Fri, Oct 4, 1:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Poser 7 freezes on startup

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 12:45 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 1:30 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I just upgraded to Poser 7. I have a 2.8 GhZ, with 2 GB RAM, running XP Media Center Edition.
When I tried to start Poser 7, it opens then freezes when it gets toi a brown screen with what looks like a running man. After about 15 minutes waiting for it to unfreeze I have to restart the computer because the end process command on the task manager down't work.
I have tried several times, and get this every time.
I've tried it both with and without ther new service release.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

semidieu ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 12:49 AM

Did you try a clean install ? As the preview use OpenGL, are your graphic card drivers the latest ?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 2:46 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

OK,  it appears that it was a conflict with the firewall that comes with AOL. When I disabled that, it started right up with no problem.

I did a quick test render of a somewhat complex scene I previously built in Poser 6, and it rendered it in about the same amount of time as Poser 6 did, so P7 appears to be at least just as good as P6 if not better.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

PJF ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 3:50 PM

>>"OK,  it appears that it was a conflict with the firewall that comes with AOL. When I disabled that, it started right up with no problem."

I hope you have another internet firewall solution in place, wheatpenny; otherwise you'll very soon have much more serious problems...

Zarat ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:29 PM

Disabling the firewall is a source of much and lasting fun, yep...
Better get you a different one asap. One that allows you to assign rules based on applications.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 11:59 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

I also have Norton internet security, so I could afford to turn off the aol one.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.