Mon, Sep 23, 2:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: Conforming Clothing and Scaled down Figures

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 11:22 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 2:27 AM

I have need of some thoughts and experiences perhaps. I am creating a figure using M3 scaled down to roughly 50% of default size but have ran into a problem. I have gotten annoyed due to the fact of clothing not working right. I have tried to scale it down to match but no luck in getting to desired effect. So here is the question...(drum roll please)

If I conform say M3 body suit to figure first and then scale it should or will that make the clothing fit better?

procchi ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 11:32 PM

Here's my suggestion It works on V3..

After the clothing is conformed, PARENT it to the M3 figure..

Then scale M3 - and the Child items all scale simultaneously.

magoo ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 11:33 PM · edited Sun, 15 April 2007 at 11:34 PM

load M3, load the selected clothing item. conform the item to M3. then with the clothing
item selected, go to "Figure/Set Figure Parent". scroll down to M3 and select "Body".
click ok
repeat for as many items your conforming to M3. once you've got everything conformed
and parented. then select M3/Body and scale him down to 50%. all the conformed items
will scale down with him and pose accordingly.  8-)

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2007 at 11:47 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Parenting does indeed do the trick, a similar example (hair, wings, boots on V4)
link goes to nudity...
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1420512

My Freebies

Ares_Designs ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 10:11 AM

thanks all been a big help

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 7:45 PM

You can't conform scaled figures. You just scale the item and then apply the same pose to each. COnforming and scaling when IK is involved isn't really compatible.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 9:09 PM

Quote - load M3, load the selected clothing item. conform the item to M3. then with the clothing
item selected, go to "Figure/Set Figure Parent". scroll down to M3 and select "Body".
click ok
repeat for as many items your conforming to M3. once you've got everything conformed
and parented. then select M3/Body and scale him down to 50%. all the conformed items
will scale down with him and pose accordingly.  8-)

Duh!  I just learned something new!!!! I didn't know that!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 10:28 PM · edited Mon, 16 April 2007 at 10:29 PM

Sorry, I thought you were scaling various individual body parts when I posted. :)

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.