Tue, Sep 24, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 3:27 PM

I try but I'm seeing thumbnails in my sleep, lol.. Doesn't make for a very restful sleep either, heehee

DDevant ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 5:01 PM

stacey go to sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 5:18 PM

LOL.. I have tried but my mind always goes a hundred miles an hour when I lay down to try and sleep then I think of something and get back up and start working again. I promise when I go to New Orleans for vacation in two weeks, I will rest up and be raring to go when I get back!!!!

zollster ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 6:10 PM

hey stacey.....ya've gone brunette!

slinger ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 7:39 PM

Hey Stacey, as an admin/coder from another 3D site, who is often up until 3 or 4 in the morning working as well as holding down a "regular" day job, try this....

Divide the  number of people complaining in this thread by the total membership of the site and then multiply the result by 100 to get a percentage, it'll make you feel better, honest. ~lol~

The liver is evil - It must be punished.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2007 at 8:03 PM

Yes zollster, I cut a lot of my hair off and warmed up the color a bit to hide the grey. Still getting used to it but it will grow back out soon:)

Slinger,

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that

DDevant ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 9:49 AM

Thanks for your email, Stacey, though it still doesn't make sense but what does these days. Thanks for your time.

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 7:06 PM · edited Mon, 29 January 2007 at 7:07 PM

I am just going to add another "2 cents worth" and then unsubscribe to get out of the frey...

1-THANK YOU for the rule
and
2- If I were using a "second skin" I would turn the nipple OFF so it would not look strange or like the artist just did not bother to make CLOTHES look like clothes... ? But maybe the skins you are using are not clothes?

It's all getting really silly, and Stacey you need to be commended for your continued patients...now and in the past...(yes, I admit I used to get really mad and complian too, until I "grew up")....

There is WAY MORE GOOD about this site than bad, I truly love this community and the many good and helpful folks here!

Lyne

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2007 at 7:56 PM

Thanks Lyne:)

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 9:18 AM

Stacey, I notice a bunch of these type thumbs cropping up. Is the auto thumb feature now working for a pic that has nudity or Violence? ThanX

**HuggerZ!
Ariana

I was just asking!**

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 9:47 AM

We decided, after some members asked, to allow the Renderosity generic thumbnail if they don't want or cannot create their own thumbnail for images flagged with either nudity or violence:)

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 10:05 AM

ThanX Stacey! Havce a great day!
HuggerZ!
Ariana

DDevant ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 10:33 AM

So nudity in thumbnails is allowed now provided that the thumnail is a small version of the whole image?

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 11:00 AM

no. nothing has changed. stop trolling.

DDevant ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 11:41 AM

@ Stacey proxy. " Nothing has changed" Things definately have changed. It is now possible to havea rosity generated  thumbnail of an image that contains nudity when clearly before it was stated that this would not be allowed.
Is "stop trolling." official Renderosity policy or did you make it up all on your own?

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 11:44 AM

you have read the Tos?

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 11:52 AM

DDevant,

Nothing has changed. Please read the thumbnail guidelines that are on the gallery upload page

Please lets everyone be civil and keep this thread on topic

DDevant ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 12:54 PM · edited Tue, 30 January 2007 at 12:58 PM

Nothing has changed?In new thumbnail policy on the Gallery upload page it says “We will allow the Renderosity generic "Content Advisory" icon.  Just right click and save to your hard drive, then upload in the slot for your thumbnail.”

Earlier you stated several times that:-
Posted Wed, Jan 24, 2007 12:56 pm
“A thumbnail is supposed to be an accurate representation of the image
you've posted. We aren't going to allow suggestive or "censored" words,
blots or blurs."

How do those two statements fit together?

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 1:04 PM

Because later in the thread I said "after listening to you that have mentioned this that if you want to use the generic Renderosity "Content Advisory" icon then we will allow that. " That is the only "censoring" type thumb that can be used, its either that one or a representation of the full image with no nudity

The reason I said NOTHING HAD CHANGED was because your question to me was "So nudity in thumbnails is allowed now provided that the thumnail is a small version of the whole image?" And no nudity is allowed on thumbnails that didn't change and so my answer to YOUR specific question was correct.

DDevant ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 1:34 PM

OK thanks for that I understand now. No nudity of any kind will be allowed in thumbnails. But there was a big argument about the use of "CENSORED" thumbnails and the policy was that nothing other than " an accurate representation of the image" was to be allowed.

