Sun, Oct 6, 12:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: OT Anyone else finding their yahoo box DOWN??

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 2:47 PM · edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 12:19 PM

I can't get into any of my yahoo boxes?!?! Anyone else finding this? And yes my connections are fine... but gee...I better copy my address books stuff out of there.. never thought they could go down wholesale!

I read there IS a lot more SPAM coming in through the filters as the BAD GUYS figure ways around the spam blocker programs...I am getting a LOT into my main boxes at all my yahoos that I never did before... most about a "lottery win"... it's very important NOT to click on any of this stuff and to delete it all asap and empty trash.... sigh....

I use a yahoo here...sigh...guess it's time to start setting up my .com boxes for all my web sites like this! At least with my own boxes I can change them and control them...

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 3:36 PM

Your not the only one.
I suspect that there is an internal problem at Yahoo, as the front page is working, but the mail server just gives an error.

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 3:55 PM

ALL the yahoo mails are down! I can't access any of mine...and as soon as it gets back up, I will be setting all my yahoo addresses to my own .com - better to get out of there! I also read while looking to see if this outage is over all, that the partnership between yahoo and AT&T is fraying...and also that the oddball time change can actually affect computers !? 

Sheesh!  :(

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 4:39 PM

Yahoo Email is down, but it can still be acessed through their skelton site, [http://wap.oa.yahoo.com until it gets back up.

i got this off of yahoo answers and it seems to work... not sure it can SEND but you can READ any messages once you figure out it's interface. lots of folks down but a few can get into theirs..](http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sun, 11 March 2007 at 5:28 PM

Working as normal for me at this point, thanks for the heads up though, gonna get what e-mails I need out, asap!

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 12 March 2007 at 10:43 PM

yes thankfully my yahoos came back...I snagged all my addresses...and when I can set up my e mails will be nice to get out of "spam city"! :)

Dragontales ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 9:19 AM

I still can't get into mine.  It's like it doesn't remember my info or anything. 

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 1:08 PM

So, what makes everyone think Yahoo mail is going away?  So they're having network difficulties, big deal.  Name one web site that doesn't from time to time.

nruddock ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 2:46 PM

Quote - I still can't get into mine.  It's like it doesn't remember my info or anything. 

Check that your clock is correct, as it could be a cookie problem related to the DST switchover.

Dajadues ( ) posted Tue, 13 March 2007 at 9:23 PM · edited Tue, 13 March 2007 at 9:25 PM

Not network difficulty,  more like they were working on it.

The Inbox looks smaller, looks different to me.

I had to hunt for the signout button.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 10:48 AM

I don't use Yahoo, but I am having trouble now with my grandfathered hotmail accounts and POP3 in my Outlook Express. 

They were working fine until about 4 or 5 days ago when suddenly I started to get prompted to add my password on each of my 2 hotmail accounts.  I have other POP3 address for here, my own site and gmail and I don't have issues with those, but recently hotmail stopped responding to my POP3.

I do know that hotmail no longer supports POP3 on free accounts, but because my accounts were pre-existing from years back, they were grandfathered in and the no POP3 does not apply to those 2 accounts.

I've written to hotmail and they wrote me back telling me to contact Microsoft about Outlook Express.  I wrote them back telling them that it's not an Outlook Express problem, it's a hotmail one because it's only affecting my 2 hotmail accounts an no others. They wrote me back again and told me to contact Microsoft about Outlook Express.  sheesh  So I'm still waiting.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.