Thu, Sep 19, 4:05 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Broken zip on order 111183878

ctsigounis ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 7:20 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

zipped file wont open - error message:  file skipped unknown compression method.
Natures Fantasy Backgrounds (Natures_Fantasy_Backgrounds_47181.zip

Please advise what i should do next.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 8:33 PM

I have the same in my order too, the zipfile does not let you unzip, its says its not the correct version of winzip, as I have the latest winzip I know the problem is not on my side, my order number is below, I have contacted the vendor also.

Angela (3Dillusions)

Order Number:  111184265

ctsigounis ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:02 PM

i wasnt sure if i had to contact the vendor or not...if you did, thank you.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 10:26 PM

Hi

yes I contacted the vendor and the store help, the vendor has gotten back to me and said to give her a couple of days to sort it out as you also had the same problem so it cannot be our versions of winzip :)

Angela

mendyh ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 10:40 AM

Hi, Ctsigounis,

I am checking on this for you.  When I know more I will repost.  We'll try to get this working for you both as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Mendy Hicks
Renderosity Admin.
"If you want to make God laugh....tell Him your plans!"

Debbie M. ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:23 AM

Hi ctsigounis,

I'm reuploading the zips now so you can redownload them.  I found the license and readme to be giving the first zip problems, so I've rezipped them.

I'll go reset your downloads now.

Debbie M.

mendyh ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 12:44 PM

Thanks, Debbie!

Mendy Hicks
Renderosity Admin.
"If you want to make God laugh....tell Him your plans!"

Debbie M. ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 1:46 PM

You're welcome :)

Debbie M.

ctsigounis ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 11:16 AM

HI Thanks for your attention to this matter....
Please advise where I should go to re-download the new zip.

Debbie M. ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 4:47 PM

You're welcome :)

You can download the new zip from your purchase history.  I've reset your downloads for you already.

Please let me know if you continue to have problems.

Debbie M.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 6:46 PM

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 6:50 PM

Hi Debbie

I have finally been able to get this file that I bought but not without hassles

It seems that Winzip has changed due to windows vista that format is completly differnet from the other winzips what have been released, I am very happy about this and have let the people at staff over at Winzip know exactly how I feel about their sneaky way they have changed this program,

I wil not be the only person on renderosity having problems, with vendors files if they upgrade to version 11 and above. For those of us like myself that have a perfectly working version of winizip and dont need to upgrade it will be a nightmare.

I had to download a evaluation of the newest version of Winzip to my desktop not to wipe out my older version, unzip the files, then put them where I wanted to use them, then have to zip them up again using my version, this is not the way to do business and I am very unhappy about it, if it occurs again with any zipfiles I will ask for my money back

So far its the only product that I have encounter in my buying that has this problem

Angela

Debbie M. ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 7:33 PM

Hi Angela,

Glad to know that you finally got it working.  Sorry to hear about the problems.  I was at Best Buy last night looking at a new PC, and of course they only come with Windows Vista now, and the Manager of the Geek Squad there said that old software is not going to work on Vista :(

Debbie M.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 7:37 PM

Actually lots of 32 bit software will work with Home Vista but the one needed for grahics and rendering will not, that is why I will not upgrade, its not fair I have spent hundreds of dollars here in australia buying products and I refuse to upgrade just because microsoft has a new operating system that in my books is nothing but an attempt by microsoft to get us to use only their products, even the latest virus engines will not work on Vistra, I shudder to think what would happend to all my programs if I migrated them to Vista Pro

Debbie M. ( ) posted Sat, 17 March 2007 at 9:10 PM

Yeah, thats what the salesman was telling me last night.  He said that even some printers dont even have drivers for Vista yet, and the printer company told the customer that it would be quite a while before the driver was available (6-8 wks) or so :(

Debbie M.

ctsigounis ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:53 AM

HI
Redownloading did not solve the problem...however...
I downloaded and installed WinRar and that opened up the file no problem.
This program is available at www.download.com and may be a good solution for others to try for these stubborn files.

Thanks for all the attention to this matter, you can close this case.

Debbie M. ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:59 AM

What version of winzip were you trying with?  This is just strange that it opened for me with no problems.

Debbie M.

ctsigounis ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 3:36 PM

i wasnt using winzip. i was using the unzip tool that comes with windows xp.  it worked on every other file except that one.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 5:04 PM

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 5:06 PM

Yes that would be right as the newest version of zipping has completely changed that is why I had the problem they told me at winzip the format has changed as Vista has, I love XP and my Winzip and will not be upgrading if it isnt broken dont fix it is my motto, lol

I have never used the XP zipping fuction, used the burning function then could not get my cd's to opne that cured me of using windows programs VBG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.