Tue, Oct 1, 9:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Python Script for Tank Treads

Lord_Garland ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 8:14 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 7:35 PM

I am planning on starting work on a Russian T-34 Tank for poser.

My problem is animating the tracks. I have heard that some one on this fourm was working on python script for tank treads. This might be VERY helpful to me.

I've searched the fourms for it but I've had no luck finding it.

Any help in this matter would be just wonderful.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME.

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 11:05 PM

Ooh.  A script to implement VK's variable rotation centers would be neat....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Touchwood ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 12:39 AM

Don't know about a python script but there is a site that might be helpful to you as to how to calculate track or wheel rotation to prevent skidding. http://www.hybridculture.co.uk/animvehicle.htm Might be a good starting point.

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 1:07 AM

Helgard already did one!  The JAGDPanther at vanishingpoint has animateable treads!  First ever on a poser vehicle!

Contact him and he might help with some tips on how he did it!  The JAGDpanther at VP is a freebie!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Lord_Garland ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 11:55 AM

Thank you all. Hopefully this will turn out.

If so I can start work on a T-34. :D

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 3:25 PM

file_375288.jpg

theres a few threads about this  - use the search paramters as shown in the picture above and it will help you find them. 

Helgards also worked out a way to make anmated tracks in vue - so don't set the forum filter to poser. 

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

Lord_Garland ( ) posted Mon, 23 April 2007 at 7:28 PM

Thank you all for your help.

ranman38 ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 8:59 AM

Good luck, it is a blast, (not really) but Helgard is the best at helping you through it. The morphs are old hat to me now, the coding, not so much.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.