Mon, Oct 21, 10:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: magazine

infael ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 10:51 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 7:25 PM

Photoshop has a magazine of its own. It'd be really nice if Poser had a mag. Probably be of great help for newbies such as I. :)

Infael, a Poser 6 newbie

fivecat ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 11:20 AM

It would be nice to have a technically oriented poser mag. I've read a couple pdf version poser magazines that come out occasionally. They seem to be focused on showcasing renders and artists, though, without many technical tips. Is anyone else interested in working on a Poser tips newsletter/mag that is tutorial/tips/how-to based with less emphasis on interviews/images? I would volunteer as an editor/contributor. I could do some basic tutorials on composition and graphic design principles that are very applicable to 3d rendering. I don't have page layout software (anyone know of a decent freebie? Not a word processor, but something like InDesign or Quark) or I'd start it myself. Anyone else interested in contributing? Is anyone interested in reading something like this? What would you like to see? Infael, as a newbie, what do you find that you struggle with when using Poser?

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 11:52 AM

Sometimes 3D World has articles and tutorials about Poser, they also give away a lot of Poser content--usually some models in each issues.  Most of these are things I already have, however, but for newer Poser users the free content alone far exceeds the $15.00 cost of the magazine.

infael ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 4:23 PM

3D world? I assume Barnes and Noble has that mag?

Infael, a Poser 6 newbie

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 5:41 PM

There was a magazine put out by Renderosity. Tips, Tricks, and freestuff. It lasted maybe 2 years (?). I still have them, LOL!

Tomsde ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 7:32 PM

They sell it at Borders, it comes from the UK, you can also try Barnes and Nobel.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.