Sun, Oct 6, 9:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: APPLYING MATERIALS TO ALL OF A FIGURE IN 1 CLICK???

Lully ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 5:53 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 7:22 AM

Can it be done like in DAZ where you select what you want?

I keep going round in circles and think I'm going mad!!

Simple question, and probably a newbie question :/

How do you apply materials in the mat room in poser 6 to all of the figure's mat groups, eg, take v4 and apply a blue tone mat file to every part of her.

I see there is a shift-click facility but i can only get that to work on the wacros which i never use

I bet this question has come up before, sorry but i tried to look and got totally confused with one thread that was talking about group tools and had nothing to do with the mat rooms, lol

Ta for any help you can give :)

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

vince3 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 6:43 AM

no you can't basically, the quickest way is for you to apply the material to one part then right-click in the material room box, "select all" then copy that, then apply that to the other parts by selecting parts with the picker tool then just pasting that material you copied (right-click-paste) to the bits you want the same, works out better really as things like eyelashes look terrible with a solid material on them.

Lully ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 6:47 AM

Thanks Vince, i will give it a go, :) looks better than what im doing right now lol
Click - Click - Click - Click - Click - Click - Click - Click - Click - Click - Click - Click - Click - :(
One up on daz, i think they had a multi selection nearly 2 years ago when i used it, maybe i should go back to that programme lol

Tools:- Win10, Dell XPS8900, ZBrush, Marvelous Designer 11, Hex 2, PSP8. PSP 2019 Ultimate, DAZ Studio, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer, Filterforge 11, flowscape,  Classic UVMapper, and several headache tablets. 

Lully ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 6:58 AM

I cant get it to work, right clicking int he mat box doesnt bring up any menu to select all, oh well I'll carry on clicking :(

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:07 AM

file_373762.jpg

It should work.

Here is a screenshot.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Lully ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:14 AM

soz i was in the simple part, not the advanced bit, it works :D thanks guys!!!

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:20 AM

After you select all, I believe there is an "apply to all" in one of the drop down menus in the tool bar.  However when you do that you apply it to the eyes, teeth etc.  So it's better to pick each part and "paste".

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

amacord ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:22 AM · edited Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:23 AM

in addition to acadia's screenshot...after 'select all' r-click again and select 'apply to all...'. edit: crosspost....

Lully ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:32 AM

Cheers, ill give that a try, its not just vicky im doing it to but all the clothes as well and they will be entirely one mat file so that will work well for those, vicky i have now done and saved as a pose file so that wont be a problem in the future, :)

Lully ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 7:34 AM

**YES IT WORKED!! 

thankyou 
thankyou 
thankyou all,

this has been a headache for months with me and my right index finger can now rest, lol. :D :D me happy bunny!!!!**

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 8:13 AM · edited Tue, 03 April 2007 at 8:18 AM

there is a free python script that can be put in wacros that will give you a dialog box that you can copy a material from one zone to another or several at once.

http://www.ralf-sesseler.de/d3d/

choose your language.

go to "Freebies", then "Poser Python Scripts"

currently it is at the top of the list with a big black and white icon that says Copy Material Poser 6 Python Script.

Personaly i perfer ShaderSpider, but thats not free.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Tirjasdyn ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2007 at 4:11 PM

Also once you apply to all...resave the material to the library...name v4blue or whatever...and select the whole material option (I forget what's actually called).

Then the next time you use it will apply it to the whole object automatically.

Tirjasdyn

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.