Mon, Sep 9, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Improvements to the Vue Forum - your opinions, ideas, wishes ?

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 12:43 PM · edited Mon, 05 August 2024 at 7:26 AM

I have been mod of this forum for a few months now. It took me that long to really get used to the job :) I know it will be a challenge to fill Guitta's shoes (gebe) but I would like to try and bring new ideas to what is going on around here. So here is my call to you - if you have any wish, ideas or opinions on how we can make this a better place to hang out, this is the right time and the right place. I will leave a link to this discussion in the header of the forum for a while, to give everyone a chance to participate. I already have a few ideas (some are my own and some have been suggested by other members), but I am curious to see what everyone has to say about this.

Greenhorn ( ) posted Mon, 02 August 2004 at 5:26 PM

Maybe a "Secrets & Tricks Thread" every week where people can post their latest revelations and epiphanies? I always come up with an idea that runs into problem where I spend most of the project trying to fix the problem. At some point and this is the best part the problem is solved and the project moves forward with a lesson learned. These lessons could be shared with others .

rodluc2001 ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 3:28 AM

i agrre with Greenhorn but i hope in a "restyle" for the Backroom (i know is very time expensive...) with links at the interesting tread forum (Secrets & tricks, benchmark experiments, Vue and others, ecc.). In forum we have many solutions and great consideration... lost in thousends of treads and with only the "poor" search engine to discovere infos... mantainance of backroom would be hard, but will be very useful. Luca.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 6:38 AM

I think you have been doing a great job. Yes, it is hard to fill Guitta's shoes, she really knew her job. But you are different and you will fill this and are filling this postion in your way.....I commend you for your efforts and great work. Sharen

Djeser ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 10:30 AM

I think you're doing a great job, agiel. I think the backroom needs to be updated drastically...but rather than you doing all the searches for threads, you could start a thread for people to post links to helpful threads, so you'd only need to compile them. (or someone else could do that) All in all, I think the forum atmosphere is very good and everyone seems willing to pitch in and be helpful.

Sgiathalaich

sacada ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 8:39 PM

Agree, you are doing a great job. It would be good to catagorise the threads (like Hints and Tips, Models and Freebies, Competitions, Help, Newbies, Issues, ...). I don't know if this is possible as you are limited by Renderosity's choice of forum engines. Another way to do this is to create a thread of categories with pointers to each of these other threads and then a URL of all of these on the top banner (like the way the 'Name to a Face') thread has been built.

vlad69 ( ) posted Tue, 03 August 2004 at 11:43 PM

Well ive been here for a short time, and i like the way you manage the place. Of course the idea of a "Tips and Tricks" post every week could be good. And all the post of that section could have a link in the header of this forum just like the link to the "Vue Forum FAQ". Hey what about making some kind of virtual interview to those great master of Vue, what i mean is that for a week in a month you could invite someone to be questioned about his/her work and to share the knowlage, we could make question that could be ansewred this trought the week posting. -Vlad

TheWingedOne ( ) posted Wed, 04 August 2004 at 7:32 AM

I agree with the others, agiel. You do a great job as a mod and I'm very happy having you here. :) Since the tips and tricks/backroom topic has been discussed already I'd like to throw in some other sugestions regarding the forum itself. 1) How about a possibility to mark a thread, so you get email notifications about new postings without posting yourself? 2) A link named "quotation" in each posting's header would be very useful. This way you can quote parts of a posting more easily. I don't know how easily/difficult these features can be implemented, however I saw them on various other forums I'm posting and they've been very useful on various occasions. Cheers, Phil

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 1:05 AM

Hi agiel, I am a little late, but thats how it is sometimes. I agree with all of the above, you do an excellent job here. Without forgetting Guitta of course. My suggestions. How about a birthday calender for the "members?" Similar to "a face to a name." Or some more technical orientated workshops/challenges. Beside the monthly one. Like a workshop "Create a new plant in the plant editor" for the Pro users. But not a tutorial, a more discussion orientated one. That ends in a collection of freebies maybe. Or other workshops like "skies", "water", "modeling", "animation" etc etc. But again, not just another tutorial. I would love to have discussions about specific themes more often. All those workshops could be guided by members of our little world. If we can find enough people who want to share there knowledge and/or time. Another idea is to ask people to write "how have i done this one." To explain step by step how they created an image. Maybe the winner of the monthly challenge for example, or the Hot20 guys. Or whoever. Last idea so far is a thread similar to " aface to a name." I can see another one like that "a place to a name." To post photos (and infos) about the areas we all live in. Or simply the office/room where all these images are created in. Or places that influenced the artwork of the people here. Enough for now - i blubbered much too much already. Ciao, Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

FearaJinx ( ) posted Thu, 05 August 2004 at 7:49 PM

Just my two cents: Your doing an awesome job as Mod and I hope you stick with it!

agiel ( ) posted Mon, 19 March 2007 at 1:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2660914

For future reference, I am adding a link to the 2007 wishlist thread.

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Tue, 20 March 2007 at 5:18 AM

Hi,

My main issue is the backroom, a lot of the links in their do not work. It could be an extremely valuable area for newbies and experienced users alike, but when most of the stuff is not working makes it a little difficult to go back in their.

Cheers
Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 4:58 PM

How about a search function for previous topics?

agiel ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 5:03 PM

I'm not sure to understand what you are suggesting. If you look at the backroom, there is already a search function, preset to take you to previous topics in the forum. How is that different from what you have in mind ?

MRX3010 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 9:23 PM

A bit more advanced with filters, just an idea. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.