Fri, Oct 4, 11:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: New member, newbie question

jotronic ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 11:31 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 12:02 PM

Hi all,

I just bought Poser 7 for a project I am working on at the office. I wanted Poser anyway because I want to learn more about 3d modeling but I have a question regarding my immediate project.

I work in a cosmetic surgical office and our new website is going to be very videocentric and I wish to design an animation that represents the surgical process. There is a website that has done something similar to what I want to do but I wish to make this several magnitudes of quality higher but I don't even know if Poser and do something like this. I suspect it can but as I'm just learning (and having a really hard time so far) I want to make sure I'm not wasting my time.

The site that has what I'm wanting to improve upon is here...

http://www.hairlosslearningcenter.org/hair-loss-content/restoration-physicians/our_physicians.asp

Click on the drop down menue under "multimedia gallery" and choose a subject. The specific video I wish to emulate and improve upon is "how transplants work".

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Zarat ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 12:09 AM

You can do it with Poser and some other apps to edit the video.
But if you don't know what you do it will be no fun.

Take an simple human figure that comes with poser and apply some pose to it at maybe frame 30. Then go through the frames and do fixes to the pose if needed. (to avoid abrupt changes in pose)
Go to frame 60 and apply another pose to the figure, check the interpolation again and make movie at very low resolution.

Thats the easy part about it. The problematic part would be the animation of the surgery.
Prolly there is no way around modeling and painting skills to let it appear realistic compared to the standard figures.Even after a few weeks practise and with very good skills it would be difficult as soon as you reach the point where you have to create your own content.
Besides this, the movie with 60 frames will need quite some time to render on a high end machine. The movie of this site you refer to would take really long to render with high quality and acceptable resolution. 320x240 is not the way.

So... In the end it's not a good task to start with if not familar with the software you are using or will have to use.

That's my opinion. I wish you good luck tho. :)

Robo2010 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 12:09 AM

I checked out the website, and Poser is the program to do such things like what you are asking for. It is not like your asking to make a whole 2 hour 3D action movie, then the answer will be "no". But from what I seen, Poser is the choice. If you need assistance I or even others are willing to help with the higher quality. I never made a video yet, but for graphics I can help.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.