Mon, Oct 21, 5:06 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Newbies, lost and confused

AnnieD ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 12:02 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 9:10 PM

Hello members,

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place [forum] but here goes anyway.  I'm new to renderosity.  I became a member last year but didn't start to use the site until a couple of months ago.  I am a new Daz Sudio user/artist. I started a few years ago using PSP and  then found Poser and downloaded Daz and found I really liked it.  So, I've been trying to teach myself to use Daz and become familiar with all it can do.  

Here's my real point...I have a couple of galleries set up at other places online.  It's hard for someone who is new to these sites...so easy to make mistakes and do or say the wrong thing....although no one has ever accused me of being timid..I am when it comes to offending people unintentionally.   THIS site is the only one that has made me feel welcome and the people here are so nice when they come to see something I've done.   

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who is a member of this community for the way you all treat people you  don't know...for the way everyone has made me feel like part of this community even tho I am just a beginner and full of questions...It's the encouragement I get here that makes me want to keep trying to be better and better and learn as much as I can.

Thank you all!

AnnieD

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 12:22 AM

We're glad to have you here AnnieD! I agree, we have some excellent, helpful members here for sure. 👍

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 9:01 AM

I second that we are glad your here and our members are very helpful :thumbupboth:

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 11:32 AM

welcome, annie. there's a d-s forum here, and also a critique group in the poser forum, for those wishing help in creating and composing images. the part about offending - what I've found is that some folks are too quick to take offense, and as you noted, some sites are worse than others. this site is rather welcoming and supportive IMVHO, although there may be some who would be quick to take offense at my last assertion :lol:

AnnieD ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 2:09 PM

Thanks!

I'm still finding my way around but I'm for sure going to check it out.

I am not easily offended, but I know that some ppl are and I just don't want to do it out of ignorance of rules or protocol..ya know? 

y'all have a great day!!

Annie

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2007 at 11:49 PM

**Welcome Annie!

Cute avatar! And so nice to see another Studio user. grin**

SGT2005 ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 6:07 AM

Welcome aboard AnnieD.

sgtprotex1@netscape.net

University of Pheonix Alumni 2008
AA Criminal Justice Degree
BA Criminal Justice Degree

Currently study in Parapsychology

MRX3010 ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 2:07 PM

pearce ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 6:04 PM · edited Thu, 12 April 2007 at 6:07 PM

"..the people here are so nice.."

You really should have been here a couple of years ago. They're an unregulated, coarse, brutal, insolent, juvenile, artless rabble now in comparison.  Goodness me, I recall the OT Forum, where you could hardly get a post in for people going, "After you",  "No, After you ma'am",  "No sir, I insist, after you..", and so on and so forth.

How times change, usually for the worse!

Jani (jumpstartme2), our moderator, will remember those days;  "Loosen up!", she'd say,  "This isn't the Ladies Home Journal; express yourselves people!", she'd say.

O tempora, O mores

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 7:32 PM

yeah, those were the days. it was like queen victoria's afternoon tea party :lol:

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 7:59 PM

:) lol

Welcome to Renderosity Annie. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 12:19 AM · edited Fri, 13 April 2007 at 9:31 PM

Quote - Jani (jumpstartme2), our moderator, will remember those days;  "Loosen up!", she'd say,  "This isn't the Ladies Home Journal; express yourselves people!", she'd say.

:lol:

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 9:30 PM

8 )

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

bonestructure ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2007 at 11:50 PM

"You really should have been here a couple of years ago. They're an unregulated, coarse, brutal, insolent, juvenile, artless rabble now in comparison.  Goodness me, I recall the OT Forum, where you could hardly get a post in for people going, "After you",  "No, After you ma'am",  "No sir, I insist, after you..", and so on and so forth."

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.