Sat, Sep 21, 6:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Not able to smoothen MakeHuman character in Poser ?

Mannixman ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 3:54 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 1:33 PM

Newbie alert !

I'm trying to import a character I posed in MakeHuman into Blender as obj. That works fine as far as I can tell.

The problem arises when I want to render. As the body is quite edgy I used the set smooth key and in the Blender work windows this seems to work good.  However, after rendering only the face seems to be smoothened.

So, are MakeHuman characters just a base where I would have to add more faces etc to round the features of the body or is there something I don't know about ?

oldskoolPunk ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 8:55 PM · edited Tue, 24 April 2007 at 8:56 PM

In object mode, go to the editing panels (F9) and  add a subsurf modifier. I think this will give you the results you want.

Mannixman ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 4:29 AM

Thank you oldschoolpunk. 

That worked well. After the first try I on level 1 tried level 2 subsurf which got even smoother results but also taxed my system a bit.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.