Sat, Sep 21, 3:04 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Post ANYTHING!

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:09 AM

file_375425.jpg

Yeah those infrared shots are really wicked! I would love to try that out sometime but i don´t have any filter...ooooh oooooh...but i do!!! I just remembered that i got me a Hoya IR-filter for my Canon Powershot Pro1!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Although i´d like to use it on some leafy trees and there are none here that has leaves on them yet. Still naked and ugly. :sad: "Naked and ugly"...you don´t see those two words in the same sentence all that often do ya? LOL.

Here´s a few more crappy shots from my end of the world.....

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:09 AM

file_375426.jpg

One of Elin....and i can see why she wouldn´t like this one. :tt2:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:10 AM

file_375427.jpg

One more of her....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:11 AM

file_375428.jpg

Here´s a few of another model who also thinks they are too ugly to show to the world.....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:12 AM

file_375429.jpg

One more....

Can you understand why i´m thinking about giving up my studio-photography?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:15 AM

file_375430.jpg

One last of Elin...for now at least. I don´t want you guys to be sick of her too, lol.

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:17 AM

file_375431.jpg

My hometown at night....me live 15km outside this place though....4 shot-pano....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:18 AM

file_375432.jpg

Lofoten....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:20 AM

file_375433.jpg

And finally a tree standing in the fog....

Have a great weekend everyone!!!! 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 8:08 AM

Some lovely shots Andreas. The drop and tree especially. BJ

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 9:27 AM

I believe the models' opinions on the  shots are off base...nothing  ugly about those studio shots. The dark shadowy first shot of Elin could be improved with a touch more light on shape of her face but is still a good shot.  Keep the studio work!    Just my humble thoughts.       Tom.

inshaala ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 1:46 PM

file_375469.jpg

as i have said before she needs a reality check ;)

well - LillianaSapphire asked in my upload what the bubble shots would look like in colour... so here my shot i uploaded yesterday in colour... which do you prefer?

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

BibbyBear ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 1:55 PM

Much prefer the B&W personally speaking Rich ..... although, this is a very nice shot using a rich colour, so this too would have probably gone down as well in the gallery. But then hey, I'm no expert! xx

"I don't suffer from insanity,
I enjoy every minute of it."
:lol:
CCCD Photography 
CCC Dezynz

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:12 PM

I personally prefer the colored one myself. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

TwoPynts ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 6:06 PM

I like both, I'm no help, heheh. Way cool photos Andreas, it is always a tree to view your ugly model and other shots. ;'P Yes Tom and BJ, that is another IR photo. It was rather monochromatic so i adjust the hues in spots to give it a bit more zing. I wonder what Elin would have thought about a photo like this Andreas? 8^D

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 8:42 PM · edited Sun, 22 April 2007 at 8:43 PM

file_375617.jpg

Nipped trees.  This is not a gallery image...figured you knew that already. : )  We had lovely trees gaining leaves and flowers starting to bloom...then a cold snap hit.  All the azaleas are gone..the yellow poplar trees have brown leaves all over and only a few green ones. We are in hope the trees can make it and refoliate.   Butterflies are flying around looking for blooms and finding very, very few.    

This is the top of a 60 foot yellow poplar...several in our yard like this.  We will wait and see!

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:28 PM

file_375662.jpg

Some bubble magic to help push through page 38.  ![](http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/art/emoticons/sneaky.gif)

First shows the water drop still tied to the surface of the soap bubble as it passes through.

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:30 PM

file_375663.jpg

The second is the water drop just as it breaks free from the surface.  Bubble magically still intact. 

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:33 PM

file_375666.jpg

And kiwi juice au lait.  actually just some green food coloring.

Soap bubbles rock.

Mike

inshaala ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:06 PM · edited Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:10 PM

file_375668.jpg

here's a few of my outtakes with different "phenomenon" happening... i even had one with a "column" just stretching from the middle of the down to the water level..

Rich Meadows Photography

inshaala ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:07 PM

file_375669.jpg

drops within

Rich Meadows Photography

inshaala ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:09 PM · edited Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:10 PM

file_375670.jpg

and just to prove that drops really dont break bubbles here is another setup i had going with a white background and smaller drops - i thought if i ever posted this one i would call it schumacker levy impact or something ;)

Rich Meadows Photography

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 2:47 PM

file_375677.jpg

LoL! Great bubble droppies you guys. I've got nuthin right now, I'll just post another IR cow shot.

Radlafx ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 4:18 PM

file_375683.jpg

Wadya fink bout dis?

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

Radlafx ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 4:30 PM · edited Mon, 23 April 2007 at 4:31 PM

@Rich. Do I see a face in that 1:07PM pic? ::Edit:: AAUGH!! I just realized its an ALIEN!! (with a backpack). @ Mike. That last shot is really weird (in a good way). It needs a little straightening though.

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 6:49 PM

Arrggg, I cant escape the dreaded wonkyness curse.  But it looks as though it runs a little in all of us.

@Rich, first shot is very cool.
@Kort, what a coincidence, I live on Cow Creek Road.  Weird huh? 
@Tom, feel for you on the trees, my big oaks are finally starting to fill back in after the hurricanes knocked most of the leaves and branches off a couple of years ago.  Hope you have better luck.

