Fri, Sep 20, 12:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Export Render to Photoshop

Torleon ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 4:09 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:38 AM

Advise please from anyone. When I render a scene in Poser ( usually a single figure ) and saved as a high res - 300 dpi.psd file, when I open the same file in Photoshop, the file size is 72 dpi ! Am I missing an important stage here ? Using Poser 7 and Photoshop 7, any advise appreciated.

Morgano ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 4:56 PM

300dpi is a printing resolution, rather than a display resolution, so I suppose that Photoshop defaults to 72dpi, when displaying any file created with a higher resolution..  The render should retain the higher resolution for the purposes of printing.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 4:58 PM

dpi in poser is unimportant. two things that matter when exporting to photoshop are: 1. set render size to required pixel dimensions that will give a good print 2. export as uncompressed tiff file set dpi in photoshop after retouching and adding sigfile or logo.

Torleon ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 5:36 PM

Thanks, will look into that Athough as a full time illustrator I am used to the high res files, and have had no similar issues moving files across from other programmes.

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 5:54 PM

Just a note:
Do you have Poser 7 AND the SR updates installed? Before the first SR, Poser 7 would not export a render over 72 dpi. That has been fixed.

~ Meow ~

Torleon ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 7:31 PM

Thanks for the heads up re the SR Update. That sounds like it will fix it ! Cheers.

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 6:25 AM

You're very welcome :)

~ Meow ~

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.