Fri, Sep 20, 11:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: A good graphics card for Vue?

fuzzoom ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 7:21 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:35 AM

I need to upgrade my graphics card.  My current card is ATI Radeon 9200 (64MB).  It's 4 years old and outdated.  Could anyone suggest a good graphics card that would work well with Vue?  $150 or less?   Thanks!

Trepz ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 7:56 PM

Doesent take much.I  currently have a generic built in card and run Vue 6 Infinite with no problems. I suggest the Nvidia 5 or 6 series for your budget.

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

JohnnyRoy ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 6:08 AM

The graphics card is only used in OpenGL preview. All rendering is done by your CPU so we are realy just talking preview quality/speed here. I have an nVidia 6800GT and it works well with Vue 6 Infinite. This card is in that price range.

~jr

chrispoole ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 2:11 PM

Get the one with the best OpenGL performance you can afford, not easy nowadays as they are all setup up for DirectX.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.