Fri, Oct 4, 4:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Found another Vue boo-boo

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 10:45 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 4:14 PM

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/ShowMessage.php?id=1174144975

Hi guys,

I think I have found a clue - although I couldn't tell you what - although to say this is NOT a Poser 7 issue. See the attached images.

I import this model into Vue & Carrara - both pointed to Poser 7 .exe, as you well know Daz/Carrara does NOT have access to the Poser 7 SDK - so that straight off says it's not a matter of SDK.

I import the model into Vue & as you can see the model comes in missing parts - when I import the same model into Carrara all the parts are there.

So this lends me to believe something in Vue is misinterpetting the PZ3 import code somehow.

Just to re-iterate - Daz does NOT have the P7 SDK & I do have Carrara pointed to Poser 7. So, it can't be a Poser issue.

Hope this helps you folks :)

Debby

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 10:48 AM

file_372014.jpg

PIc 1 - this is rendered in Vue - note the missing parts.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 10:48 AM · edited Sat, 17 March 2007 at 10:49 AM

file_372015.jpg

Pic 2 - this was rendered in Carrara - note all the parts are there.

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:00 AM · edited Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:01 AM

Good observation
Did you load it natively in Carrara or did you use Transposer ?

What it really means is that Poser itself is not the source of the problem.

Which leaves us with two options :

• either the SDK is not decoding things properly

• or the SDK is deciding things differently than previously, and Vue is not interpreting the changes properly.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:42 AM · edited Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:53 AM

Hi agiel - I imported into Carrara natively :)

But Agiel - Daz/Carrara does NOT have the Poser 7 SDK - that's my point.  I'm using poser 7 SR1 - I no longer have Poser6 on my machine.  I have C pointed to the poser7 .exe.

If it was the SDK or changes therein - The frengi shop would have imported into C with the same missing parts.  I am importing using PZ3.

If there is an expert on PZ3 out here - I would send the .txt file to scope it out.  I don't have the knowledge to knit pick thru it - wish I did.

Maybe I should upload the PZ3 txt file & grabs of the missing parts to EON tech as well...what do you think?

Well I went ahead & added to the tech thread with screengrabs of Vue parts vs Poser parts & the PZ3 txt file :)

agiel ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:57 AM

I am missing something in your reasoning.

On one hand you are saying Carrara is not using the poser SDK.

On the other, you are saying that if there was a problem with the SDK, Carrara would have imported the object with missing parts.

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:01 PM

Debby, you definitely should show e-on. Even when the pz3 normally only makes sense when the item is installed in Poser as well.

In what Runtime have you installed the item? Default Poser 7 one or in a second personal one?

And if it is a second, maybe you can "exchange" the Runtimes (so that the default becomes a second and the personal one becomes "default") and try again. I found that this could make a difference, that Vue right now reads items from the default Runtime a lot better than from anywhere else.

A question to Faveral's Aurore. Is this a Poser model or an obj/3DS? To me it looks like an obj/3DS because it does not mention Poser in the specifications. But of course I am not sure.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:07 PM

Sorry - let me try & exlpain better(I hope).

1.  Vue is using Poser 6 SDK per EON as of now. Poser 6 has worked fairly flawlessy importing via PZ3 for awhile now(V5).  EON has said something changed in Poser7 SDK & they are working with EF.

2.  Daz/C is still using Poser 6 SDK.

1. I'm using Poser7 SR1 with C with NOT Poser 6

So, if both companies are using Poser 6 SDK as of right now - why the difference?  If the SDK changed in Poser 7(lets say EON is using for discussion purposes)  Wouldn't I see the same difference in C?

I still think I'm saying this right - ACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

I so can't talk technical - sorry - hope this makes better sense?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:10 PM

Thanks wabe - I did upload more info to EON :)

1 have 1 runtime - the main one - no outside ones.

The Ship is a Poser item(CR2).

