Tue, Oct 22, 2:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: 2001 Space Odyssey Astronaut Set??

imagynart ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 5:09 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:33 AM

Hello Is there a full set of astronaut uniform and props like from the movie, 2001: A Space Odyssey for Poser 6? Thanks.

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 5:42 PM

I would so love that torus room that had the cryro, work and food stations, the gravity module. I have tried to make it myself but no luck yet.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 8:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.strafe.com/2001

hang tite..;) try here..it's got ships I remember, not sure about the smaller stuff. I modeled the monolith once (like that's an accomplishement...a cube 1 by 4 by 9 [the rest of the dimensions are harder to do..;[)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

imagynart ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 9:01 PM

Pakled: Not Found The requested URL /2001 was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. I just needed the astronaut uniform and its associative props, not the whole 2001 set. Heh. ;)

Don ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 10:17 AM

DAZ has an astronaut suit in the Plat Club and I think Content Paradise has one, too. As to how close they are to 2001 style... I dunno.

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 11:00 AM

Quote - DAZ has an astronaut suit in the Plat Club and I think Content Paradise has one, too. As to how close they are to 2001 style... I dunno.

no where near. they are based on the real suits in use..

imagynart ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:19 PM

Dang, I was hoping for that kind of look from the movie, not the one based on the real NASA astronaut spacesuit. I always prefer that 2001 spacesuit than the real thing because it looks so cool and the helmet is even better.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 4:29 PM

Clavius Space Backpack I think this is the sort of suit you're looking for. Or, at least, part of it.

imagynart ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 5:47 PM

Thanks, Antonia! It said for Poser 4. I have Poser 6, will it still works?

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 6:39 PM

Yes. Poser 4 stuff uses simpler material settings, and bump maps, if used, are different. I think you have to use the Gradient Bump input with a .bum file.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.