Mon, Oct 21, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:28 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Ogre smash clothing JP's!

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 1:40 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:27 PM

file_171104.jpg

I'm making an original, from scratch character and a couple of conforming costumes that go along with him. The left shoulder (lShldr) of these conforming costumes is causing me some trouble. It goes all wacky, but only at certain poses. The left side of these conforming figures are cut exactly like the right side, the JPs are mirrored, so they are the same on the left as they are on the right...but the problem does not happen on the right side. And the more I bend the lCollar, the more room I have to bend the lShldr before it goes wacky on me.

It's very strange, and I was wondering if anyone has run into this before. I am using a phantom neck (which I think I have set-up properly), and maybe that has something to do with it.

Anyone have any ideas?

ScottA ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:54 AM

I don't really have an answer for you JK. But I can confirm that this is a "Conform" related problem. I've seen this a hundred times. You might want to check the lines in the lShldr of the .cr2 and see if setting the initvalue to a value of 0 helps. I think that's how I fixed Bloodsong's horse blanket. ScottA

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 10:23 AM

Thanks Scott, I'll try that.

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 7:00 PM

heyas; you know what? this happens on the left rear fetlock on my horses. are the arm ik's off by default? try turning them off (in both figures, and by default; not after loading.) i dont think i ever figured out why it twists up like that. i do know if you tap the body part with the tools, it usually straightens out. sorry, but the best i could come up with was a note on the bug and how to tap it and fix it. you dont have to move the body part when you tap it, just... tap it. (i usually use the move tool; maybe its a magic wand or something, i dunno.)

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 7:18 PM

The IK on the arms is off by default...but perhaps, since it's conforming, I should just delete the IK chains from the cr2 completely. I was also thinking of parenting props to the "phantom" body parts I am using and see if any of those look funky and have anything to do with this.

At least I know someone else has had this problem and it's not just me. Looks like I have some things to try out tonight...after I get home from work (and after I clean my apartment...some inspector is coming tomorrow to check for cockroaches or something).

Thanks.

JKeller ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 12:06 PM

Well, nothing I tried fixed it but I did find out why Bloodsong's magic-wand works. I only get the warping when bend (zrot) is used, but if twist (xrot) or front-back (yrot) is used at all, even at 0.001, the warping goes away. Tapping the part with the rotate or move tool would make a slight enough change in twist or front-back to make this happen.

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 5:20 PM

:🤷: :) can we say 'poser funny sometime'? ;) (sorry, that's a vue thing.)

JKeller ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 6:27 PM

Yes, we can say that...but only in a burly ogre voice...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.