Fri, Oct 4, 1:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: V4.1 updaters

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 8:30 AM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 1:25 PM

Do these have to remain on your desktop in order to use V4.1? I hate a lot of desktop icons.

My Facebook Page

Rorsdors ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 9:19 AM

I’ve been through the Daz forum and I gather you can delete them but will need to run  them if a later product doesn’t do something that I couldn’t understand, this update had been a headache and a half. Run them though then delete them, they are only short cuts to the .bat files which are in the !Daz folder in the poser library folder. That’s my understanding anyway

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 10:16 AM

I was just coming here to start a thread on this V4.1
Sounds like a load of ball ache to me!!!
I've read the FAQ's over at DAZ about this and I'm still non the wiser about why they've done all this, seems like they've confused the hell out of what should be a simple "use V4" process!!!
I updated and wish I hadn't quite frankly, luckily my old V4 is still there!!

Makes my G2 and Miki 2 girls look better all the time!!!

Sorry if I'm a dunce for not understanding it but I reckon I'm not alone!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

iloco ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 11:29 AM

You not alone thefixer.  I am through with Daz charcters with all this kind of bull.  I can see its more for the D/S people than poser.
 What use to be simple now have to be a rocket scientist to install what was a simple model. :)
Not using it unless they make it simple like V 4 or V 3. :)

ïÏøçö

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 11:36 AM

I'm trying to figure out how to convert my existing V4 based characters, clothes etc. to V4.1. Tried a few things but no success yet.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 11:52 AM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 11:53 AM

sealtm2, no you don't have to, but you're going to have to track down the programs they point to if you ever get a V4.1 morph package that you need to install.

cspear, your clothes should work with V4.1 without any changes.  To convert your existing characters, simply save their poses (with Morphs Checked) and then load up V4.1 and apply them to her.  All existing textures, character packages, and morphs will work with V4.1.

The problem for those of you "sticking with V4" is that future morph packs and characters for V4.1 will not be compatible with V4 if they use this new ExP bull.

I'll tell ya all, this is one of the dumbest moves I've seen DAZ make.

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Darboshanski ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 11:58 AM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 12:00 PM

Well, my old V4 is still installed in one of my external HDs. I haven't tried clothing 4.1 yet but she does take textures with no problem but from what I can understand she hould be able to use all the V4 clothing if not I will be quite upset.

In truth I could care less about muscle morphs this wasn't the reason I got the update it was more for the change in eye geometry. I deleted the updaters from by desktop and 4.1 loads without a problem.

It seems that Daz is now communicating in some form of hieroplypic cycle babble. If this is some type of way to get foks to switch from poser to D/S I'm afraid it is not going to happen with this guy.

My Facebook Page

Mogwa ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 12:31 PM

I wish DAZ would do away with the installer utility altogether and just put everything in a zip file. It would certainly make life a lot easier.

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 12:41 PM

The installer has nothing to do with the current fiasco.  You'd sitll have to run the stupid batch script that processes the character and morph files after installing.

¤~Giolon~¤

HeRe ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 12:46 PM

What that is only for a horrific dung with the V4.

I have installed the update 4.1. I see no Morphs only one figure with an idiotic bikini.

Now I have everything what I about the V4 has thrown from my harddisk and remains with the V3 and the fantastic G2 figures.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 1:00 PM

HeRe, the original V4 should still be in your library.
Installation of V4.1 doesn't overwrite V4!!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 1:23 PM

"fantastic G2 figures"? I loaded Miki2 up for the first time last night and thought
"ACK! I grabbed one of Sixus1's trolls by mistake!!"...."no, it says Miki2....ACK!!!"
I had nightmares all night long....

Ya, V4.1 is turning into a real pain...but I think the idea is to get rid of the huge size that the CR2 was becoming with so many morphs and all pre-loaded....haven't had time to mess with her yet myself but someone told me the V4.1 CR2 now is only around 1.2Meg before loading any morphs. Still don't understand by we have to batch convert things though....? perhaps because of all the complaints surrounding INJ/REM they thought they'd try something different????
Still, for me it beats being forced into the face lifted P3/P4 people they call G2 any day.
And will someone please make a paper bad to stick over Miki2!!!

