Sun, Oct 6, 5:47 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: wardrobe wizard DAT files ?

sirenia ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 1:19 PM · edited Mon, 16 October 2023 at 2:37 AM

Hi, Probably been asked before but what exactly are they ? Am planning to buy the plug in :-) Thanks Wim

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 2:04 PM

The .dat file is what is generated from when you analyze a piece of clothing or prop.  The file is deposited into the analysis folder inside Wardrobe Wizard's folder.  So long as you leave it there, you never had to analyze that piece of clothing or prop again.  Just place the item on the new figure you want to wear it, click "convert to"  and WW draws the data from the .dat file and converts the clothing to fit the new figure.  Takes seconds.

The .dat files are very small and many people share the .dat files from items and clothing that they have analyzed.  What that means for example is if you found a free dress for Maya Doll but don't have Maya Doll in your library, you can't analyze that dress with WW because you need to have the original figure that the clothing was made for to run an analysis.  However, if you know someone who has WW and they happen to have Maya Doll too, they can analyze that clothing item and give you the .dat file. You place that .dat file in your analysis folder, put the clothing on Aiko and use WW to "Convert to", and WW takes the data from the .dat file you have and converts the Maya Doll dress to fit Aiko.

It's a really great program!

Lots of people share their .dat files (I'm one of them). And there is a forum at PhilC's site that has .dat file shares, and a forum where you can put in a request for a .dat file and someone will analyze the item for you.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

sirenia ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 2:17 PM

Oh boy, i know Wardrobe Wizard is a cool program but this makes it dubbel cool !! :tongue1: Thanks Acadia

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.