Mon, Oct 21, 10:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Help Please.

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 4:57 PM ยท edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:23 PM

I have made models using Michael before but sometimes i just cant sort out the textures maps. I find the head map, and put it on the head map bit , then change to the body map and load that. But most the time, the body map doesnt fit the body properly or the other way around ,then when i click the apply to whole figure box,the head has that map as well. Its really confusing me please help. Thanks in advance. Dwight.

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:27 PM

When you have 'apply changes to whole figure' checked, any texture you chose for that particular material will be applied to every material that figure has. A good way to do it is like this:

Select one of the materials that is inlcuded in the head...such as skinHead. Have the 'apply changes to the whole figure' box checked and choose the head texture you want. Now, immediately uncheck the 'apply changes...' box or any changes you make are just going to change it for everything. Now, select your body materials: skinBody, fingernails, and toenails (and the other ones if you have the naughty bits visible) and assign the body version of the textures to these.

Most people name their texture maps appropriately, such as johnHeadTX.jpg and johnBodyTX.jpg, and you should as well. Generally people use TX to mean 'texture,' TR for 'transparency,' and T for 'template.'

Hope this helps.

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:32 PM

Thanks for the speedy reply. Ill have a go straight away.

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:34 PM

Do you know where i could find any Free Michael Textures , i have a few . Thanks again

JKeller ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.joelegecko.com/

Best ones, IMHO, are right here

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Mon, 14 May 2001 at 5:42 PM

Thanks again for your great help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.