Thu, Sep 19, 5:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Suggestion Box

Welcome to the Suggestion Box Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic, msansing

Suggestion Box F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:59 pm)

This forum is designed for suggestions from the community on how you feel we can improve Renderosity.

Subject: Possible to have a Beta Tester forum?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 10:37 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 2:26 PM

I would like to see a forum where those interested in serious Beta Testing could post. They would post what software they have, what characters, clothes or other models they would do Beta Testing for. Then we vendors could come in and check it out, find the testers best suited to our needs and contact them by IM. They would need to be able to have a check box for when they would be active and when they need to be inactive (like when on vacation or ill). Keep it strictly for listing and not have comments posted there. Sure would beat trying to get testers by asking in the forums like Poser Forum or Product and Showcase. Too often our requests get lost in other postings. I'd be interested in hearing what other vendors think of this. :)

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 2:51 PM

at one time I think they had a list of beta testers, but i can't find that info since the switch to the new site software.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 11:14 PM

I do testing for a merchant here on Rendeosity to make sure her products work in DazStudio, and I think its a great idea :)

Angela

LuLeLuna ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2007 at 9:29 AM

I think  a Beta Tester forum is a great idea =0) I sure could need some tester for my product sometimes..

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2007 at 11:13 PM

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2007 at 11:14 PM

If you need me to test in Daz Studio, please let me know, take a look at my DazStudio gallery so you can see my work :)

Angela  (3Dillusions)

Boofy ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 12:16 AM

I have often seen things for beta testers but dont know what is involved, I have an idea for a budget spreadsheet for users to track thier expenditure that I would like tested and having a place like this forum would be good to find out how to do this....or if any here can IM me on what to do or if I can help test anything check out my gallery and let me know. Jenny

Tiny ( ) posted Mon, 07 May 2007 at 4:01 PM

I also think a beta test forum would be good.
Right now I'm looking for someone to test objects with dynamic hair in Poser 5, 6 and 7 and variuos computer setups.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 09 May 2007 at 11:25 PM

Soooo, quite a few of us think it's a good idea...hint, hint. :)

RealDeal ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 12:13 AM

Anything ever happen on this? I've got something I'm finishing up, and need a P5 tester. thats working on the assumption that P7 will open P6 stuff, of course.
I have a copy of p5 laying around, but don't have a computer to put it on.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 1:29 AM

Guess it's still on a back burner.

I'm hoping they do give us a special forum for  this.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 11:56 PM

If we all get down on our knees and say, "PLease, please." will you consider a Beta tester forum? :)

Tiny ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 8:38 AM

Wanted to bring this back to attention. 😄

I need a couple of users to test products with encoder/decoder RTEJava.
Complete noobs are especially welcome but everybody can join!

Mac/Poser user with Poser 5, 6, 7 (you don't need all versions but I need one of each).
Win/Poser user with same as above.

You need to own any of the following basic products for it to work:
Noggin's rat (at daz) or
American Bighorn (Content Paradise)

If you are interested or want more information send me an email or PM.

MirageBay ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 7:54 PM

I've decided to create a Beta Tester Database on my site.  I'm in the process of changing my site, and it will probably be a month until it's finished, but if anyone is interested I'll post the link when it's done.

I'd also like to hear from vendors regarding what they'd like to see covered in the database, i.e., what's important to you when looking for a tester?  These are the questions that will be included for a tester to answer.  I'll also need a list of products, such as V3, Miki, etc. so that vendors can search for testers that own the product they need tested.

Any input would be greatly appreciated:)

Tiny ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 8:25 PM

That is an excellent idea MirageBay!

I'd like to see
Computer specs and maybe sorted in PC and Mac etc.
Applications testing requires, Poser, Vue, Bryce, and so on and the versions.
Groups of "testing area" or similar. You may need someone to test installers, a new figure, software, add ons for existing figures, etc.
Level of experience with computers, the applications, modelling, animating,  and similar.
Maybe I, as a tester, can have an option being "available" or not at the moment. Not having to be deleted from the list if busy.

It may be hard to list all objects.  But I don't have any good ideas how to solve it.

MirageBay ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 8:45 PM

I can create as many databases as needed and link them together, such as one database for products requiring Poser & Daz Studio, one for products requiring Bryce, Vue, Carrara, etc.  My first order of business is a database for vendors needing testers for Poser and Daz Studio.  I can always add more and update them when needed.

My goal is to have a tool that allows a fast, easy search for anyone needing a tester, and an easy-to-use questionnaire for testers to complete, rather than having to type all of the information you can think of and hope that it applies to someone!  lol

Thank you for your suggestions!  I'm keeping a logbook of all suggestions so that I can implement them when I start.

Tiny ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 3:02 AM

Sounds perfect.  😄

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.