Sun, Oct 6, 7:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Importing an artist's package

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 8:03 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:34 AM

Okay here goes. I brought a package from an artist. The readme files says to check the "Use folder names" so that files will be placed in the correct path. The thing though is I didn't use winzip to extract the files and I don't put the files in my Poser itself. I add a runtime folder to My C drive and then add it to my library. In the instructions it seems they want some of the stuff to go to the Pose libray and others to go to the Textures library.  I made a folder on my C drive and when I imported it into my library. I was unable to use the Full body morphs INJ and whenever I'd press on it, I was taken to my Poser 6 folder. When I tried to click out, I'd get this message saying if I still wanted to search. It takes forever and freezes up telling me the file wasn't found. My question is when you're not using winzip and you're just extracting to your C file and there is no option to "Use folder names" how do u make sure all the files go to the right place? When I added it to my libraries a lot of stuff ie. "different fingernail colors" which I consider a prop would show with the poses in the Pose library. Even though I distinctly added this in my Figures library. When I press on Figures, nothing shows. When I press on Props nothing shows, but when I press on Pose all of the stuff is there even the Full body morph INJ that I can't use. Granted most of the things that came with the package are poses but there are different fingernails, different eye colors, different facial makeup, etc. 

Thanks guys. This is so long but I tried to explain best I could.

kalon ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 8:33 AM · edited Wed, 14 March 2007 at 8:33 AM

Poser will now allow you to have more than one runtime, but a "runtime" is a very rigidly structured folder system. 

Look at the file system that Poser created upon installation. Regardless of which drive you put your files on, or which folder you put the files in, you should start from a Runtime folder and then mirror the folder structure you see in your Poser 6 installation.

kalonart.com

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 8:58 AM

Since P5 "absolute pathes" are allowed in Poser files. Incorrectly handled a Poser file with absolute pathes works only with the runtime it is designed for. Better you ask the author about this.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 9:18 AM

Do this ... if you named the folder on your C drive "Runtime" it's confusing Poser.  Name the folder something else and then look at the structure inside the folder.  You should see sub folders that is names Runtime.  

Inside this Runtime folder you should see some folders named Geometries - Libraries - Textures, etc.  

Inside the libraries folder are the main subfolders, Camera - character - Face - Hair - Hand - Light - Material - Pose - props

Every external runtime has the same structure.  If you extract to your c drive it should create a folder named runtime there but you have to rename that folder as Poser will get confused and default back to it's native Runtime folder.

All of my external runtimes (living out on my J drive on a SATA HDD) have main folder names for rhe type of content that's included (V3 - V4 - Hair - Lights - M3, etc) so that I only have to browse that folder for the content I'm looking for.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 10:27 AM · edited Wed, 14 March 2007 at 10:34 AM

Okay this is what I did from all the advice given:

Made a folder on my C drive. I called it the name of the package which was ChanelleV3. Next subfolder Runtime. Next two folders Library and Textures. And so forth.

ChanelleV3===>Runtime===>Libraries===>Pose===>Chanelle stuff
ChanelleV3===>Runtime===>Textures===>Chanelle textures stuff

Then added it to my library. All is good so far.

When I try and apply my Full INJ pose that comes with the package, I browse for it in my C file. There... given two options. Full INJ and Full INJ pz2. Whenever I tried to apply the Full INJ, I get a message saying it's not a valid poser file. Okay so I tried the second option (Full INJ pz2). It applies; meaning I don't get a message but my figure disappears from document window. Vanished!

Btw. I get this problem whether I zero the pose or keep it as is before applying the Full INJ pz2.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 10:40 AM

Here is a template that you can use to get started with external runtimes.

External Runtime Structure Template

Here is a thread on how to use multiple external runtimes.  The structure is already created in the template. But the information in the thread is very valuable just the same.

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=9060

Here is a picture that shows where the various types of files go into a runtime:

http://www.daz3d.com/support/faq/index.php?id=94

It's a good idea to unzip and / or install (.exe files) to a directory on your desktop first. This way you can browse through the folders to see what is there and you can rename and organize them before you deposit them into your actual runtime folder(s).

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 10:54 AM

Thanks for the links Arcadia. They're always helpful. Any idea on what I possibly did wrong why the INJ pose makes my figure vanish from my document window? It's still there but I can't see it. I know its still there because in the drop down menu you see the words "Figure 1. "

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 11:07 AM

Some times, when this happens, just go into the material room and then back to the pose room.  Also be certain your document style is on texture shaded down at the bottom (it's the button farthest on the right).

I haven't had this happen since P5 but, sometimes, it has to do with transmapping.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 11:21 AM

Okay it's definately on Textured style. I literally went to the Materials room and then back to the Pose room and still don't see my Figure. I even made my document dimensions 500x500.

adp001 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 11:37 AM

Quote -
I haven't had this happen since P5 but, sometimes, it has to do with transmapping.

