and make it un useble to them ... or dont do it and dont shout fire when it gets ripped....

C.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 8:45 AM

That dont work either.  There are tons of getty images of people on site all over the Internet.   Yes they are marked but that don't stop people from using them on other sites. :)

ïÏøçö

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 9:01 AM

Yeah Ok but who care's that someone uses your image on his site... When your Logo?name is on it you have the Credits..
But when they Sell Prints they sure Dont like a Logo or name in it...
But in Russia everything goes ... The russians dont give a Sh!t whats right or wrong at all...
But so is it in the US and many other places ... people rip other off ..
All you can do is A: Dont put it Online     B : Make it Locked with a Logo or name.
C: Be bad on what you do ;}

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

thefixer ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 9:05 AM

That last bit won't work Chris, the shite has at least 2 of mine on there!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 9:13 AM

LOL .... 

But some people have use for anything ;}

Greetz Friend !

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

Xiores ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 9:26 AM

Shrink Wrapping

This is a cool little tool in the arsenal. What you’re doing here is putting a transparent image over the image. When someone tries to save your photo, all they get is a picture of nothing.

This applies to your WEB PAGES only.

http://javascript.about.com/library/blimgprot.htm

Watermarking: Using Adobe Photoshop

http://cameras.about.com/od/printing/ss/watermark.htm

Again, applying any or all of these don’t make you invincible in this war. You will become a victim, one the countless wounded wondering what happened. Remember, the only fool-proof plan is not to put your pictures on the web.

By the way, the major search engines will grab and post your images. Check out Google Picture files nd other major engines.

Also Lyne: Your congress, not Bush changed the DST. My PC automatically switched the time without any effort on my part.  :)

keenart ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 12:59 PM

This is in Vista, but you should be able to do much the same to install a Language Pack into Win XP.

You can change the language Windows uses to display text in wizards, dialog boxes, menus, and other items in the user interface. Some display languages are installed by default; others require you to install additional language files.

Before you can install a display language, you need access to the language files. These files can be on your computer, on a computer on your network, or on your Windows DVD; or they can be downloaded from the web. For more information, see How do I get additional language files?

To install a Language Interface Pack (LIP), double-click the file to open the setup program. To install a Multilingual User Interface Pack (MUI), follow these steps:

1. Click to open Regional and Language Options.
  2. Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.
  3. Under Display Language, click Install/uninstall languages, and then follow the steps.  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Note

• The Display language section will only be visible if you have already installed a LIP or if your edition of Windows supports MUI. MUI packs are only available in Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista Enterprise.

After you install a display language, you need to set your computer to use that language. For more information, see Change the display language.

jankeen.com

NightVoice ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 4:45 PM

Well if you are really interested in getting a hold of them try the whois info below.  I have the whois for artfile.ru as well as for agava.net.ru who appear to be the ones hosting the site.  DOn't know what good it will do but there is the info if you want it. :)

domain:     ARTFILE.RU
type:       CORPORATE
nserver:    ns1.agava.net.ru.
nserver:    ns2.agava.net.ru.
state:      REGISTERED, DELEGATED
person:     Palichev Yriy Viktorovich
phone:      +38 050 9814481
fax-no:     +38 050 9814481
e-mail:     admin@artfile.ru
registrar:  R01-REG-RIPN
created:    2004.06.08
paid-till:  2007.06.08
source:     TC-RIPN

domain:  AGAVA.NET.RU
type:    CORPORATE
descr:   Corporate domain
descr:   for AGAVA Software
descr:   Ltd.
admin-o: AGAVA-ORG-RIPN
nserver: ns1.agava.net.ru. 195.161.118.36
nserver: ns2.agava.net.ru. 89.108.64.2
created: 1999.12.17
state:   Delegated
changed: 2006.09.01
mnt-by:  AGAVA-MNT-RIPN
source:  RIPN

org:     AGAVA Ltd.
nic-hdl: AGAVA-ORG-RIPN
admin-c: VVP22-RIPN
bill-c:  VVP22-RIPN
phone:   +7 095 4081172
phone:   +7 095 4081790
e-mail:  noc@agava.com
changed: 2000.07.26
mnt-by:  AGAVA1-MNT-RIPN

person:  VLADIMIR V PANFILOVICH
nic-hdl: VVP22-RIPN
address: Mendeleeva str.,12
address: 141700, Dolgopudniy, Russia
phone:   +7 095 4081172
e-mail:  vladp_home@agava.com
changed: 2006.07.07
mnt-by:  AGAVA-MNT-RIPN

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 4:53 PM · edited Sun, 11 March 2007 at 4:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.inetprivacy.com/a4proxy/

Well if they are using proxy servers then its useless.  You getting false information.  Anyone cna hide their ip and domain. :)

Here is a link to give an idea what can take place.  They using more sofiscated stuff if they want to hide. :)

ïÏøçö

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 5:35 PM

Well I decided I just can't stress over it... of COURSE I knew when I posted my art this would happen...and personally I hate to view art with giant logos on them...it's not real art when you can't see half of it... and too, what we post is compresssed so not so printable... I just had a freind tell me about my one image that was special to me and got upset....but...would of course rather share it HERE and get feedback than not!

Meanwhile all my yahoos went down (just the mail servers) and I am busy fixing up some new .com e mail boxes for my on line stuff..making sure I can get a link to all html newsletters/coupon notices etc... seems that the time change actually could mess with mail servers!? sheesh! always something! Price we pay for being on line... but I am sooo tired of the new wave of spam getting through the yahoo spam blockers too... at  least with my own .com mail I can delete and change my address "at will".... keep my little self busy while folks steal my art! LOL!!

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 5:43 PM

Thats the best attitude to have Lyne.....:)

ïÏøçö

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 5:15 PM

Sharie, here are two direct links to yours so you don't have to dirty your cookies! :)

http://www.artfile.ru/oboi/b/i.php?i=a|236896

http://www.artfile.ru/oboi/b/i.php?i=a|226675

Lyne

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 3:04 PM

I got a trouble ticket from this e mail!!... so don't give up... send lots of e mails with the links to the large copy of your image and complain!! I got:

"RIPE NCC Operations" ops@ripe.net

Greetings,

This message has been automatically generated in response to the
creation
of a ticket regarding:

"Web site traced back to you is hosting illegal copies of art!"

Maybe in some small way we can make a difference! Especially important for those of us making money from our art!

Lyne

steve1950 ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:27 PM

I really don't care what the Russians do.

There are some of my images on there to. I just find it childish that they congratulate each other on what wonderful images they have created. You and I know that they couldn't create jack shit between them. We have the satisfaction of knowing that. I just laugh at them.

May be my image will end up on the wall of a grubby flat in Moscow, and they can get some pleasure out of it while downing a few bottles of vodka, beating up the kids and raping granny.

Mind you, if any of these appear in the UK, I will get cross. If they appear in the US, with your new laws, it will be the same as Russia.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.