I did try to look at the PZ3 - but Yikes - I can references to the Geom which all match up - so maybe it's something as simple as file names too long - too many of these _(underscores) I have no clue.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:13 PM

file_372021.jpg

Here is pics of the Poser list vs the Vue list once imported.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:13 PM

file_372022.jpg

Here is a list of the poser parts

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:16 PM

Debby, no problem. I only wondered. Strange that Poser is not mentioned in the specs here in the Marketplace. Or is there another source for those ship models (Poser format) than Renderosity marketplace?

I only want, if I decide I purchase it/them, be sure to buy the correct version.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:17 PM

Here is part of the text from the PZ3 that WORKS - using Chair 8 here:

prop chair8

{

storageOffset 0 0.3487 0

objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:Dystopia:Fengs_chair8.obj

Here is text of an item that is missing - an appliance:

prop appliancesFront

{

storageOffset 0 0.3487 0

objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:Dystopia:Fengs_appliancesFront.obj

Maybe someone here can spot something :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:20 PM · edited Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:30 PM

Attached Link: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/store/merchstore.php

Wabe - it's at Poser Pros :) it's in 2 parts.  I have had this model so long & never used it LOL - just like all my other junk.

Duh - forgot to put up a link

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=34942

Here is the link my purcahse history to the one here - I just scoped out the read me & this one is in poser format - hmmmm wonder if the Poser one has been removed?

wabe ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 12:54 PM

Thanks Debby. I had a look into the Readme here at Renderosity as well - looks like a Poser model indeed. Strange that it is not mentionen explicitely.

However, will think about.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 1:02 PM · edited Sat, 17 March 2007 at 1:03 PM

NP :) FYI - the one here is sold in 2 diff. packages as well, in case you buy.

rcr62 ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 1:01 AM

Quote - 1.  Vue is using Poser 6 SDK per EON as of now.

I think this is the point of misunderstanding as it is my recollection that they stated that Vue in final release is using Poser 7 SDK and that is where the problem is.   

If that is true, then your experiment here actually proves the point that it could be in the SDK where the problem is.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." -Desmond Tutu

rcr62 ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 1:06 AM

Found it where they state they are using Poser 7 SDK

It is from http://www.e-onsoftware.com/support/ShowMessage.php?id=1173828184

Initial tests with the objects that users have provided seem to indicate that the cause for the problems with Poser imports may well be connected with the new Poser 7 SDK that we are using in the final release (whereas the pre-release used the Poser 6 SDK). We are working with e-frontier to confirm the problem. We hope to have more information for you soon.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." -Desmond Tutu

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 8:20 AM · edited Sun, 18 March 2007 at 8:23 AM

Thanks for that rcr62 :) The pre-release got stuck in my head for some reason.  I'm still confused though and I've prolly just got a thick head about this.  But if you are using poser 7 wouldn't that encompass the P7 SDK?  So if Poser7 has changed the way the files are written out - wouldn't the item have come into C messed up as well? Since they are still using Poser 6 SDK.

I'm lost now :(

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 8:38 AM

SDKs are Software Development Kits.

They are collections of tools and libraries that allow outside software to use the internals of another software and communicate with it.

What we are seeing here is possibly a difference between the way the SDK for Poser 6 and the SDK for Poser 7 behave.

Carrara is using version 6 of the SDK and can import that object correctly.

Vue is using version 7 of the SDK and ends up with missing parts.

Both SDKs access the same libraries and tools from the same installation of Poser. What changes is the way they expose them to other applications and allow them access into Poser.

I hope this is more clear :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:46 AM

Thanks Agiel - slowly getting a grasp on it :)

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 3:33 PM · edited Sun, 18 March 2007 at 3:38 PM

I also bought Feng's Noodle Shop.  It imports into both Vue 5 and Vue 6 Infinite with the same missing parts.  If I export as obj from Poser 6, the obj imports fine into both Vue 5 and 6 Infinite.  The problem is only when using the Poser 6 pz3 file .  Haven't a clue why though - I looked through the pz3 file too and could not spot anything that looked strange. 

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.