Sometimes. For me it happens with a series of complicated skin materials I did (works pretty in P6). The whole character gets a "black out" in P7 :)

I droped P7. No time for error hunting. I just found out that D|S is a nice and working program.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 11:47 AM · edited Wed, 14 March 2007 at 11:52 AM

P6 is what I use. I found that if I X-ed out the document window and then pressed Cancel, my figure returns. It doesn't apply the Full INJ pose though. Other suggest as to why it's not working are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 12:17 PM

file_371696.jpg

If you could post a screenshot of the pose folder, maybe we can figure out what's going on.  You should be seeing a png for the INJ pose and if you click on that it should apply the pose.

Your pose library should look something like this - the png is just a thumbnail for the pz2 file.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 12:34 PM · edited Wed, 14 March 2007 at 12:43 PM

file_371698.jpg

How do I attach thumbnails on here? I tried to use picfury and the link for the forums but it didnt show as a picture.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 12:44 PM · edited Wed, 14 March 2007 at 12:45 PM

file_371699.jpg

next...

DOUBLE CLICK TO ENLARGE.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 12:44 PM

file_371700.jpg

last...

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 1:00 PM

**It's wanting you to locate the file..... "injDeltas.PBMPubicHair"...part of the morph that was made.

You probably do have it set it up this way, but I ask to be on the safe side. Do you have your Delta channels for V3 in Poser itself? If so, one other option is to contact the vendor of the product and let her know what problems you are having with the product. It could be something as simple as a filepath needing to be fixed and she really should be informed.**

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 1:52 PM · edited Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dolphins-dreams.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=4&ccSID-285e73f64c04744fc5f33ff68f529742=c5510846696e863da34064538cd080fa

Ummmm Delta channels???? ***scratches head***

I don't know if I am able to do this but here is the link to the package. I apologize if I'm not. I thought it would be easier to see for yourselves.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:29 PM

**Delta channels are what comes with V3's morph pack. They are in a seperate folder and sometimes, Poser needs them in it's Runtime instead of an outside folder to be able to find them. In order to use morph injs, you have to have the head and body morph pack for V3  as well as the model.

Oh...one other thing. The icons you see for "different nail colors" are MAT poses and not props. So they do belong in the Pose folder because you are simply changing the color of the nails. Same with the makeups & eye colors.**

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:32 PM

Thank you all very much. I'm going to try to do some investigating and some rearranging to see what I can get.

Thanks again.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 2:52 PM

I looked on my computer in my V3 folder. I found the Deltas folder but it doesnt have that file listed above. It has other stuff like INJdDeltasSpandex and Deltagloves but not for pubic hair. So I contacted the vendor and sent an email. I'm guessing they failed to put the deltapubichair file in there?

Okay if I put the V3 in my Poser itself, to make it easier, should I put all of the V3 or just the head and body folders containing the deltas...since that's what Poser needs to locate.

I apreciate all the input thus far. I truly do. You guys have been great.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 3:16 PM

file_371707.jpg

**You don't have to put V3 herself in there. She can stay in an outside folder. This is what I do....

I open Windows Explorer and get the folders listed to the side. I find the program listings and go into Poser. The folder you want in there is circled in purple in the image and where you need to place it. I just copied that folder starting with the !DAZ to Poser and still have the original in a seperate folder as well since I also use Studio.

But, yes...if you have the head and body morphs and you have the deltas where Poser can find them, then I would say something got messed up in the packing and DiNeerG needs to know about it so she can fix it.**

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 3:40 PM

Okay I did as you said. Thanks for all the wonderful tips guys. Especially explaining that the different eye colors and fingernails belong in the Pose library. I was getting tiffed over the fact that it wouldn't go into the Props library. LOL But you explained it well. :)

P.S. I just saw the nudity thumbnail sticky at the top of this forum. Oops! If the mods need to edit my post and take out my attachments by all means.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 3:56 PM

You're more than welcome. Hope it all gets fixed for you very soon.

chriscox ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 4:20 PM

It seems the pose is using morphs from the Victoria 3.0 Body Morph Pack ( http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=1106 ).  The Pubic hair morph is included in the Body Morph Pack while the spandex and glove morphs come with the V3 base.  Since you don’t have the Pubic hair, it would appear that you do not have the Body Morph Package or that the Body Morphs were installed where Poser can’t find them.

Chris Cox

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:07 PM

Body Morph pack? I never brought that. I just installed the V3 base because in the readme files the system requirements to use this product was Poser 4 or higher and Vicotoria3. No wonder I wasn't able to utilize this product. Thanks. 

Btw Lol @ "pubic hair" being thrown out there so casually in convo. ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.