Mon, Oct 21, 8:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: VUE 6 xStream

Warangel ( ) posted Sun, 18 March 2007 at 9:28 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 12:49 PM

Is it actually out yet? If so, anyone tried it? I am thinking of sidegrading. Just wanted to get some trusted opinions first, so came to you all.

Continuumx ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 11:30 PM

Quote - Is it actually out yet? If so, anyone tried it? I am thinking of sidegrading. Just wanted to get some trusted opinions first, so came to you all.

I just got it!  I am C4D user.  Its has brought back the fun again in a cool way.

I used to be a Vue 4 user.  Vue 6 Xstream is lightyears advanced!

nahie ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 12:39 AM

xStream is just Vue 6 Infinite + plugins for other 3D packages. It will render your vue scene as a background and composite your other 3D package's elements into the render. That being said, it doesn't work quite right at this time. And if you think Vue 6 Infinite has problems (memory, etc.) just wait until you try to use xStream...

At least version 6 is sorta usable (I use it with 3ds max/mental ray). Version 5 was totally unusable.

Warangel ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 10:42 AM

Alright. Well I am a new C4D user, but an experienced VUE user. Might have to give a try and let you all know how it goes.

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 5:35 AM

nahie is wrong, it doesn't render your Vue scene as a backgroud, it mixes all elements, Vue and C4d, or other apps in a single 3d scene, with cross lighting, shadowing and reflections inside the host application, which iscompletely different.

Warangel ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 9:01 AM

Thanks Bruno. That makes me a lot happier. I wouldn't want to composite a background. I want to MIX the elements. So if that is what it does, you have made me very happy once again.

nahie ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 9:16 AM

Yes, it will mix the elements, in a way...but the lighting never matches and right now, the 3ds max version has a huge bug where it won't properly cast shadows on objects in both scenes, so it isn't properly integrated 100% like you say.

The lighting is the most difficult thing to work with, because the native objects use the native lighting in your scene and aren't affected the same way by the vue lighting, even if it is supposed to carry over. The lighting is so bad that the final result "looks" like a bad composite.

You can see this even on e-on's demo renders for xStream.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.