Sun, Oct 6, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Victorian Shoe Continued - WIP

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 6:34 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:34 AM

file_375397.jpg

well, I made progress on the victorian shoe we talked about last week or so ago....  Here's a progress shot.  If it is close to what you guys/gals had in mind, I'll start UV mapping it :)  And, yes, there's still the sock to be done!

Or, perhaps I should have posted this WIP in our new freebies forum :D

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

tainted_heart ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 6:38 PM

Wow! That's excellent! Can we see a front and back view too?

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!! 

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 7:05 PM

All I can say is...WOW!!!

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 7:26 PM

file_375404.jpg

Wow! That is beautifull. Incompreble.

I showed them to my friend and she made these notes but I think you should go with what you want to see. She said above the knee stockings were more typical but I think the below the knee is better for renders so... anyway she said the curve on the heel of the shoe upper would continue down into the hard heel placing it also a little more in... she said heels now have a steel post but back then the solid wood heels had to be set more into the arch... she said the toe tip would have been a bit longer as well but she said your model looks terrific, the forms and proportions are great.

I think it looks great!

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 7:28 PM

Oh. She said the way you did the pieces of the upper were good and the proportion of the eyelet placement too.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 7:31 PM

Simply fabulous Conniekat! :thumbupboth:

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:17 PM

Awww, thanks guys and gals, you're way too kind!

Thanks for the input on the form, that was wonderful and just what I needed!!!!!. I had the hardest time with the heel, and for some reason wasn't seeing what was wrong... One of those things that happen when you look at something for too long.

Same with the toe, I was looking at various models of the shoes and some toes were longer, some were shorter, and I was unsure what to go with.... With the longer toe, the proportions look a lot better! I'll make those adjustments.
Few more views coming right up!!

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:17 PM

Very, very, very nice!!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:29 PM

file_375412.jpg

here's a screenshot with few more views, before making the suggested adjustments. There are still some little tweaks and refinements I'll probably make... Like shoelaces, I need to fit them a tad better and finish off a bow.

There are some minor imperfections in the boot, trying to make it look little more worn, where the boot starts conforming to the foot, rather then brand new with perfect lines. I think most of it is noticeable in the front view... 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:32 PM · edited Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:33 PM

file_375415.jpg

Shoelaces detail... like I said, they still need some refinements in lacing them up. now off to fix that heel and toe :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 11:24 PM

Wow, that's a gorgeous shoe.  Great work. 

Ummm, who is the freebie going to be made for though??  Just curious!! 😉

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Anniebel ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 1:35 AM

Looks excellent

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 2:46 AM

WOW!  Thanks for showing the WIPs. Very impressive... it has a realness tha really comes through... things like the top edge are just outstanding for the feel. The way you follow the "wear" of the shoe is outstanding... my friend loves looking at the signs of wear in costume since it is a trace of the actual historic person...

vilian ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 4:22 AM

Awesome!
May I ask for which figure is it going to be? Personally I'd love to have a pair of those for Aiko ;)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

amacord ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 6:46 AM

hi connie, i would like to try my luck with the heels. would you kindly send me the sole as .obj? pls find my adress in your site-mail box... ;) A.

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 9:00 AM

Conniekat8 - Amazing work!! Your modelling is fantastic, can't wait to see them textured.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 12:57 PM

I'm modelling the shoe to fit generic V3 right now.

When I complete that I may be able to adapt it for other figures... depending on how much time I have. But, for those whom may wanna try yout hand at rigging or adjusting or adding other maps before I get to it all, once mapped, I'll let you guys have the plain OBJ as well...

I have a website where I'll host it, and will make it available through rendo.

Since I'm no expert ar rigging and actually publishing a final model, those of you that end up trying it, when the time comes I would be very appreciative of feedback on what went well, or not so well once you try it out :)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 1:00 PM

V4 and Aiko would love you to pieces Connie!! 😄

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 4:33 PM

file_375485.jpg

here it is after revisions!   I couldn't resist but to play with coloring a litte. Now the UV Mapping :)

Anniebel ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 4:46 PM

Am itching to texture these LOL

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

Coleman ( ) posted Sat, 21 April 2007 at 5:08 PM

Fantastic work!

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 22 April 2007 at 3:28 AM · edited Sun, 22 April 2007 at 3:34 AM

These shoes are lovely, and would great for Period Costume as well as Victorian Goth and maybe Gothic Lolita too. ^^ Speaking of VG, I was drooling at some Victorian Goth online stores this weekend: 8) http://www.artofadornment.ca http://www.raveneve.com http://stores.ebay.com/re-incarnated bB

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:03 AM

file_375631.jpg

Thank You Alll..... :) I have the major texturing and rigging done, still a few details to clean up... Here are few more progress shots, rendered in Poser, w/firefly Sorry, I'm in love with a two tone texture at the moment... that is easily changeable :)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:04 AM

file_375633.jpg

another view

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:06 AM

file_375634.jpg

and another view of my upcoming FREEBIE :P  coming soon on rendo freebies :P:P:P

judith ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:13 AM

They look great!  And for V3, an added bonus!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

Anniebel ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:34 AM

Oooh these look awesome, would it be possible to have the texture map template, while waiting for them, please - if you have one ready that is.

Helen Keller

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:49 AM

Unbelievable. Excellent work!

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:30 AM · edited Mon, 23 April 2007 at 1:31 AM

Wow! Wow! Wow! Connie!  Those are spectacular!