Mercytoo ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 2:44 PM

Uh, jumping in a little late here, and really just looking for some clarification, and not regarding the nudity rules... If this has been asked, I do appologise, but I honestly don't have time to read through 11 pages... and most of this is about the nudity anyway. My question concerns the following as stated from the front page article: -No depictions of injury being caused to any living creature. This includes, but is not limited to, injury from either piercing or edged weapons/tools, projectiles, fire/chemical burns, blunt force trauma, punching, kicking, slapping, strangulation or crushing. This also includes accidents and self-harm. -Weapons may be shown providing a) they do not have blood on them, and b) the injured victim is not visible. -Images of minor bruising, burns or bloody wounds that have already occurred are acceptable Since the word "images" was used here... I'm not sure if you're talking about these things only being banned from thumbnails, or from the galleries as well? Pardon my ignorance, but I'd rather ask for clarifications if I'm unsure on something. Not that I do horrific violent images, but... If these violence rules apply to the gallery as well, it would really make for a borring horror section. Not to mention no more portrayals of epic battle scenes, etc. To summarize.. The above mentioned policies regarding violence - Are they only applicible to thumbnails or the entire site (galleries too) as a whole? Thanks.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:29 PM

Stacey, this is applying to thumbnails ONLY....Correct???
Ariana

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:29 PM

The new policy is for the thumbnails only, the guidelines around the actual full image hasn't changed:)

Thanks

Mercytoo ( ) posted Tue, 30 January 2007 at 3:46 PM

Ok, thank you for clarifying that for me.

Coleman ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 3:30 AM

It's just the thumbnails...

Next is no nipple or genital textures on 3d skins because like the mods and coordinators above have said in numerous and various ways - they're not a contribution to art.

Can you imagine someone telling Picasso what he can and can't show in his thumbnails of his art?

But alas, yes, it is a private site - in a downward spiral.. with every right to screw themselves in small increments... being just like "every other site around"  - afraid to break a risky mold.

This site has become very stale.

It's perfectly okay to show perfuse ass, tits and sell sex in the marketplace here (9/10 of every banner on the top of this and every Osity page) but for some reason the 'art' galleries here have adopted a stigma against same.

It's a small silly thing - yet another of many small numerous steps of silliness adding up to a lot of silliness.

Next you won't be able to say a set of certain words in the forums... little steps to total absurdity.

The Captain's right though - this site has every right to dig its own grave if it wants

Primal ( ) posted Wed, 31 January 2007 at 8:58 AM

Its just more censorship and another rule to make this place less appealing...it sends a bad message that Nudity for one is bunched with Violence in your rules and is dirty or bad or heaven forbid a child might look.(have you ever looked on the internet?).The naked body is a beautiful thing and everyone has one under their clothes..I agree with Ramnimus You guys are digging your own grave one thimbleful at a time..

Orchid_Noir ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 6:37 AM

I just want to say thank you for the new policy.

I tried to peruse the gallery and, not being afraid of nudity, got hit in the face with the "monster tits of doom" that I try to avoid more times in one session than in my entire time here.  So I will most likely stop looking at all but a couple of people's work.

I have no complaints with those that do like that genre, but I was able to make an informed desicion not to look when they were honestly represented on the thumbnail pages for what they were.  Now I am unable to do so.

I must side with the "there were/are filters in place for a reason" crowd. I had reserved forming an opinion on this new policy until I could see what it's implementation was going to do.  Well, my opinion is that it is crap.  If I am going to click on images that I would have preffered to NOT see, I being one to just close the tab it's in and move along, I see this ending up generating even more complaints from the puritants, as now they can blame Renderosity for their viewing of even more material that they "would never, never ever" instead of accepting responsibility for thier tastes.

My gallery was pulled in reaction to DaVinci, not the thumbnail policy, before anyone tries to make it anything else.

Again, thank you to the ones that put this policy in place, I have alot more free time not that cruising the galleries is out of my routine.

Want a shirt?

darth_poserus ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 5:14 PM · edited Thu, 01 February 2007 at 5:16 PM

Orchid are you telling us that Leonardo Davinci was censored here? What was it? Monal Lisa show too much skin for someone? Whats next, we gonna ban whistlers mother too, because there's a hint of ankle showing?

ROFL

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

DDevant ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 6:27 PM

"you telling us that Leonardo Davinci was censored here?"
Afraid so but the good news is that you can still get his V4 textures in the MP   Huggzzzzzzzz
David :)

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 01 February 2007 at 6:46 PM

Quote - "you telling us that Leonardo Davinci was censored here?"
Afraid so but the good news is that you can still get his V4 textures in the MP   Huggzzzzzzzz
David :)

Its already been explained that the FP article image was treated equal to how any posting here would be.  

lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 11:22 AM

That doesn't alter the fact that Davinci was censored by Renderosity... read that again and think about it... 'Davinci was censored by Renderosity'... an art site. Makes ya think.

rodneyrenouf ( ) posted Fri, 02 February 2007 at 11:22 PM

😠 I think people are getting carried away with this nudity stuff!! You have filters use them!! Stop trying to censor everything and leave people the ability to make their own decisions about what they want to see.

darth_poserus ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 9:06 PM · edited Tue, 06 February 2007 at 9:07 PM

Quote - That doesn't alter the fact that Davinci was censored by Renderosity... read that again and think about it... 'Davinci was censored by Renderosity'... an art site. Makes ya think.