HeRe ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 1:57 PM

TheFixer: This is not correct - the new V4.1 can not work in the same Runtime-directory as the old V4 see (http://artzone.daz3d.com/wiki/doku.php/pub/faq/content/victoria_4/start)

HeRe ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 2:00 PM

Igohigh: Yes fantastic G2. Kelvin, Sydney, Jessy work without problems by me.

I have only much problems with the catastrophic V4.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 2:05 PM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=57491

Well it's working in mine HeRe, I can assure you! I have V4 and V4.1 in the same folder, in the same library and the same runtime [P6].

This quote from a DAZ Mod [Skondris] in their forums, link to the thread attached!

*V4.1 won't overwrite your old Victoria 4.0 CR2's, in case you still want them for any reason.

However, you will want to allow the installer to install Victoria 4.1 to its default location to insure that all the supporting resource files are properly located and updated, etc.*

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

HeRe ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 2:38 PM

TheFixer: I have not try it - I read is on DAZ3D.COM in the FAQ:

• *Q: Will Victoria 4 still work if I install Victoria 4.1 into the same Runtime folder?
    A: No need to install Victoria 4.1 to a separate runtime. In fact, it may cause you problems if you do, and then don’t realize what else needs to be done. V4.1 won’t overwrite your old Victoria 4.0 CR2’s, in case you still want them for any reason
  • The V4.1-update must update in the same directory as the POSER.exe - my V4.0-installation was in a external runtime-directory.
    My V4.1-update will not work. I can not see a morph for the V4.1

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 2:55 PM

The desktop shortcuts (or the batch files to which they point) are needed on Windows* only if you get a product which uses the ExP system (that is, new morphs or figure set ups - not just a character which uses the morphs from the ExP sets) or if you uncheck the initialise option in a DAZ installer. It runs once to build the injection files for all of your currently installed morphs and then goes unused until you or an installer next have occasion to run it. Poser users (at least prior to Poser 7) need to have at least the Runtimelibraries!DAZ folder in their default library.

Once you've got the files installed and have run the updater if needed V4.1 should behave just like V4 - no rocket science involved.

*Mac usrs need to run the utility by hand unfortunately, and there do seem to be issues on at least some systems.

Gongyla ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:51 PM

This is the end of V4.

HeRe ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 5:04 PM

**Gongyla:**This short statement meets it to 100%!!

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 5:11 PM

HeRe: I just tried both my V4 and V4.1 in Poser 6 and both work fine, just thought I'd let you know!!
They were in the same scene together, what's with that bikini though!!!!  [lol]

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:22 AM

Quote - It seems that Daz is now communicating in some form of hieroplypic cycle babble. If this is some type of way to get foks to switch from poser to D/S I'm afraid it is not going to happen with this guy.

Not going to happen here either. More and more Daz seems to make it more and more difficult to use their content with Poser.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:27 AM · edited Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:28 AM

Quote - The desktop shortcuts (or the batch files to which they point) are needed on Windows* only if you get a product which uses the ExP system (that is, new morphs or figure set ups - not just a character which uses the morphs from the ExP sets) or if you uncheck the initialise option in a DAZ installer. It runs once to build the injection files for all of your currently installed morphs and then goes unused until you or an installer next have occasion to run it. Poser users (at least prior to Poser 7) need to have at least the Runtimelibraries!DAZ folder in their default library.

Once you've got the files installed and have run the updater if needed V4.1 should behave just like V4 - no rocket science involved.

*Mac usrs need to run the utility by hand unfortunately, and there do seem to be issues on at least some systems.

Thanks, but I will simply pass on this .  I use Windows and Poser and not about to change anytime soon.
I have no intention of anything Daz in my barebones eF Poser 7 Runtime.

If this is Daz's New Way of the World, then I will not be buying into it.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

vince3 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:13 AM

G'day Fixer!!

i haven't got my update yet, so haven't tried it yet, but was wondering as i have been tidying up my runtime, into A3 stuff, V3+V4 stuff etc......., whether you have been able to move the updated V4 to a different folder (all neat and tidy like) and if it still works, just noticing that default location bit in your post, whether that is gonna be a problem for me to tidy it up like i have been doing.

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:18 AM

Hi Vince, Currently I have both V4 and V4.1 in my Poser 6 runtime/library/Figures/people/DAZ People.
I don't use multiple runtime, I prefer the sub folder route and they are both in the same sub folder and work fine!

