Tue, Oct 22, 1:04 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Is it Worth upgrading to Vue6 Pro Studio over Esprit

StealthWorks ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 4:09 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:02 AM

Hi 
I have VUE6 Esprit and have really wanted to have the eco systems. I could buy the individual module but was wondering if it was worth getting all the modules by going for the Pro Studio version. Has anyone upgraded from Vue6 and been happy with all the extras? 
Also as an aside, I have a dual core processor - does Vue6 Esprit make use of two cores or do I have to get the HyperVue module to allow use of more than one processor on the same machine (actually does HyperVue allow you to even do this or do they have to be phyically different machines?)
Thanks for any help

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 4:21 AM

You should see the comparison chart over at e-on to see if it is worth upgrading. I used to have 5 esprit, and after a while, I felt I needed more control over lighting. I then bought the LightTune module, and this was really worth it, so many more features that can change dramatically your renders. To create my own plants, I then decided to buy Botanica, I ended up buying them all!
Now there is an Ecosystem module and a Hypervue module. It's really up for you to see what you really need. But chances are, you'll want them all. If you get the ecosystem module, and want more control over the ecosystem materials, chances are you'll want to get the Deep Access module too ( or is it called Advanced browser?), so if you can afford the big leap to PS in one shot, go ahead, at the end it is cheaper, if you can't, buy modules one by one, a bit more expensive, but  you do it at your own pace.

JohnnyRoy ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:16 AM

Only you can determine if all of of the functions are required but I started with Vue 5 Epirit and eventually bought all of the modules to make Pro one by one. Since it's cheaper to buy them all at once, I would say if you have the money go for it. Each module gives you more capability that you will probably want anyway as your projects grow and become more complex.

I eventually upgraded to Vue 5 Infinite because I couldn't live without ecosystems. The fact that you can get them with Vue 6 Pro now is great. Of course now that Vue 6 Infinite lets you paint ecosystems, you will eventually want to go all the way. (it's addictive... you have been warned) ;-)

One other reason to buy Pro instead of the separate modules is to get a Pro serial number. I don't have one because I bought the individual modules and whenever I install my upgrades it prompts me for my Pro serial number (which I don't have) and it takes a few days of email exchanges with e-on just to get the software installed. This is a major hassle that buying Pro will avoid.

~jr

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:24 AM

Johnyy, when I sidegarded from V5PS to Infinite, all I had to do was enter all the separate modules serials one by one upon installing Infinte. Is it different with Vue6?

keenart ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:48 AM

You might also consider whether you want 32 bit versus 64 bit software, especially if you are going to create large eco's.  Everything below Infinite is 32 bit, that and above is 64 bit.  So if you need the network connection and the large eco's you might go for Infinite over Pro. You need to compare the cost of upgrading from or between each to see which would be the best route financially.

jankeen.com

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:58 AM

I run Infinite on a 32bit system, with a brand new pc ( dual core, 2gigs of ram), and it runs smoothly, as long as I don't have too many poser figures.
As much as I'd love a 64bit system, I can't set it up! Bought Xp Pro64 but I can't install it , though I split my HD in 2.

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 8:31 AM

What's XP64 not doing, bruno? Or what kind of error message are you getting?

StealthWorks ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 5:10 PM

Hi
Thanks for all your replies - must take a look at infinite and see whether its worth putting the extra in. Too many choices !!!!

haegerst ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 5:18 PM

Be sure too look very deep into infinite or you end up like me - bought Vue 6 esprit, then botanica, ecosystem and lighting module - now thinking about the infinite sidegrade...   ;)

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

JohnnyRoy ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:45 PM

Quote - Johnyy, when I sidegarded from V5PS to Infinite, all I had to do was enter all the separate modules serials one by one upon installing Infinte. Is it different with Vue6?

Hmmm... I didn't try entering all of the serials one by one. Perhaps that would have worked. I have Vue 6 Infinite up and running now so all is well.

~jr

craftycurate ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 12:19 PM

The other key thing to consider is that Vue 6I has the Ecosystem v2 technology, whereas I think the Ecosystem addon for 6 Esprit (and maybe Pro Studio?) is the older v1 technology but you'd need to check that out.

e.g. in v2 Ecosystems you can paint ecosystem objects with a brush, which gives more control over object placement.

Richard

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 4:45 AM

Yep, no painting with the ecosystem module.

Gini ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 7:42 AM

Having started with Esprit4 then Esprit5 then 5Inf and nor finally 6Inf I'd say if you can afford it yes go for 6Infinite. The more you get into it the more you'll want the built in extras. I'm glad I did even though I'm not what would be called a 'power' user.

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

craftycurate ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 9:38 AM · edited Thu, 05 April 2007 at 9:39 AM

I started with Esprit 5, then ummed and ahhed about whether to upgrade to Infinite, and I haven't regretted it FOR A MINUTE. 

I couldn't do without a lot of the advanced features now e.g. the ability to tweak rendering parameters more, the Open Ocean function, the Ecosystem painting and so on.

But at the end of the day, the question is "What do you want to do?" - your answer to that will determine what you need to buy.

hein ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 11:51 AM

After I upgraded to V6 Esprit, I also bought the the Ecosystem plugin, Infinite did not fit in the  budget. I already owned Botanica and Lighttune (bought those when I upped to 5) , with the final release of 6 E-on changed my 6 d'Esprit into 6 Pro Studio. Can't complain about that bit of customer service :)) 

BillyGoat ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 9:48 PM

I was over at e-on today, looking at V6 and when I added the eco system it kicked me over to V6 Pro Studio. Twice. I don't need the Pro version.

I just wanted V6 esprit + eco system. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,
BillyGoat

hein ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 12:21 AM

You can buy Vue6 with just Eco, but you will have to buy them seperate.Buy Vue6, close the deal, wait for the serial (you need that to buy a single module because it's licence is linked to your Vue6). After that you can buy the modules separately.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 12:37 PM

Thank you hein!   I can't find a price for the V6 Eco system. Can you tell me the price?

The sidegrade from V5 (which I hate) to V6 is only $129.  That's a good deal.

hein ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 11:19 PM

Attached Link: Ecosystem

Ecosystem is $99 , use the link and click the [buy] button at the topright of the page. You will only get a serial number. The module is already included in your Vue download package , look in "Vue 6 Install/Modules/" .

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.