I don't texture very well, but I'd love to try my hand at a texture for these too :)  As newbie as it may be, hehe

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 4:53 AM

wow.  that was fast.  and they look incredible.  the only vote i have is for them to be separate props that inherit bends rather than conforming figures.  that way, iirc, the toes bend but they're easier to fit to different figures.

you should let arien see these.  i'd bet she'd love them, and then she might put them in the texturing queue.

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 6:27 AM

Conniekat8 - You are brilliant, I can't believe how good these look, & now with the textures! You could really sell these in the market place. I know alot of people will want them, it's great that you'll be offering them for free after all the work you've put in. What a star!

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 7:39 AM

WOW! I'm really impressed kat! Really nicely done. :D

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 8:42 AM

Good job, well done.

Comitted to excellence through art.

momodot ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 9:20 AM

WoW! Such a sense of physicality and "drape" of leather! Great texturing to. Really wonderful work!

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 10:51 AM

May I add my kudos to the list? I am amazed at the level of realism you have achieved here!! Brava, Connie!

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 11:15 AM

Awww, you guys and gals, thank you so much :D  I'm, um speechless. I'm so glad you like it!

Some of you may already know that myself and couple of my friends are sort of a wannabee vendors... so this is one of the practice runs to make sure we ultimately offer a decent quality product...

To answer a few of the questions here...
I will let you guys have a texture mapping template... Seeing how it rendered yesterday, I need to make a few tweaks before I consider it done.

Right now the boot is conforming to V3, but it has bones of it's own too, so you can turn off the foot and toe portion of the figure, and pose the boot however you like it.  I decided to go that route because V3's big toe just doesn't fit pointed shoes well, and I didn't want to make the boot's toe look really deformed.

Sorry if the preview images look too dark (well, they do here on my office monitor) on my home monitor they looked just right...

bnetta ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 11:46 AM

lovely , lovely.........can't wait.
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:22 PM

Oh, yeah, I forgot the mention, I still intend to put some more real looking stitching on the boot instead of the grooves that are there right now. 
I ran out of time last night to finish that part of the texturing. I couldn't wait tor it to be finished, I was itching to post couple more WIP's... Especially since it may not be before the next weekend that i get to do more on it...

and, thank you all again for wonderful and encouraging comments here :)

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:40 PM

OMGosh..now that is talent. Excellent job...I do not know how to brag on your effort, since most have done so.  

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 12:51 PM

Perhaps you consider making the shoes Smart Props, instead of conforming characters. It would be much easier for you, and it would make the shoes more compatible for multiple characters. -- just a thought. ^^

bB

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 2:51 PM

sounds like it may be a good idea :)
... makes note to get more familiar with ins and outs of smart props... :)

tainted_heart ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 3:43 PM

Quote - Perhaps you consider making the shoes Smart Props, instead of conforming characters. It would be much easier for you, and it would make the shoes more compatible for multiple characters. -- just a thought.

Don't forget you can export a conforming shoe as .obj, import the .obj and you have a prop prop which you can parent it to a figure. Then you can save the shoe to the props library, making it a smart prop.

It's all fun and games...
Until the flying monkeys attack!!! 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 28 April 2007 at 7:55 PM

Okay folks, I'm done tweaking the UV mapping!   For those of you that want the unrigged mapped shoe in obj format with accompanying texture map template to try your hand at texturing it yourself, please send me a message or an email and I will give you a download link.
Once I get it all rigged, It'll be available through rendo freebies... I'll announce it in a freebie forum when ready :D

Anniebel ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 12:30 AM

Quote - Okay folks, I'm done tweaking the UV mapping!   For those of you that want the unrigged mapped shoe in obj format with accompanying texture map template to try your hand at texturing it yourself, please send me a message or an email and I will give you a download link.
Once I get it all rigged, It'll be available through rendo freebies... I'll announce it in a freebie forum when ready :D

What does unrigged mean? Will the UV map change after it has been "rigged"? 

Thanks

Helen Keller

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 12:48 AM

Quote -  

What does unrigged mean? Will the UV map change after it has been "rigged"? 

Thanks

According to widipedia, it's the process of adding a skeleton or a central framework which gives the  capability of affecting the shape or movements of that object.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 3:11 PM

In addition to acadias cool explanation, in this context I used unrigged to mean 'not a conforming poser prop just yet'. To answer the second part of your question, at this stage the UV mapping will not change once I turn it into poser's conforming piece.

I just thought since few people in here expressed the desire to play with making the textures for the shoe, I'd let them have it now, rather then waiting till I get around to putting it 100% into poser. Depending on how many errands and other things I ave to do this weekend, I may or may not finish the'rigging' before the weekend is over.

HorseFeathers ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 3:36 PM

**Conniekat8,

I would love to try my hand at texturing your wonderful boots.  My Mom has a collection of Victorian shoes I might be able to get some good photos.  I will have to figure out how to use the PM here though.  **

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 3:46 PM

Two ways to PM someone :)

Click on their "homepage" below their name in the forum.  Scroll down and you will see 2 boxes. One for Site Mail (PM) and one for email.

Or you can click "Site Mail" at the very top of this page, and then paste or type in the person's name you want to send a site mail (PM) to.

When you have a message waiting for you, you will see it in the upper right of your screen above the right side menu.  Click on the "1 new message" and then in the drop down menu pick "in box" and then click "GO" to be taken to your messages.

HorseFeathers ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 6:39 PM

Thanks Acadia. You are very good at explaining things. 😄

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 8:30 PM

oooh, perhaps my bad in assuming people know how to send a message here.. If anyone else would like it, and email is easier, please feel free to email me at conniekat8@yahoo.com :)

Anniebel ( ) posted Sun, 29 April 2007 at 10:00 PM

Thanks Connie, sent you an email.

Helen Keller

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.