Fri, Sep 20, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: How Can I Fix This

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 8:40 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 4:57 AM

Hello All

Every time I start up my VUE 5 Easel I get this message:

Last time you used this application, it terminated with an unexpected error.  This error could have been caused by an incompatibility between the application and your system or other applications running in the background. In order to limit risk of such incompatibilites, it is recommended that you enable the compatibility mode.

Then I am asked if I want to enable compatibility mode, I select yes and then I get a message saying:

**VUE 5 Easel-eon has encountered a problem and needs to close.
Vue worked fine for me until I had an extra hard drive and new graphics card installed. Can someone help me out Pleeease.....

Thanks

jfike ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 9:20 PM

I can't help much, but I do think they should add a message when you are in compatibility mode that says something like "undo compatibility mode."

I would guess you need to concentrate on that new graphics card.  Do you have the latest drivers?  Which card is it?

jc ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 9:26 PM · edited Fri, 06 April 2007 at 9:27 PM

Assuming you're not on a Mac, you can turn off your graphics driver (temporarily) and see if the problem goes away. If so, you know you need a better driver (from your display card manufacturer).

Right-click on the desktop background, select "properties > settings > advanced" and look for a tab that shows "Hardware acceleration" and a slider. Turn the slider all the way down (left). Windows and your programs will now be very slow. See if Vue still crashes. If not, suspect your display driver software. Then turn the slider al the way to the right again.

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 9:45 PM

Thanks jfike and jc.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 10:21 PM

If  your running in Open GL preview mode change to Wire frame preview and see if that works.

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 10:43 PM

It worked when I turned the slider all the way down but how do I get it to work with the slider all the way up?

jc ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 10:58 PM · edited Fri, 06 April 2007 at 11:00 PM

That (pretty much) proves you have a problem with your display driver software.
So, you have to go to the web site of your display card manufacturer and download/install their latest driver. Be very careful to get the right one for your operating system and display card model.

If you are already using the latest one, either it got damaged and you need to install the same one again, or it has bugs and you have to drop back to the one they offered before the latest one.

Also, for VUE, youll want to use the "OpenGL" setting of your driver, not the Microsoft "Direct-X" setting. Nowadays you get both types of driver together as one package. D-X is usually for games and OGL is usually for pro graphics.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.