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

vince3 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 4:55 AM

cheers fixer

yeah mine are sub-folders too not extra runtimes, i just stuck all my v3 "character" library stuff together and v3 "pose" library stuff together etc....so everyone has there own folders now. and props that are in the "character" library have their own folder now too, makes it so much easier to find stuff now, just can't believe that it actually worked for me!! no probs yet anyway. 

just got my "props" library to tidy up now, which at the moment takes about a year to scroll through, so it'll be good to tidy that lot up. might need a couple of "WTF is that thing anyway?" folders for me "props" library though, as i don't think i can catagorize all of it. other than that it should just be "earings" and "swords" folders, and a "not earings or swords" folder! (that where the temples go)

off to try and persuade V3 that she needs to "share" her swords with V4 now.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 7:50 AM

Why not simply take a Text Editor and Write the Exact Path??????

I made my own external runtime folder and expanded everything in to it.
I then took my favorite Text Editor and changed
"ALL INSTANCES" of readScript ":Runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4: to this: readScript "J:Daz Runtimes:!Victoria_41:Runtimelibraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4: "This is the Path to where I have made my v4.1 External Runtime." Yours will differ no doubt.

Results:
A.I have No "!Daz Folder" in my eF Poser 7 Main Runtime

B. The totally Bloated, overloaded Exp V4.1 loads in 50 seconds.

C. Maybe someone can come up with some way to dump all the unwanted morphs?????

Note: You will have to Edit The INJ Muscle Morphs Path the same way, if you have them.

Quote - The desktop shortcuts (or the batch files to which they point) are needed on Windows* only if you get a product which uses the ExP system (that is, new morphs or figure set ups - not just a character which uses the morphs from the ExP sets) or if you uncheck the initialise option in a DAZ installer. It runs once to build the injection files for all of your currently installed morphs and then goes unused until you or an installer next have occasion to run it. Poser users (at least prior to Poser 7) need to have at least the Runtimelibraries!DAZ folder in their default library.

Thomas Jefferson

Zarat ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 9:08 AM

Hmmm. Guess it's about time for V5 then.
And forget about this V4 accident.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 9:23 AM

due to a HD crash....I havent had the ability to play in poser...but this new update sounds like a huge pain in the rear...what of those that arent exactly techno knowledgable?  this sounds like WAY more problems then at the current state of frustration I would even be willing to consider.

is it the only way to get the muscle morphs?

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 11:20 AM

I took V4.1 out of poser today. I was using her in a scene and each time I'd save the PZ3 I'd get a boat load of PMD error messages which is something I never gotten before even with regular V4. Nope, she's outta here and I'll be using V4 I really didn't need the muscle morphs anyhow I like V4 just as she is.

My Facebook Page

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 3:22 PM

think I'm going to pass on this one - I'll stick with V4 for the moment.  Far too much baggage comes with this girl for my liking

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:30 PM

Yep, Major F-up by Daz. Once again Poser users have to hack something to get to work the way we want it. I don't like the way Daz has decided for me that V4.1 needs to be in my P7 runtime. I don't have much  in my P7 runtime and I want to keep it like that. But Daz thinks otherwise.

The sad part of this is, all morphs from now on are going to be for V4.1 so if you don't upgrade you don't get to use the new morph sets. And, if Daz has thier way it will be bloating up our main poser runtime. Those of you that only use the one runtime will say it is fine for you but it is not  for those of us that use multi runtimes instead.

The muscle injects are all or nothing too. You can now DL the seperate injects but that is only because someone was nice enough to make them. Daz seems to think that we can't make our own decitions on what morphs we want to use so because of a few lazy complainers, everyone has to load all of them and bloat the file even more.

Giolon ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 5:46 PM

Well beryld, to offer some fairness up to DAZ, it's not their fault the data files have to be in the main runtime, it's Poser's.  However, it is completely their fault for deciding to go through with engineering their product in such a way that it falls prey to Poser's file search quirkiness.

As for the muscle injects (and the other Morph++ morphs for V4), I see no reason why they couldn't do it like they did for V3.  They had all of the INJ/REM poses for each morph individually, but they also had the INJ/REM ALL poses for those people who didn't care to maximize their memory efficiency and just wanted to dump them all in.

¤~Giolon~¤

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.