Tue, Oct 22, 9:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: OT: Have you worked with any of Project Dogwaffle

jhustead ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 5:15 PM · edited Thu, 17 October 2024 at 2:06 PM

I saw an advertisement the other day for a program called PD Particles which is supposedly used for creating hair, fur, foliage, and etc. I went and looked at the web page for this product and it looked like it would be pretty useful during postwork for the things listed above. Tell me your thoughts on this product and if you've never heard of it go take a look and let me know what you think. It's a pretty good deal for $19 I think.
-James

PD Particles http://www.thebest3d.com/pdp/

pitklad ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 5:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/free/index.html

Thanks for the link!

I looks usefull especially that part to use it for natural backgrounds and tposer plants...

there is also a free version 😉

My FreeStuff

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 6:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pixarra.com

Also, take a look at Twisted Brush - very similar and also has a free version

Gill

leehilliard ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 1:04 AM

i use it occassionally. it's great for foliage. it also has some great filters. definitly worth a try in my opinion.

jhustead ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 8:42 AM

Thank you all for your input & the links to the similar software.

-James

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 10:16 AM

Is there a reason for one to get this over photoshop?

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

gillbrooks ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 4:45 PM

Quote - Is there a reason for one to get this over photoshop?

Price ???

Gill

jhustead ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 4:59 PM

Quote - Is there a reason for one to get this over photoshop?

I own Photoshop 7 but I just thought it was pretty interesting how the brushes worked. I think another plus is that you don't have to make your own brushes or buy brushes because this one has them already designed to work with foliage, hair, and etc.

leehilliard ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2007 at 4:30 PM

there is a free version gil .the full version is reasonably priced though. there's  big difference between dogwaffle and ps. starting with the interface. i've seen really incredible digital paintings that were made with it.i would say it's a real good idea to take a look at the site. 

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 5:12 AM

cs 3 may bring changes, but as far as i know ps doesn't do particles.  at all.  with dogwaffle, you can paint grass, foliage, water flowing, sparkles.... and animate it.  i also don't think ps does any animation to speak of.  image ready does animated gifs, but i don't think it has real tools, like the particle physics built into dogwaffle.  nor does it naturally come with different media, or a palette where you can mix colors.  basically, i think they're entirely different programs with entirely different strengths and weaknesses.

the free version of dogwaffle is several versions behind the full version: 1.2 to 4. i don't think it even has layers.

personally, i've not dared to take on dogwaffle, because this is just a hobby and i already know and use photoshop for work.  but it's always been appealing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.