Sun, Oct 6, 11:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Vampirella's hair

mdbruffy ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 2:28 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:17 AM

file_372480.jpg

I have done several Vampirella pieces over the last few years. Now, I'm trying to update- or upgrade, whichever- the character I've been using. The problem is, that I cannot find a hair that I'm happy with. The "Verella Hair" that I've been using simply has too much curl in it for a true verison of the character.  These clips are from the 2-part story "Vampirella:Blood thirst". put out by Harris Comics. If anyone knows where I could find hair as close to the style used here as possiable, I would greatly appreciate it.

shaft73 ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:13 PM

goto Digitalbabes.com (links on your right.) Kozaburo has long straight hair you might like. Some of the best hair on the market. And it's free!

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 3:50 PM

the one I have is called "druuna hair" (by mazak?), but it ain't as poufy as that. the last time somebody posted some cartoon pix, they deleted 'em. it was an african-looking girl with a scanty skirt thing.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 5:05 PM

Thanks, Shaft73. Found a coupld of possiables. I'll see what I can do with them.

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 5:44 PM

There's a hmann one though I forget if it's from here or DAZ that might work as well.

John

mdbruffy ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 5:48 PM

I'll see if I can find it. Thanks.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 9:50 PM · edited Wed, 21 March 2007 at 9:52 PM

file_372530.jpg

well, I looked and searched and Screen Legend Hair was as close as I could find. and it's not perfect either.  maybe it's because the collar's laying down on this outfit....   The search continues....

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 10:07 PM

What about 3Dream's pony tail? Looks a lot like the top image on the right.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

mdbruffy ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 10:10 PM

I hadn't considered that- guess because it's a "ponytail". I'll give it a try.

jwiest ( ) posted Wed, 21 March 2007 at 11:28 PM

Yeah, Screen Legend is what I was thinking of.  Wasn't at my normal PC, so couldn't think of the name.

John

Tracesl ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 8:27 AM

You may also want to take a look at Sylphiad Hair at DAZ for v3, it has wonderful morphs and flow to it. 

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 3:02 PM

I will. Thanks.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 3:11 PM

Just took a look at Sylphiad hair over at DAZ. It looks good except that it doesn't have any bangs- and Vampirella just isn't Vampirella without bangs. 
 I'm going to try 3Dream's Ponytail tonight and see if that will work. There has to be a hair somewhere that will work.....

amacord ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 6:21 PM

if i were you, i'd take a bit from everywhere: - outer layer and strands from egypt hair, - scalp from paradise hair, - a lot of strands from shag hair, - the bangs? maybe alanis hair would do... - and 3dream textures for all. an awful lot of work.....but promising ;) A.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 9:57 PM

file_372629.jpg

Just finished trying 3dream Ponytail. As you can see in the image, it's close, but no cigar. there's not enough body and the bangs are only in the front.   Found one called "Golder Age" hiar. I'll try it next. If that doesn't work, some kind of piece together deal maybe the only option left.

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 10:07 PM

i would recomend victorias changing ponytail and expansion

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=734

www.oodlesdoodles.com

mdbruffy ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 10:15 PM

file_372632.jpg

bentta-  have you looked at the price of that bundle? $60.00 is a little beyond me right now. Do you know if the one I've circled is available by itself?

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 11:07 PM

Have you thought about using hair layers? ilona makes some fantastic hair layers called Instant Hair. There's like 8 packs at about $7.50 each and each one has tons of different hair styles. Much easier to blend to get the look you're trying for. You can find them in the MP here.

msorrels ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 1:52 AM

You might want to check the Kyra Hair/Kyra Hair 2 available at 3d Commune.  It's pretty close with bangs and lots of morphs.

-Matt

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 4:21 AM

Got Kyra Hair. will try it this evening. Thanks.

Tracesl ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 5:31 AM

How about 
Cecile Hair by OutofTouch & Bice: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=53163&Start=61&TopID=11219.44031.50029.