Thats what I mean, how does an artist site, censor one of, if not the most, well known, famous, master artists of all time?

And stacey I have no idea what you mean by FP.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Free the freebies!

zollster ( ) posted Tue, 06 February 2007 at 9:11 PM

FP= Front Page

killa9127 ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 1:34 AM

Wait weren't there already filters for nudity all you needed to do was toggle it on and off? Now this is straight censorship.  This is insane its another poser pros all over again I don't even think they had filters for nudity, but this site does so if people don't want to see nakedness then use the damn filters. But its too late now since these people decided for everyone that we need to have more rules about pictures with nudity. Honestly can someone enlighten me why is there a new rule for the thumbnails with nudity.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 1:43 AM

You might enlighten yourself as to why by following the link on page 1.

That is...unless 12 pages of "Why" isn't enough.

Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

killa9127 ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 1:46 AM

I am enlightened in my opinion I think the reason is stupid.

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 1:49 AM

My apologies...I was answering this question:

"Honestly can someone enlighten me why is there a new rule for the thumbnails with nudity"

I mean...you did ask "Why " didn't you?

Tom

killa9127 ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 11:04 AM

No need to apologize  what I meant was this whole thumbnail idea is a little stupid. Thanks for telling me that it was on the front page ^^

darth_poserus ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 2:18 PM · edited Thu, 22 February 2007 at 2:20 PM

Funny that tom, in all 12 pages of "explanation" or "why" as you put it, I still don't see any "explanation" or "why" as to how exactly this place can seriously be called an "artists" community anymore, when images such as those found in the sistine chapel etc...., images done by men and women who are considered to be among the greatest artists in the history of mankind, are now banned, and couldn't be shown here,  thanks to this new rule.

Free the freebies!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 2:31 PM

Nude images are not banned from this site? Where are you getting that information darth?  That is inaccurate.  
If you are still referring to the Front Page article image, that was explained multiple times and it wasn't about the actual IMAGE being nude just as this new policy isn't about the actual image.

Thanks

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 3:40 PM

I'd like to announce that I'll be taking up a collection for Stacey to help her to replace the fingernails she's losing by typing the same thing over and over and over and over and over for the umpteen-and-seventh time.

Please give generously, she's a precious resource. 

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2007 at 3:48 PM

Hi Darth

"I still don't see any "explanation" or "why" as to how exactly this place can seriously be called an "artists" community anymore, "

That is not the question that was asked.

The question I was referring to, was:

" Honestly can someone enlighten me why is there a new rule for the thumbnails with nudity"

Your question is totally different.

Why the rule was made..

and

how exactly this place can seriously be called an "artists" community anymore.

Are two totally different questions.

One can be answered by fact.(Go to the front Page...The "Why" is spelled out there.)

The other, can only be answered by opinion. 

8 )

Tom

keenart ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 12:24 PM

I don't complain when the boobs are presented artistically, but when they look like cow unders!?!  

Isn't there an old saying. "more than a mouthful goes to waste." 

And, this is a business, they have the right!

jankeen.com

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 7:06 PM

Quote - Isn't there an old saying. "more than a mouthful goes to waste."

Never heard that one before, it's usually "More than a handful is a waste" (which I've never entirely agreed with).

keenart ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 7:15 PM

They are just nicely packaged milk containers, nothing really more. 

Renderosity is growing-up, shaping a new business model that presents itself and represents us to the community in a more professional manner. 

jankeen.com

zollster ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 7:54 PM

i wants da boobies!!! :D

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 9:08 PM

LOL @ zollster.. You can still have da boobies in the full image:)

zollster ( ) posted Sat, 03 March 2007 at 9:33 PM

eeek!! well if i do boobies...then i'm coverin 1 eye so i dont go blind :D

AestheticDemon ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 12:11 PM

Quote - This is a new policy on no nudity in the thumbnails. We have allowed nudity, ie bare breasts in thumbnails up until now.  We will not be going backward with this new policy as there are too many images in the gallery to be able to get this accomplished but going forward we will be enforcing this new policy:)

so basically, the new rule is a piece of meaningless BS censorship, since the 'people' you're trying to protect from "Female Nipple Viewing Syndrome" will still see nude thumbs in the pre censorship posted gallery images...

"Welcome, puritan folk to Ponderosity.com, you can browse our galleries without fear of seeing female upper torso bits except for all the stuff posted before spring 07, which is devils-buttons-a-go-go..."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.