Mike

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 7:37 PM

Thanks Mike..appreciated very much.   Those bubble drop shots are good stuff.      Tom.

Kort is likely to give us another vericose veins shot in IR...living where he does, lots of those legs to shoot...Kort, please don't do it!

Rich...this bubble drop stuff leaves me in the outside looking in...nice shots.  I have to sometime join the bubble drop club.

Radlafx ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 10:25 PM · edited Mon, 23 April 2007 at 10:26 PM

file_375702.jpg

Anyone for a marshmallow?

Radlafx ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 10:53 PM

file_375703.jpg

Great photos everyone. Here is some fire to lighten things up... And evaporate all the water.

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:56 PM

The bubbles are really fun, he's right there is an alien trapped in one. This is a really fun thread and I'm having a great deal of fun here. BJ

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 7:54 PM

Thanks for the marshmallows, Radlafx.  That alien bothered me and the fire is good stuff to cure that!    Rich has an alien there...never realized they were so small but likely they are everywhere we have a faucet.     Tom"Dart.

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 5:02 PM

We spent the day at the beach yesterday! It was warm and sunny. As the sun started to go down, dreaming with the baby cuddled up, I was dreaming of those marshmellows. BJ

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 1:26 PM

file_375925.jpg

Here's a shot I find dreamy, especially after eating hot, drippy marshmallows. ;'] Blue Springs State Park.

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 7:25 AM

file_375987.jpg

My bubble has burst.  After 500 or so drops I finally caught one breaking.  Now what?

Rich, I had no luck with the polarizer filter.
Kort, I have been to Blue Springs many times but never after a hard frost. COOL
Any sea COWS in IR.  Or do the IR rays even make through water?

Mike

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 7:33 AM

Speaking of IR, aren't these filters pretty expensive? Got any suggestions?       Tom

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 8:26 AM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 8:26 AM

file_375989.jpg

Nice Mike, it reminds me of a glass bowl! Sorry, no sea cows on this trip...just missed them. I've found most water to be very reflective when it comes to IR so no, I would say the IR rays don't penetrate very deep. You can see in this photo that you can see just below the surface, but a foot or so down it become impenetrable. @Tom, the R72 filters are resonable ($30 eBay), and the favorite of most people because they let a little normal light reach the sensor, thus allowing you to set your white balance and play with some false color schemes. It depends a lot on the camera though. My most recent image have been taken with a Wratten 87 filter, and they are more costly, ...though you can approximate their effect using unexposed slide film, though the optics are questionable.

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 9:50 AM

file_375992.jpg

Tom, an attempt at IR with the R72 filter.  Cow Creek Road.  No cows, but Little Cow Creek runs under the road where the road dips in the center of the pic.  I bought my filter for about $33 including shipping from .

Mike

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 9:54 AM

Very cool Mike. Looks like a windy day, how long was your exposure and was the the colors straight from you camera? I usually edit mine...they come out of the camera with a purple or reddish cast from the Wratten 87 modded camera and reddish from the R72 on my oly as well.

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 10:22 AM

Kort, its about a 6 second exposure. Some breeze.  It is tinted red out of the camera, I used http://www.pbase.com/dlarson2/ir_work_flow post.  It uses a channel mixer layer to switch the blue and red.  I was trying to catch some car movement during these pics, thought it might come out like a long night exposure on a street.  All I got were a few with  some very small bright streaks and didnt blur the pictures more than normal. 

Mike

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 10:29 AM

Thanks for the link. I'll have to try shooting cars sometime...I know it makes people look like ghosts at 6 seconds.

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 12:29 PM

file_375999.jpg

And from the other direction, trying to catch the blur of a car.  Bright streaks that start just below the mailbox on the right to further down the road.  Car was in the frame for most of the exposure.  6.5 secs, iso200, f5.6, 11am.  Probably needs to be on a busy street about noon or a truck carrying a load of palm trees.

Mike

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 12:52 PM

file_376001.jpg

That, or have a friend drive a car VERY slowly down the road for you. ;'] Here is one taken from the car's persptive, with a shutter speed of about 1/250 or 1/500.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:19 PM

file_376003.jpg

Nobody asked but I'll show you anyway -- trying to get this thread to 40 pages, almost there! The leaf with water drops from my recent gallery images in IR. Nothing too exciting.

newleaf ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 2:25 PM

file_376006.jpg

Just playing, so I will help out

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 2:50 PM

file_376008.jpg

Thanks Pat, lovely play there! I'll just play around a little too then. for the cause. :)

Radlafx ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:22 PM

file_376012.jpg

More marshy's

Radlafx ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:29 PM

file_376013.jpg

Temp-plate.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:30 PM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:31 PM

file_376014.jpg

Thanks Dovid. And because Marshmallows and Vader go together like peanut butter and jelly... ;'] EDIT: luv your MAC

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:35 PM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:36 PM

file_376015.jpg

...and because every "Post Anything" thread needs a Foldnak M2 (booklet maker)... EDIT: **YEAY!** The M2 broke into page 40! *::does the happy dance::* :thumbupboth:

Radlafx ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:38 PM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:39 PM

file_376017.jpg

:lol: Who needs a bonfire when you could use a lightsaber. Thanks, its the 17" ALS (introduced May 2005). Time to upgrade. Edit: I'm still in page 39.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.