You also have the just release Erika Hair: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=55046&TopID=11219.44031.50029.&MostWanted=Y

mdbruffy ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 3:36 PM

I'll check them out. Thanks.

elzoejam ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 7:14 PM

The ponytail at daz is about 6 bucks if you join the platinum club :-)

-Sarah

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 12:24 AM

file_372732.jpg

DAZ Wild&Messy Hair for Victoria 3/Steph Petite. An oldie, but I think it's the style you want.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 5:32 AM

file_372748.jpg

I think the New Kyra Hair 2 might end up being the one I'll use. It's not exactly like the style used in "Blood thirst"- see first posting- but it is closer to the way other artists have drawn it over the years.  As for the split in her bangs, I'll just have to add it in photoshop.  Thanks to everyone for your suggestions though. I wouldn't have found this one without your help.

Tracesl ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 2:56 PM

You, know maybe a combo of hairs, Elf Dance is a prop hair that has bangs as a sperate item.  I wonder if something could be done.  Mmmmm.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 5:41 PM

Elf Dance ? never heard of that one. Got a picture? or a location?

Tracesl ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 12:22 AM

Quote - Elf Dance ? never heard of that one. Got a picture? or a location?

It would not work by itselt but I was just thinking out loud and wondering what effect could be had by just using the bangs from it with the use of another hair, if that is even possible. 

ElfDance hair is here: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=53886

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 5:12 AM

Just took a look. Looks far too wild and fantastic to calm down enough to use. But thanks for the suggestion. Like you, Tracesl, I don't think it would be possiable.

Tracesl ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 6:13 AM

May be Daz's Sapphire Hair http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=3434

I just ca't believe there is not a hair to fix! 

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 10:07 AM

file_372889.jpg

Just tried Sapphire hair. It's a bit shaggier than the comics- and the bangs would need work. I"ve never done transparancy maps for hair, so I wouldn't know how or where to start.

Tracesl ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 12:06 PM

file_372897.jpg

Here is the Elfdance bangs attached to Sylphiad Hair as a test to see how it world work.  Realy better than I thought.  

jwiest ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 12:14 PM

That looks pretty good!

John

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 3:05 PM

but can the hair be placed behind her shoulders? Vampi normally wears her hair that way. Only on a really stormy night would you see her hair blown about like that. I don't mean to keep knocking things, but I want to get her as close as I possiably can this time round.
  What I had was ok- she was recognisiable as Vampirella- but that character model was assembled almost 3 years ago - and I know more about things now and Know that I can do better by her.

jwiest ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 5:54 PM

Yeah, Sylphiad hair can go just behind the shoulders...I think I've got a few images in my gallery with the hair like that.

John

mdbruffy ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 6:25 PM

I'll have to take another look then.

Tracesl ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 9:33 PM

remember that is the Elfdance bangs AND Sylphiad hair, I bet the bangs could work with any hair. 

Tracesl ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 9:49 PM

file_372959.jpg

This is Elf Dance bangs and base. As you can see a very well devoloped bangs over the forehead.

Tracesl ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 9:52 PM

file_372960.jpg

In this test I used the 3D Dreams Pony tail hair.  Result is interesting, color is off but as a mix and match not bad. 

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 4:03 AM

file_372980.jpg

But I'm afraid the hair isn't full enough- not enough body and Vampi's bangs are never that messy. I think Kyra Hair still has the lead.

Tracesl ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 4:38 AM

Quote - But I'm afraid the hair isn't full enough- not enough body and Vampi's bangs are never that messy. I think Kyra Hair still has the lead.

It is the best for the look. 

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 2:26 PM

yep. I think that's the one.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 3:29 PM

file_373031.jpg

Not quite. I've got 3 final choices. In the attached pic, The Kyra hair is at the top left as you look at the monitor. The one on the top right is Bobi Hair. The two on the bottom are different views of the two combined.

What do you guys think?

jwiest ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 7:46 PM

I vote for Kyra myself.

John

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 7:53 PM

ok, that's 1, anyone else before I make a final decision?

mdbruffy ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 4:08 AM

file_373100.jpg

ok, This is the final version. The one on the left is the old model that I created 3 years ago. The one on the right is the new one. I want to thank everyone for your help and suggestions. I think I have a much better model now and I'm already making plans to use her.    Again, thank you for the help.

Tracesl ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 5:25 AM

Mmmmm, you know the Kyra hair by itself looks to be the best but the fullness of the 'combined' looks good.  I think using 'combined' could work based on the scene, it has a better shape.

mdbruffy ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 2:21 PM

yeah. I think the overall look of the "New" Vampi is alot closer to the comics now and will work alot better.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.