Thu, Sep 19, 4:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Great source for car models - SSP

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 5:35 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:17 PM

Attached Link: DMI Car model samples

Super variety of models here.

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

RodsArt ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 6:47 PM

Attached Link: DMI 3D Cars

I doubled checked the link to the models........this link takes you directly there.

___

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 6:53 PM

Thanks..I finally have a Cadillac..;) The linklist is worth it alone...appreciate it.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:19 PM

Out of the whole list, the single one car I want, the Lotus Supra Seven, is a dead link!  :-(

Thelby ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:41 AM

What are you guys using to convert these .lwo files so that will import into Bryce. I am unable to import .lwo files since my download Bryce 6.0 back last year. :^(

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:45 AM

Bryce should be able to import them without trouble. File -> Import Object -> an open dialog box appears and you should be able to navigate to the target file and open it from there.

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:52 AM

file_371917.jpg

Thelby ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:53 AM

Nope, not since I downloaded Version 6.0 last year. My 5.5 imported them "No Problem", I reported it at DAZ and never got an answer and then went to the forums and got a bunch of hogwash that didn't work either :^(  Man I want to use some of them cars bad, but hey, I guess not!!!

Thelby ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:55 AM

That looks really cool : ^ (

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:23 PM

Hrm, ... i don't know what to say on that.. sounds like a glitch. Have you tried to install that Bryce on a second machine?

My Bryce 5 likes to crash randomly whenever I'm importing a .DXF file.. even if it's a font object from elefont. But not all my machines are configured the same, and on some there's no crashing.

I just tested with B6.1 and I'm getting a "invalid format".....  tested with another car model and it came in fine. Maybe some of the models are glitched.

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:01 PM

There were a couple that were glitched.

Did you install the 6.1 Update?

___

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:30 PM

Me? Yes... downloaded several times on different machines, etc. The Jaguar 1935 one I was testing the import. I think that file is glitched.

Questor4 ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:41 PM

i posted the link to this site last week.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2688048

It is a great collection, not all of the cars load directly into bryce but about 60-70% work fine.
I still havent decided what im gonna do with the cars yet, but I will eventually make a bryce scene using one/some of them.

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 4:49 PM

Thanks!! I remebered seeing this thread, I looked for it and couldn't find it....but I saved the link.

Thanks Again Q4.

___

Thelby ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 6:47 PM · edited Fri, 16 March 2007 at 6:50 PM

Thats the place we are talking about, some of the models are bad. I get the same error; "Invalid Format". I opened it in Vue and only parts are there. PArts like the steering wheel and Sterring sector. It's the BMW Z3 & 4. I have since I started this thread uninstalled Bryce 6.1 and reinstalled it. At first I thought it did not help till Death said some of the models were flawed, so I tried other and they open fine in my Bryce now after reinstalation Yipee!!! But some of the models on that site are bad. : ^ (

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 7:37 PM

It might be their server. I noticed last night I clicked to download the BMW one I rendered above and noticed the download dialog box said "10% of..... " and really zoomed. It downloaded so quickly I was suspicious. So I downloaded again over the old file and watched the percentage guage move more slowly to 100%. This happened twice of the four models I got last night. Maybe their server is dying.

Burpee ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 1:04 PM

thelby, will the crossroads ap convert the files to 3ds or obj?

Thelby ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 2:21 PM

What is the crossroads app ???

TCsolar ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 3:04 PM

thats really nice indeed!

--- www.brycedownloads.com ---
Free downloads just for bryce
--- www.artartica.net ---
My personal work, right here

Burpee ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 3:19 PM

@Thelby...someone mentioned it in the 3DC forum.  It's squirreled away in the Bryce Nook or I can send it to you.  Very small ap for changing file formats.  The 'about' says that it can be shared as long as it's not altered in any way.

Unfortunately it doesn't do LWO.
Here's what it does:
Opens:
3DS, DXF, POV, INC, RAW, COB, WRL, OBJ, NFF

Saves as:
3DS, T3D, B3D, DXF, .C, SMPL, .X, V2.2 POV, V3.0 POV, RAW, COB, V1.0 WRL, V2.0 WRL, OBJ, NFF

I wonder if you can open it in Hexagon or Cinema, etc and export them as something else?

Thelby ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 3:27 PM

Yeah, I didn't think about Hex and I have that, Let me try and I will get back to ya!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.